1. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 13:54
    Am I the only Englishman not to get carried away on the Andy Murray bandwaggon?
    FFS he's Scottish, and made his feelings about England felt at the last World Cup when he wore a Paraguay shirt prior to us playing them.

I sincerely hope someone (probably Federer) puts paid to the lairy jock get.
  2. Standard membermr carlsberg
    probally the best
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 13:56
    here...here... well that makes two of us english citizens now thenπŸ™‚
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 14:241 edit
    Originally posted by blade68
    FFS he's Scottish, and made his feelings about England felt at the last World Cup when he wore a Paraguay shirt prior to us playing them.

I thought the same until I heard the true story about the shirt......he was havin a laugh that's all.

In an interview with the Daily Mail's sports columnist Des Kelly and Tim Henman in 2006 that Murray made the remark.

Henman and Kelly had been teasing him about Scotland's failure to qualify for the 2006 World Cup, while England were safely through. In response to their teasing questions about who he would support he replied that it would be 'whoever England were playing against'.

Afterwards, he said:
    "I have supported Tim [Henman] the last 10 years and he is English! Ricky Hatton is one of my favourite boxers and he is English. I said I think England will beat Portugal in my press conference! I made a joke, I don't mind whether England win or lose! Press blew it out of proportion!"

ps. As an Englishman, I hope he does well at Wimbledon.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 16:38
    The English view:
    Successful Scottish = British
    All others = Scottish
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 17:184 edits

what would you have him do, the Morris dance to the tune of the Archers? get a grip, hes from a different culture, a different country, and we in Scotland are proud of his achievements! you guys are crap at everything, crap at tennis, crap at snooker, crap at rugby, crap at football, crap at cricket, i for one cannot personally wait until the Aussies whup you good and sound! we love it when you get whupped, we don't care who it is, the whole of Scotland lets out a cry of relief every time someone scores a goal against you at football, and it is the fault of your own making, and that of your media, for you systematically put yourselves on a pedestal every single time, if you ever did win the world cup, the suicide rate in Scotland would treble over night!
  6. Standard memberMarcusr
    Bat Chain Puller
    Gone
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 18:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what would you have him do, the Morris dance to the tune of the Archers? get a grip, hes from a different culture, a different country, and we in Scotland are proud of his achievements! you guys are crap at everything, crap at tennis, crap at snooker, crap at rugby, crap at football, crap at cricket, i for one cannot personally wait until the Aussies ...[text shortened]... time, if you ever did win the world cup, the suicide rate in Scotland would treble over night!
    Through excessive consumption of deep fried mars bars and temazepam? We must redouble our efforts....
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 18:51
    I don't hate him; I hate how gushy all the commentators get while calling his matches. They turn into little Murray fanboys.
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 19:04
    ..you guys are crap at everything, crap at tennis, crap at snooker, crap at rugby, crap at football, crap at cricket,
    ENGLAND:
    Tim Henman was the best British player [English] for years.
    Ronnie O'Sullivan is the most talented snooker player the world has ever seen[English]
    England won the rugby world cup recently.
    England 7 out of 7 wins in WC qualifying so far.
    England recently won the ashes from the Aussies.

SCOTLAND:
    ummmmmm.

They used to have a couple of reasonable snooker players and now they have Murray.....that's it.πŸ˜›
  9. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 19:20
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    ENGLAND:
    Tim Henman was the best British player [English] for years.
    Ronnie O'Sullivan is the most talented snooker player the world has ever seen[English]
    England won the rugby world cup recently.
    England 7 out of 7 wins in WC qualifying so far.
    England recently won the ashes from the Aussies.

SCOTLAND:
    ummmmmm.

They used to have a couple of reasonable snooker players and now they have Murray.....that's it.πŸ˜›
    If i lived in a country which lived on the shirt tails as such a great nation like England, i think jealousy and envy would probably make me feel bitter and twisted too , so i dont knock Scotland they have had it tough !! πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
  10. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 19:25
    what would you have him do, the Morris dance to the tune of the Archers? get a grip, hes from a different culture, a different country, and we in Scotland are proud of his achievements! you guys are crap at everything, crap at tennis, crap at snooker, crap at rugby, crap at football, crap at cricket, i for one cannot personally wait until the Aussies ...[text shortened]... time, if you ever did win the world cup, the suicide rate in Scotland would treble over night!
    I seem to remember Ally Mcload banging on about how Scotland would win the world cup in 74 [ i think] and boy did i laugh when you got home before the post cards did !!! [ again].... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
  11. Standard memberhelden
    Dann sind wir Helden
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 19:325 edits
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I seem to remember Ally Mcload banging on about how Scotland would win the world cup in 74 [ i think] and boy did i laugh when you got home before the post cards did !!! [ again].... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
    actually it was 1978, remember it well, a friend of mine wanted me to go half on a £120 bet on scotland at 4/6 to beat Peru, but being a typical Scotsman I was drunk as a skunk before 8pm missed the match found out next morning they lost 3-1. Still we beat Holland 3-2 after drawing with Iran. Still saved myself £60.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 23:32
    what have you Angles got to say for yourself now? will you yet refuse to share in the joy of one of Scotlands folk heroes?
  13. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    02 Jul '09 00:12

Stuff the English πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›
  14. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    02 Jul '09 00:15
    Originally posted by phil3000
    a great nation like England
    What an ass, if they ever manage to remove your head from there you may see the real world
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jul '09 00:22
    Lol, they should erect statues, right in Stirling castle, beside Robert Bruce, one for Andy Murray, one for James McFadden and one for Angus young of AC/DC, all Scottish folk heroes!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree