1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 10:581 edit
    This is somewhat of a continuation of Thread 130483 wherein I argued that there is little or no home ice advantage in the NHL playoffs, to the disagreement of other posters.

Well, this year, in 25 playoff games so far anyone want to guess the home teams' record?

8-17.

Chew on that for a second.

8-17.

Keep in mind that since most series' are after game 3, the home team has been the higher seed in 16 of those 25 games and nonetheless, the home team is batting all of .320! Not bad for a batting average, but for a winning percentage?

Granted, it's a small sample size, but does anyone still think that the NHL regular season means anything? Thankfully, the league has expanded to the point where almost half the teams don't make it, which puts a little drama in the regular season, but for those that do make it, seeding is just plain irrelevant.

Look at the 1-8 series. Vancouver trails 3-0 and the Rangers, while up 2-1 have been in two very tight games and could easily be down 2-1 with a bad bounce or two.
  2. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 19:31
    Originally posted by sh76
    This is somewhat of a continuation of Thread 130483 wherein I argued that there is little or no home ice advantage in the NHL playoffs, to the disagreement of other posters.

Well, this year, in 25 playoff games so far anyone want to guess the home teams' record?

8-17.

Chew on that for a second.

8-17.

Keep in mind that since most ser ...[text shortened]... 2-1 have been in two very tight games and could easily be down 2-1 with a bad bounce or two.
    I am not sure why they even have a regular season in hockey. It does not really matter whether you have home ice advantage or who you play in the playoffs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree