What does this even mean?!?!

You people are enraging me.
    No, I think darvlay is the Yankees of RHP. 😵
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 02:47
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Hey, Donkey. Your point was never that Columbus was the lesser team. If that had been the point of your post you would have said, "I predict Pittsburgh will beat Columbus in the first round"

No, you said the following after qualifying your statement that you knew nothing and were talking out your ass:

- Pittsburgh are the Yankees of the NHL
    - Colu ...[text shortened]... in real life too? Open your mouth only to say ridiculous things that make you look like a fool?
    So essentially your critique boils down to Pittsburg selling out games. I simply thought that I heard that they did not on TV is all.

As for Pittsburg being the Yankees of the NHL, they always seem to be in the playoffs and as you say, they recently won a Stanley Cup.

However, as I pointed out, I'm not really in to hockey and could really care less. I was just throwing sh a bone by trying to pump some life into this thread, which I seem to have done.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 15:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    So essentially your critique boils down to Pittsburg selling out games. I simply thought that I heard that they did not on TV is all.

As for Pittsburg being the Yankees of the NHL, they always seem to be in the playoffs and as you say, they recently won a Stanley Cup.

However, as I pointed out, I'm not really in to hockey and could really care less. I ...[text shortened]... just throwing sh a bone by trying to pump some life into this thread, which I seem to have done.
    Thank you for the bone, whodey.

Try watching the playoffs. It's really a great show. You can root for your home state Blue Jackets, who are now tied with the Pens at 2-2.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 15:46
    Originally posted by sh76
    Thank you for the bone, whodey.

Try watching the playoffs. It's really a great show. You can root for your home state Blue Jackets, who are now tied with the Pens at 2-2.
    Yeah, whodey.

Columbus could be on the verge of something special. You have one of my favourite players in the NHL on your team, the young Ryan Johansen. Show your boys some support!
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 01:23
    Yeah, whodey.

Columbus could be on the verge of something special. You have one of my favourite players in the NHL on your team, the young Ryan Johansen. Show your boys some support!
    If they do pull off the miracle, then it certainly should help the popularity of the sport in Ohio.

As for myself, I simply don't have the interest even if they do win. What can I say, I'm just not into it.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 May '14 05:06
    My dad was at the game tonight. To bad the Sharks blow a 3-1 series lead to lose game 7 at home 5-1.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    01 May '14 13:36
    Originally posted by whodey
    No, I think darvlay is the Yankees of RHP. 😵
    Question you know how a lot of Europeans call Americans Yankees. What do they call Americans from the south? Do they still call them Yankees?
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    01 May '14 13:524 edits
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    My dad was at the game tonight. To bad the Sharks blow a 3-1 series lead to lose game 7 at home 5-1.
    Am i bad the Kings were down three games none to come back and win four games to three they're the fourth team in NHL history to do that.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jason-Lewis/Kings-Make-History-as-they-Complete-the-3-0-Series-Comeback/179/59787

The Toronto Maple Leafs came back and beat the Detroit Red Wings in the 1942 Stanley Cup final. The New York Islanders, in only their third NHL season, came back against the Pittsburgh Penguins in the quarter-finals in 1975. And in 2010, the Philadelphia Flyers came back from 3-0 in the series as well as 3-0 in Game 7 to take the Eastern Conference semifinal against the Boston Bruins.

TEAMS HAVE TRAILED 3-1 IN A BEST-OF-SEVEN SERIES A TOTAL OF 229 TIMES AND HAVE COME BACK TO WIN THE SERIES ON 20 OCCASIONS OR 8.7% OF THE TIME.

In NBA Playoff History Of Teams Being Down 3-0 And Forcing Game 7 they all lost game 7. Only 3 times.

In baseball I think Boston is the only team to win 4-3 from being down 0-3?
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    01 May '14 14:19
    Jumbo Joe and Pat Marleau prefer golfing to playoff hockey. Always have. Zero leadership on that Sharks team and the coach will likely be gone as a result.
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    01 May '14 15:501 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Question you know how a lot of Europeans call Americans Yankees. What do they call Americans from the south? Do they still call them Yankees?
    Americans from the south still sometimes refer to northeasterners as Yankees. Southerners would probably be quite offended at being called Yankees. It would probably be something akin to calling a Scot an "Englishman."
  11. Joined
    30 Aug '12
    Moves
    01 May '14 17:07
    Jumbo Joe and Pat Marleau prefer golfing to playoff hockey. Always have. Zero leadership on that Sharks team and the coach will likely be gone as a result.
    No doubt the coach will get fired. I think Kings will go deep in playoffs. I wouldnt wanna play them in next round with the type of momentum they have right now.
    Kings - Bruins final with Bruins winning it in 7 is my prediction.
    That guy Iginla deserves the cup so much.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 May '14 12:31
    Ok, sorry about that. Was distracted by the braying donkey masquerading as a human being.

Anyways,

I like Boston to win the East and Chicago to win the West. I agree with you that Pittsburgh remains weak in D and goaltending. They have had to gut out two games now against a lesser Columbus team. A more seasoned team would not let that happen. Bost ...[text shortened]... s capable of doing.

All I care about, since my team is gone, is seeing a Habs-Bruins series
    In only his 4th game in the NHL, John Gibson played his first game in the playoffs last night and got a 28 save shutout. Ducks should ride him the rest of the way if they're smart. He is their future. Let him play.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 02:10
    I'm going for the Kings in 7.
  14. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 23:43
    Originally posted by sh76
    The OT goal wasn't just a softy, it was an embarrassment. I could have stopped that puck and I can barely ice skate. You can't let a 50 foot wrist shot that's 18 inches from the post beat you in a playoff OT.
    Embarrassment or no, the Rangers have some heavy work to do back in NY now.
  15. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 07:11
    Rangers were up 2 games to 0 but are now down 3 games to 0. Interesting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree