1. Standard memberRSMA1234
    The Guvnor....!!!!
    The Dark Side
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 13:10
    My mate Hair's at it again

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/6337481.stm

This guy cracks me up, I think he is living in a dream world.

Not only did his direct actions lead to the first forfeiture in 129 years, he tried to get $ 500 K for his resignation.....now he is trying another tack...what a joker
  2. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 13:53
    He has single handily ruined his own career,

The word Numpty springs to mind
  3. Standard memberRSMA1234
    The Guvnor....!!!!
    The Dark Side
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 13:57
    Originally posted by millerman

LOL...true

Needs looking for blame now, but the reality is that he will only hurt himself
  4. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 14:33
    Originally posted by millerman

I have little sympathy with Hair but the point is he didn't single handedly do anything. The other umpire involved whose name escape me has got off scot free for his actions whilst Hair has been made a scapegoat.

Inzi should never have refused to play. Any issues he had with Hair should have been brought up after the match.

Hair has been very poorly advised since the incident and I'm sure he wont gain anything from his latest action. But the other umpire should have stood shoulder to shoulder with Hair.
  5. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 21:351 edit
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I have little sympathy with Hair but the point is he didn't single handedly do anything. The other umpire involved whose name escape me has got off scot free for his actions whilst Hair has been made a scapegoat.

Inzi should never have refused to play. Any issues he had with Hair should have been brought up after the match.

Hair has been very poorly from his latest action. But the other umpire should have stood shoulder to shoulder with Hair.
    The other umpire was Billy Doctrove from the West Indies.

I still can't see what all the fuss is about. Granted, since the event he has acted like a clown, but good on him for sticking to the rules of the game and not being pushed around by the Pakis.

It was an absolute disgrace the way Inzi behaved and I think Hair did the right thing and I doubt any other umpire would have the balls to do it. It's good to see someone doing what's right rather than looking out for his own skin.

Everybody seems to think the umpires are the ones who did something wrong. It was the Pakis for refusing to play on. The only reason the ICC hasn't backed its umpires for following the rules is that the ICC (like cricket in general) is being dominated (not on the playing field, but decisions and stuff) by Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan etc.

It's becoming a joke.
  6. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 21:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 21:58

8. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 22:00

9. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 22:01

10. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 22:02

11. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 22:08

12. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 22:121 edit
    He made an assumption before gathering the facts/evidence.

His decision making was poor, he deserves to go.

Pakistan had every right to refuse to carry on playing. Hair was trying to make some sort of point by accusing pakistan...
    By penalising Pakistan and inviting the England batsmen to choose a replacement ball, Hair was making his declaration: Pakistan, in his eyes, were cheating and the damage to the ball had been haphazard, wilful. Upon reflection, it is surprising that Inziand his team did not deliver an immediate protest.

All the TV camera's at the ground could not prove a single pakistani player tampered with the ball.

In hindsight, Hair should have thought about these words "Innocent until proven guilty"
  13. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 22:15
    And why should Pakistan have carried on after they've effectively been branded cheats by one umpire?????
  14. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 22:18
    Originally posted by Crita

The only reason the ICC hasn't backed its umpires for following the rules is that the ICC (like cricket in general) is being dominated (not on the playing field, but decisions and stuff) by Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan etc.

It's becoming a joke.
    This did make me laugh,

Mike Atherton was shown to have cheated on T.V and was punished for it. And the ICC acted accordingly.
    Your ignorance does make me laugh..

In this case there WAS evidence......................................
  15. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 22:55
    So, you're telling me that Hair and Doctrove BOTH discussed the situation and decided "Hey, we've got no reason to suspect Pakistan of ball tampering but let's screw our careers up anyway! What the hell, it'll be a laugh!"

Now, you may not think Hair is a genius, but he wouldn't do something that stupid. And Doctrove would have stopped him if he thought it was wrong.

Obviously there was enough reason for Hair and Doctrove to believe the Pakis guilty.

Anyway, what was the penalty? About 5 runs isn't it?

Inzi should have taken his skirt off, copped the 5 runs, played on and dealt with it after the game.

Maybe Hair made a mistake, but Inzi's was deliberate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree