1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 12:57
    I started this thread because the lowercase letters is the other title were starting to annoy me. I'm not sure why, just one of things that got to me. No offense to anyone, just one of those things.

The Flyers are off to a terrific start, I'm already predicting they are going worst to first. Danny Briere has been worth every penny so far. And when Forsberg comes back mid-season (he will come to the Flyers, I'm telling you this now, remember it) they will be unstoppable.

Your predictions after the first few games?
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 13:24
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    I started this thread because the lowercase letters is the other title were starting to annoy me. I'm not sure why, just one of things that got to me. No offense to anyone, just one of those things.

The Flyers are off to a terrific start, I'm already predicting they are going worst to first. Danny Briere has been worth every penny so far. And when F ...[text shortened]... s now, remember it) they will be unstoppable.

Flyers will continue to blow.

The Toronto Maple Leafs will win the Stanley Cup.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 14:19
    BOLD Predictions:

Art Ross Trophy - Sidney Crosby, PIT
    (Over/Under 120 points for Crosby - OVER)

Hart Trophy - Dany Heatley, OTT

Richard Trophy - Dany Heatley, OTT

Norris Trophy - Niklas Lidstrom, DET

Vezina Trophy - Nicklas Backstrom, MIN

Calder Trophy - Jonathon Toews, CHI

President's Trophy - Ottawa Senators

Eastern Conference Champions - Ottawa Senators

Western Conference Champions - Detroit Red Wings

Stanley Cup Champions - Detroit Red Wings
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 14:22
    Originally posted by darvlay

The Toronto Maple Leafs will win the Stanley Cup.
    I would comment but it's hard to make fun of fans you feel sorry for... 😛
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 14:25
    Originally posted by uzless
    I would comment but it's hard to make fun of fans you feel sorry for... 😛
    I was there on Tuesday. We lost 7-1 to Carolina. The ACC was raining boos.
  6. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 15:221 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I was there on Tuesday. We lost 7-1 to Carolina. The ACC was raining boos.
    Not to worry, the Raptors will bring the cheers back to the ACC.

Steen
    Stajan
    Tucker
    Antropov
    Gill
    Kubina

Stick them all in a sack and ship them to Phoenix
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 15:23
    Not to worry, the Raptors will bring the cheers back to the ACC.

Steen
    Stajan
    Tucker
    Antropov
    Gill
    Kubina

Stick them all in a sack and ship them to Phoenix
    I'd keep Antropov and Kubina.

Bryan McCabe has to be on that list of schmucks.
  8. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 15:39

The Flyers are off to a terrific start, I'm already predicting they are going worst to first. Danny Briere has been worth every penny so far. And when F ...[text shortened]... s now, remember it) they will be unstoppable.

Ok so they had a bad game last night, but the Preds are off to a pretty good start. Mason almost had two shut-outs back to back and I think he is one of the top 5 goalies in the leauge.
  9. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 16:09
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    Ok so they had a bad game last night, but the Preds are off to a pretty good start. Mason almost had two shut-outs back to back and I think he is one of the top 5 goalies in the leauge.
    Yes but he's playing on a sad sack team with no one in front of him. He's this years Luongo in Florida.
  10. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 16:31
    Yes but he's playing on a sad sack team with no one in front of him. He's this years Luongo in Florida.
    Having no defense makes for a miserable season, no matter how many supertar scorers you have. I learned that lesson last year. I believe the Flyers have addressed that well and the defense is holding along with a pretty solid Marty Biron so far. A lot of happy flyers fans in the city right now 😀

And darv, I hope the leafs at least stay competitive for awhile, I wouldn't want to have to get you back for all of lasts years flyers trash talk 😉
  11. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 16:541 edit
    And darv, I hope the leafs at least stay competitive for awhile,
    a while? They're not even competetive now!

Case in point, the Leafs have inserted Wade Belak, Simon Gamache, and Anton Stralman into the line-up for tonight's game. WHO????

It's going to be a long season for leaf nation.
  12. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 17:05
    I'm just looking forward to watching Crosby play again this year. I'm a new Penguins fan because of him. I love watching him play.
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 17:112 edits
    Case in point, the Leafs have inserted Wade Belak, Simon Gamache, and Anton Stralman into the line-up for tonight's game.
    Belak can go to hell. Gamache was a highly-touted junior many moons ago and is trying to revive his career in Toronto. Anton Stralman is a name you will remember. I was very disappointed that he wasn't on the team after training camp.

"An offensively very gifted defenseman. Strålman has good hockey sense and reads the game well and is not afraid to join the rush. He has a very good point shot and a great player to use on the power play, not because of his release but his smart passing game as well. Defensively he is quite reliable*, although hardly a physical force. Strålman is a decent skater, not overly impressive in full flight but he accelerates well."

*Hear that, McCabe?? Ya bum!
  14. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 17:21
    Originally posted by slimjim
    I'm just looking forward to watching Crosby play again this year. I'm a new Penguins fan because of him. I love watching him play.
    Somebody needs to hit crosby hard. Its not like he is going to do anything about it anyway, little wuss
  15. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 17:251 edit
    Somebody needs to hit crosby hard. Its not like he is going to do anything about it anyway, little wuss
    That's the point. They can't hit him. He skates rings around anybody else on the ice. Mario don't keep wussies on his team.

P.S. Flyers suck.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree