1. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    30 Apr '09 01:42
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Of course, I don't blame them for lobbying for the call DURING the game; heck, Pierce and Doc were trying to get an "in the act of shooting call" on the last possession! I was more referring to the after game comments by Gordon (in particular) and the Bulls' coach and the "we wuz robbed" bloggers.
    I didn't see those comments - but it doesn't surprise me. That's why I turn
    the channel when the games are over or if I see a press conference. Too
    many crybabies who get robbed. I'd like to see the Bulls players whine
    about how they haven't got enough free-throw shooting practice. "Man, I
    really wish we'd get more time to practice free-throw shooting because if we
    did maybe we could win a few more games." 🙂
  2. Bucharest
    Moves
    01 May '09 10:03
    I laughed when I saw that the Magic won the game.
  3. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    03 May '09 03:14
    I am going to post my 2nd round predictions early since I don't think Atlanta or Miami have a shot against Cleveland.

Cleveland over Atlanta/Miami in 5
    Orlando over Boston in 6

Lakers over Houston in 5
    Denver over Dallas in 7
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 May '09 05:11
    Cleveland will beat either the Hawks or Heat. The Hawks will give them a good fight and last 7; Miami will go down in 5.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see the Celts depleted front line handling Superman. The Champs won't roll over though. Magic in 7.

Both the Lakers and Nuggets will win in 6.
  5. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    03 May '09 05:30
    Cleveland will beat either the Hawks or Heat. The Hawks will give them a good fight and last 7; Miami will go down in 5.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see the Celts depleted front line handling Superman. The Champs won't roll over though. Magic in 7.

Don't underestimate the injured Tracy McGrady phenomenon we're seeing already.
    Rockets very well might win the championship because McGrady is not going
    to hurt them by being on the court.

😉
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 May '09 05:35
    Originally posted by Traveling Again
    Don't underestimate the injured Tracy McGrady phenomenon we're seeing already.
    Rockets very well might win the championship because McGrady is not going
    to hurt them by being on the court.

😉
    I see no reason to believe that the Laker-Cav finals isn't inevitable.
  7. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    03 May '09 07:08

If Boston gets it to a game 7, they will probably win the series.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 May '09 14:34
    HMM, the Rockets spank the Lakers in Game 1. Maybe that Cav-Laker final isn't as "inevitable" as I thought.

In other news, the Celts lose Game 1 at home to the Magic though a late run makes the final respectable rather than the blowout it was most of the game. If the Celts don't win Wednesday, they'll be done in 4.
  9. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    05 May '09 22:09
    The Rockets spank the Lakers in Game 1. The Celts loose Game 1 at home to the Magic...(but) make the final respectable.
    lol spoken like a true homer. Both the Lakers and the Celtics had opportunities in the fourth quarter to take the lead, but they both came up short. So I wouldn't characterize either lose as a "spanking." An example of "spankings" are the final two games of the NO-Denver series where NO didn't even put up a fight in the fourth quarter.

Nice try little man.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 May '09 22:14
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    lol spoken like a true homer. Both the Lakers and the Celtics had opportunities in the fourth quarter to take the lead, but they both came up short. So I wouldn't characterize either lose as a "spanking." An example of "spankings" are the final two games of the NO-Denver series where NO didn't even put up a fight in the fourth quarter.

Nice try little man.
    Spoken like a true moron.

After leading by 1 with 8:19 to go, the Lakers fell apart down the stretch and lost by 8, trailing by as much as 11 with a 1:24 to go. That sure looks like a "spanking" to me; great teams are supposed to play better in the 4th, not collapse.
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    06 May '09 01:32
    Spoken like a true moron.

After leading by 1 with 8:19 to go, the Lakers fell apart down the stretch and lost by 8, trailing by as much as 11 with a 1:24 to go. That sure looks like a "spanking" to me; great teams are supposed to play better in the 4th, not collapse.
    So losing by 2 possessions is a "respectable" loss, but losing by 3 is a "spanking?" lol mar you are a master of the double standard.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 May '09 01:50
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    So losing by 2 possessions is a "respectable" loss, but losing by 3 is a "spanking?" lol mar you are a master of the double standard.
    Under the circumstances, the Laker loss was psychologically worse for the reason given. Since they were two different games which played out in entirely different ways, there's no application of a "double standard" (a term you don't seem to know the meaning of).

Both teams are still 0-1 though and I still expect the Lakers to win and the Celtics to lose. Guess I'm applying a "double standard" again. 🙄
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    06 May '09 03:29
    Under the circumstances, the Laker loss was psychologically worse for the reason given. Since they were two different games which played out in entirely different ways, there's no application of a "double standard" (a term you don't seem to know the meaning of).

Both teams are still 0-1 though and I still expect the Lakers to win and the Celtics to lose. Guess I'm applying a "double standard" again. 🙄
    Alright spin doctor, so using your infamous power of telepathy you know that the Lakers' clubhouse are taking their defeat worse than the Celtics' clubhouse. In the words of a certain someone, I find that laughable! Look it doesn't matter how logical my argument is, your still going to belief that the Lakers "fell apart" and that the Rockets thoroughly "spanked" them. And that is just you being you. That is fine with me. Your imagination produces some pretty hilarious conjectures and I wouldn't want to discourage you from entertaining me with anymore of them.

Anyways, if the Lakers happen to lose anymore games, I hope they lose by 2 or less possessions so that they are "respectable loses." If not I am going to be thoroughly depressed from the psychological stress of losing by 3 or more possessions!
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 May '09 11:59
    I hate being right (so far).:'(
  15. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    10 May '09 05:39
    I hate being right (so far).:'(
    Well the Hawks aren't pushing the Cav's second round bye to seven games, so your predictions may still go awry, which you should take as a good omen if you want your Celtics to advance. I actually wouldn't mind if the Celtics evened up the series tomorrow as this year's second round has been lacking of drama besides the Rockets/Lakers series that seems to be in the books now that Yao is out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree