1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 12:30
    New Zealand will win a few sessions here and there because they've got a few genuine international level stars who can perform, but not enough of them to turn a whole test their way. England will boss New Zealand in New Zealand and then boss them again in England, before then going on to beat Australia [more narrowly] in England in the summer.
  2. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 12:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    New Zealand will win a few sessions here and there because they've got a few genuine international level stars who can perform, but not enough of them to turn a whole test their way. England will boss New Zealand in New Zealand and then boss them again in England, before then going on to beat Australia [more narrowly] in England in the summer.
    You had better be right, as I have just applied for tickets for the Ashes.

£110 each. It had better be a good day.

Last time I spent that much on an Ashes match, I watched Glenn McGrath rip our top order apart with one of the finest displays of bowling I have seen.

Now, of course, I should acknowledge my good fortune at having seen one of the true greats giving a masterclass in fast bowling, and admire it in a dispassionate and objective way.

But it wasn't that warm that day, and if you are sitting undercover at Lords it creates a wind-tunnel effect dropping the temperature by another 5 degrees. And I was sitting near a group of Aussies.

So cold, miserable, and down £200 to listen to a bunch of drunk Aussies repeatedly calling McGrath an 'allrounder' by English standards.

Not happy.
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 12:37
    The real question is: Who can beat the Proteas?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 05:38
    Originally posted by Crowley
    The real question is: Who can beat the Proteas?
    I think the Australians might beat them in February-March 2014 as they bounce back after narrowly losing the Ashes at home.
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    03 Mar '13 19:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think the Australians might beat them in February-March 2014 as they bounce back after narrowly losing the Ashes at home.
    The Aussies? Naah.
    Are you seeing what India is doing to them?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '13 00:36
    The Aussies? Naah.
    I am enjoying it immensely!
  7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    09 Mar '13 20:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    The English attack is looking pretty tame.
  8. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    10 Mar '13 15:34
    The English attack is looking pretty tame.
    And so is the New Zealnad attack.

Looks like a pretty boring game.
  9. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    10 Mar '13 15:44
    What is more interesting is how Bangladesh is faring against Sri Lanka.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '13 01:21
    Looks like a pretty boring game.
    I wonder if the other two pitches will be like this one was.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    11 Mar '13 01:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    I wonder if the other two pitches will be like this one was.
    If the Kiwi's have an ounce of nounce they will be.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Mar '13 03:331 edit
    The Aussies? Naah.
    The Aussie selectors are pathetic. I really think they are watching these games on their i-phones between shots on the golf course...

Some of the selection choices are truly bizzare. They didn't bring the best spinner (the N.S.W. captain-forget his name) in the domestic Shield comp by a long shot (on statistics), and they dropped Phillip Hughes, (a young batsman who has the skills, but was dropped twice already only to be returned to the national team-which must dent the young guys confidence), not to mention the controversial bowling rotation system, which also sends the wrong message to a player who thinks he is in form.

Do the other countries drop their best bowlers to be rested - even if they are fit and ready to go???

Really disappointed with the Aussie cricket this summer. They were matching S.A. , drawing the first two matches , only to be squeezed out of the third game in a couple of sessions - those little 1% decisions that could've changed the course of the series ...ts,ts
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Mar '13 03:37
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    If the Kiwi's have an ounce of nounce they will be.
    "nounce" ? did you mean 'nouse'? lol
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '13 08:54
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The Aussie selectors are pathetic. I really think they are watching these games on their i-phones between shots on the golf course...
    Interesting read here... http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/623990.html
  15. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    11 Mar '13 19:29
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Do the other countries drop their best bowlers to be rested - even if they are fit and ready to go???
    Actually, yes. We have consistently alternated and rested our fast bowlers for the last season. Especially now with the Champions Trophy around the corner.

I don't know why.
    Every time there is an official ICC event on the horizon, the Protea management have some new vaunted plan to "this time bring a trophy home".
    Bah. It seems preparation doesn't work. I suggest rock up the day before the first game and getting drunk after every game. It's not like taking these events seriously has gotten us anywhere in the past.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree