1. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 22:21
    Ofcourse it was. The 1st pass to Iniesta was offside, but Van der Vaart blocked it. The second pass wasn't, but by then vd Vaart was out of position and couldn't guard Iniesta sufficiently anymore. So Spain profited from the offside situation.

This is ofcourse aside from the facts that the goalkick leading to this situation should in fact have been a corner for Holland, and that Iniesta ought to have been sent off the pitch already for deliberately kicking van Bommel while the ball wasn't anywhere close.
  2. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 22:23
    Originally posted by Bane of apologists
    Ofcourse it was. The 1st pass to Iniesta was offside, but Van der Vaart blocked it. The second pass wasn't, but by then vd Vaart was out of position and couldn't guard Iniesta sufficiently anymore. So Spain profited from the offside situation.

This is ofcourse aside from the facts that the goalkick leading to this situation should in fact have ...[text shortened]... f the pitch already for deliberately kicking van Bommel while the ball wasn't anywhere close.
    Weak trolling attempt.
  3. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 22:241 edit
    The Dutch had a way of playing seen before by the ancient German team, and at the same time showed an attitude on the field comparable with old Argentinian or Uruquayan teams attacking their opponents. I thought the referee wasn't bad at all. Almost all yellow cards were deserved...
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 22:27
    Originally posted by orion25
    Which one of the yellow cards to heitinga was appropriate? Neither.

Terrible game and terrible referee. Bad sportsmanship by spain but also by the netherlands, though I'm inclined to think that there would never be a goal with 11 men on the pitch, the result might have been much different - probably penalties. Spain were diving since half time, Holland we ...[text shortened]... ightedness.

In the end though, I can hardly complain, spain were better and deserved to win.
    both actually. second for sure and first probably because it was his second or third bad foul.

what was more shocking in how van bommel and de jong stayed on the field. since when was karate kick in the chest only a yellow card? ๐Ÿ™„

i defended the choice of webb to be ref as he did have a great world cup before tonight but he completely bottled he final...i wanted holland to win but they should've been down to at least 9 men during the first 90 mins. plus robben kicking the ball in the back of the net 10 minutes after the whistle was blown should've been a second yellow as well.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 22:29
    Originally posted by Aiko
    The Dutch had a way of playing seen before by the ancient German team, and at the same time showed an attitude on the field comparable with old Argentinian or Uruquayan teams attacking their opponents. I thought the referee wasn't bad at all. Almost all yellow cards were deserved...
    Did you sleep through the hook on Robben with 6 minutes to go in regulation on the break away to the goal?? That cost the Netherlands the game because the officials blew the call. At worst, it should have been a penalty kick. The officiating was absolutely wretched for the entire cup.
  6. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 22:41
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Did you sleep through the hook on Robben with 6 minutes to go in regulation on the break away to the goal?? That cost the Netherlands the game because the officials blew the call. At worst, it should have been a penalty kick. The officiating was absolutely wretched for the entire cup.
    No sleeping here.
    There should have been a few red cards aswell, so I think the referee was not even harsh.

Robben falls down easily. Sometimes on his own account. He stayed up at the moment you refer to. Doubtly that this a penalty kick. Not even a free kick...
  7. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 22:44
    Howard Webb commited one serious mistake in the final that could have completelly changed the game: not giving De Jong a red crad in the first half

YouTube

And I rest my case
  8. Auckland
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 06:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Robbed! Did you watch the game?
    Yes DG, it was live at 6.30am here in NZ

Did you get a yellow card too.๐Ÿ™‚
  9. Auckland
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 06:11
    At least it was not a penalty kick for a change.

How is Spice's tattoo๐Ÿ™‚
  10. Utrecht
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 07:10
    Originally posted by monteirof
    Howard Webb commited one serious mistake in the final that could have completelly changed the game: not giving De Jong a red crad in the first half

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99TL7dvo98I

And I rest my case
    van Bommel and de Jong should have sent off, but nobody mentions the foul Sneijder committed, where he himself acted as if he was the victim. Was a dark red card too.
    A shame how 'we' performed. Spain deserved the win fully.
  11. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 09:37
    Originally posted by Sake
    van Bommel and de Jong should have sent off, but nobody mentions the foul Sneijder committed, where he himself acted as if he was the victim. Was a dark red card too.
    A shame how 'we' performed. Spain deserved the win fully.
    Yes, I admit. De Jong deserved the red, and so did robben. The red for Heitinga wasn't appropriate though, as it was a clear inesta dive (he did two even more spectacular ones, one earning a yellow for v.derWiel, and one in the box. I also saw a lot of dives by Xavi, one in the box. The should also have received yellow cards.) Doesn't really matter though, as spain deserved to win and we didn't deserve to field 11 men in the second half.

In all honesty I expected this, but it was nice to reach the final anyway. Spain were better, and that ends the discussion.
  12. Auckland
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 09:45
    Originally posted by orion25
    Yes, I admit. De Jong deserved the red, and so did robben. The red for Heitinga wasn't appropriate though, as it was a clear inesta dive (he did two even more spectacular ones, one earning a yellow for v.derWiel, and one in the box. I also saw a lot of dives by Xavi, one in the box. The should also have received yellow cards.) Doesn't really matter though, a ...[text shortened]... , but it was nice to reach the final anyway. Spain were better, and that ends the discussion.
    I am still speechless Orion. Who won our bet. Only 200 Spaniards in Auckland until 9am this morning, now seems like 200,000.

Would be more but our Dutch community don't speak Spanish.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 20:221 edit
    How anyone could have watched that game and still felt the Dutch were the better team is beyond me (perhaps you are americans?). Webb did an excellent job refereeing a team of petulant over-physical dirty let downs who were a disgrace to the country who perpetuated "total football", even Cruyff was dismayed at their performance.

Viva Espana!
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 20:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How anyone could have watched that game and still felt the Dutch were the better team is beyond me (perhaps you are americans?). Webb did an excellent job refereeing a team of petulant over-physical dirty let downs who were a disgrace to the country who perpetuated "total football", even Cruyff was dismayed at their performance.

Viva Espana!
    cruyff had been critical from day one... my guess is he didn't want this team to be crowned world champions when his far superior team in an attacking sense failed to do so. only 1 internal fight and a team that had balls... possibly the greatest dutch team ever the 2010 class. and had robben scored when one on one with the keeper... who knows. (i had a bet @33/1 for robben to score first and the final result to be 1-1... feckin dutchman.)

btw webb bottled it... a poor showing from a generally good ref.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 21:24
    Originally posted by trev33
    cruyff had been critical from day one... my guess is he didn't want this team to be crowned world champions when his far superior team in an attacking sense failed to do so. only 1 internal fight and a team that had balls... possibly the greatest dutch team ever the 2010 class. and had robben scored when one on one with the keeper... who knows. (i had a bet @ ...[text shortened]... be 1-1... feckin dutchman.)

btw webb bottled it... a poor showing from a generally good ref.
    Totally disagree on Webb, he is no bottler. He tried to keep the biggest game in the four year calendar going by not sending people off early. If he had started with the reds it would have been carnage and the game would have been in danger of becoming a farce.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree