1. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 15:16
    Good news the NBA will go back to the standard NBA Basketball the frist of the year!!!!!! Why did they change balls in the frist place? if its not broke dont fix it lol
  2. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 15:29
    Originally posted by richfeet
    Good news the NBA will go back to the standard NBA Basketball the frist of the year!!!!!! Why did they change balls in the frist place? if its not broke dont fix it lol
    Yeah, but some players are complaining that they are just now making the change! They are saying that it is so late in the season that it will take some readjusting to the old ball! But with the new ball, scoring is up and shooting percentage is up yet players hated it!
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 02:37
    what happened with the current balls ?
  4. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 03:05
    The reason for the change in the first place, had to do with $$$$. They mass-produced the microfiber ball to be available to the general public for purchase. Stern wanted ordinary fans (well, ordinary fans who can afford to spend $100 on a ball) to be able to say, "Hey, I'm using the exact same ball they use in the NBA. And it's cutting my fingers, just like it does in the NBA!"
  5. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 03:09
    Originally posted by zintieriv
    what happened with the current balls ?
    Players complained that it bounced differently, that it was too sticky when dry, too slippery when wet, and some players even said they got cuts on thier fingers from the new balls. The answer to your next question is, "I have no idea."
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 23:16
    You mean the leather one?

Dang, miracles do happen.
  7. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 01:14
    Old balls rule!!
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 01:25
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You mean the leather one?

Dang, miracles do happen.
    Wow, how did I miss this thread? I almost started one last week also.

Question.

Why are they waiting so long to DO it? Why wait till January? They should have let them bring there own ball once the decision was made to switch back.

I give a lot of credit to the guy who runs the NBA and said he was wrong... but he should have said 'starting right now'.

P-
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 08:25
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

Question.

Why are they waiting so long to DO it? Why wait till January? They should have let them bring there own ball once the decision was made to switch back.

I give a lot of credit to the guy who runs the NBA and said he was wrong... but he should have said 'starting right now'.

P-
    maybe he thinks the players will find out they like the new ball
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 14:03
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

Question.

P-
    I totally agree, but you know, the NBA is a great big "organization" now, and as such, it takes it a while to do anything...

Doing it on a certain date ensures that everyone transitions at the same time, and Jan 1 is as handy a date as any.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree