1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 16:20
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Here is another scenairo for you. LSU wins out and OU wins out. OU leapfrogs Oregon who plays a sedate schedule the rest of the way. This produces an LSU vs. OU national championship game.
    I doubt that would happen; Oregon's schedule isn't that easy - the three teams they play are a combined 15-15. Oregon's lead over Oklahoma is about .84 in the BCS; that's pretty sizeable. Only if Oklahoma really destroys Kansas or Missouri in the Big 12 Championship and some of the computers change big because of strength of schedule (which currently favors Oregon over OU) is your scenario possible.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 16:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I doubt that would happen; Oregon's schedule isn't that easy - the three teams they play are a combined 15-15. Oregon's lead over Oklahoma is about .84 in the BCS; that's pretty sizeable. Only if Oklahoma really destroys Kansas or Missouri in the Big 12 Championship and some of the computers change big because of strength of schedule (which currently favors Oregon over OU) is your scenario possible.
    We'll see. Remember, you heard it here first. Pollsters memories are short. A strong finishing kick will eradicate early losses, and closing with wins over TWO top 10 teams in the final 3 games would be enough to leap frog them over Oregon playing 3 aggregate .500 teams.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 16:361 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    We'll see. Remember, you heard it here first. Pollsters memories are short. A strong finishing kick will eradicate early losses, and closing with wins over TWO top 10 teams in the final 3 games would be enough to leap frog them over Oregon playing 3 aggregate .500 teams.
    They won't play two top ten teams. They play a decent Texas Tech squad (though they've lost 3 of 4), Oklahoma State which is 5-5 and then the Big 12 Championship game.
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 16:37
    I think LSU will play in and win the Title Game.
  5. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 16:50
    Originally posted by Red Night
    I think LSU will play in and win the Title Game.
    I would like to see either LSU, Oregon, or Kansas in the championship. It's nice to see teams that deserve to be at the top at the top. I'm tired of seeing teams not in the "big" conferences not getting their chance, and I hope the Boise State phenomenom of the past few years helped change that.
  6. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 17:011 edit
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    I would like to see either LSU, Oregon, or Kansas in the championship. It's nice to see teams that deserve to be at the top at the top. I'm tired of seeing teams not in the "big" conferences not getting their chance, and I hope the Boise State phenomenom of the past few years helped change that.
    LSU is in a pretty big conference, so is Oregon.
  7. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 17:25
    Originally posted by Red Night
    LSU is in a pretty big conference, so is Oregon.
    One statement wasn't supposed to be related to another, my apologies for misrepresenting my thoughts
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 23:16
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    You know, hype is exactly that. In a single game, it is possible for a small school to win a game against a monster....once. If they played them 2 or more times it wouldn't happen, 99% of the time. The possibility would still exist, but the likelihood would be remote at best. Upsets are part of the game, no doubt. But you cannot say because one team upsets another team on a given day, they are the better team period. That is true at all levels. How many of you would rather have Kentucky rather than LSU in a best of three matchup? How about Illinois vs. Ohio State? Hawaii against OU or LSU or Oregon? The one day gimmick allows for all of the trickery, key injuries, off days, whatever to factor into the performance for one day. Point spreads aside, just betting on the victor straight up with your life depending on you picking it outcome, you would agree with my assessment. You go with the odds, not with what you hope happens.
  9. Standard memberAnonymousnumber1
    Just call me
    Gark
    Moves
    13 Nov '07 02:04

what a load. i dont even want to talk about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree