Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. 22 Jun '10 07:25
    Not long to watch these blokes from downunder who have upset the world cup star players already.

Just so my mate across the ditch, barstudd, I am posting this on 22 June. The match is on 24th June at Polokwane starting at 16:00 hours local time, us Kiwis have to get up around 2:00 am in the morning to watch it.

Should be an interesting match and we have already seen miracles happen with Italy.

Hopefully the match will only have 11 players each this time.

Go Kiwis
  2. 22 Jun '10 11:59
    Originally posted by zm775
    Not long to watch these blokes from downunder who have upset the world cup star players already.

Just so my mate across the ditch, barstudd, I am posting this on 22 June. The match is on 24th June at Polokwane starting at 16:00 hours local time, us Kiwis have to get up around 2:00 am in the morning to watch it.

Should be an interesting match and we have ...[text shortened]... ppen with Italy.

Hopefully the match will only have 11 players each this time.

Go Kiwis
    I'm rooting for you Kiwis. However, I don't see it happening this time. Paraguay is in a must win and has real good play up front. I'm sure they're studying Italy-NZ gamefilm and getting salivary gland stimulating ideas. Hopefully indeed they will both leave it all on the pitch without ref assistance. Ref's are real fools and buy everything they see! Blind, IQ challenged lot!
  3. 22 Jun '10 12:28
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I'm rooting for you Kiwis. However, I don't see it happening this time. Paraguay is in a must win and has real good play up front. I'm sure they're studying Italy-NZ gamefilm and getting salivary gland stimulating ideas. Hopefully indeed they will both leave it all on the pitch without ref assistance. Ref's are real fools and buy everything they see! Blind, IQ challenged lot!
    Our team has gone back to milk the cows and will just turn up on Thursday and get on with it. Paraguay will be the hardest game yet, the said that about Italy too.
  4. 24 Jun '10 06:50
    The big game today for us starting at 16:00 hours local time. The All Whites are to be clad in black today due to conflicts with Paraguay so the All Whites will be playing in all back.

Take a look at this rugby ad during the world cup match, not in our country:

http://videogoneviral.com/2010/06/czech-rugby-ad-running-during-soccer-world-cup/
  5. 24 Jun '10 10:21
    Paraguay ranked 31
    New Zealand ranked 74

What chance do we have.

That's what the Italians said.
  6. 24 Jun '10 12:03
    Paraguay ranked 31
    New Zealand ranked 74

What chance do we have.

That's what the Italians said.
    Rankings mean little. NZ plays with heart and just enough talent to cncern any opponent. Looks like only patsies of this tourney were the French. NZ should have a great game. Maybe it will be their first win in black!
  7. 24 Jun '10 12:09
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Rankings mean little. NZ plays with heart and just enough talent to cncern any opponent. Looks like only patsies of this tourney were the French. NZ should have a great game. Maybe it will be their first win in black!
    Thank you sacchipazzo. I believe they will give their best and who knows whether all balck will be their lucky colour.
  8. Standard member Elamef37
    Queenslander
    24 Jun '10 12:18
    Hey zed, all the best for the Kiwis tonight
  9. 24 Jun '10 13:31
    Originally posted by Elamef37
    Hey zed, all the best for the Kiwis tonight
    Thanks Elamef37. You Aussies were dead unlucky, still hope for your cousins across the ditch.
  10. 24 Jun '10 14:41
    Nil Nil so far 40 minutes in.
  11. 24 Jun '10 15:45
    Last 4 minutes NIL TO NIL
  12. 24 Jun '10 15:45
    Wow, it looks like Italy is about to get taken down. New Zealand's got a chance to advance.
  13. 24 Jun '10 15:49
    Last 4 minutes NIL TO NIL
    Holywood time of 3 minutes added
  14. 24 Jun '10 15:52
    A draw, unbeaten world cup campaign, is sadly over.
  15. 24 Jun '10 18:54
    But an impressive WC performance. Heads high.