1. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    24 Mar '07 21:35
    With the exceptions of Robinson (cos he had nowt to do), Lennon (cos at least he had a go in the first half), and Carragher (cos he'll give 100% even if he plays chess)....

The rest of 'em would never wear the shirt again as far as I'm concerned... bleeding prima donna's.
  2. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 20:40
    Originally posted by blade68
    With the exceptions of Robinson (cos he had nowt to do), Lennon (cos at least he had a go in the first half), and Carragher (cos he'll give 100% even if he plays chess)....

The rest of 'em would never wear the shirt again as far as I'm concerned... bleeding prima donna's.
    Sorry Blade I normally think you talk sense, but you are wrong. Blame the manager, typical hard working british manager with no brain.

This is the normal way England play. In fact probably better. Taylor, Keegan, Revie et al would have be proud of such a display.

No left footed players. Would you pick the rubbish Neville brother AND play him out of position?

The trouble is that you believe the media and expect us to roll over teams like this. Before Sven we always struggled to qualify.

Playing teams that defend needs a different approach. Lennon is good at dribbling, but against a packed defence it is to difficult.

Shoot McClaren, Trouble is the FA would appoint Roeder.
  3. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 21:231 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 11:44
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    Sorry Blade I normally think you talk sense, but you are wrong. Blame the manager, typical hard working british manager with no brain.

This is the normal way England play. In fact probably better. Taylor, Keegan, Revie et al would have be proud of such a display.

No left footed players. Would you pick the rubbish Neville brother AND play him ou ...[text shortened]... a packed defence it is to difficult.

Shoot McClaren, Trouble is the FA would appoint Roeder.
    I agree that McClarens team selection had errors... but at the end of the day it's the players that pull the shirt on.
    They lacked passion and commitment in my opinion.

Where was the pride?
  5. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 12:471 edit
    I agree that McClarens team selection had errors... but at the end of the day it's the players that pull the shirt on.
    They lacked passion and commitment in my opinion.

Where was the pride?
    International football is at best mediocre, it has been that way for some time. You say the players lacked passion but if they got injured some of them would miss out on the run in to the end of the season and whether you are playing for europe or against relegation your employers needs surely come before any 'other games'.

You may have guessed that I am 100% club before country, it wouldn't bother me at all if England didn't qualify, there would be less chance of my teams players getting injured during the tournament.
  6. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 12:50
    Originally posted by cadwah
    International football is at best mediocre, it has been that way for some time. You say the players lacked passion but if they got injured some of them would miss out on the run in to the end of the season and whether you are playing for europe or against relegation your employers needs surely come before any 'other games'.
    If any players genuinely believe that, then they should have the guts to say so and the manager won't need to waste their time picking them. Playing for your country isn't compulsory.

I suspect there are only a few who would think that way, though.
  7. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 14:15
    Was Stevie G all that bad? i only caught the Beeb highlights but the commentator seemed to mention him a lot, winning balls and giving good passes. Gave a peach of a cross to Andy Johnson to put wide and a fantastic ball for Defoe to head in but offside.

I'm seriously lacking interest in England's exploits. Too boring for far too long. I reckon we need Stuart Peace in charge to just shout at them constantly, and to hell with tactics 😵
  8. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 16:081 edit
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Was Stevie G all that bad? i only caught the Beeb highlights but the commentator seemed to mention him a lot, winning balls and giving good passes. Gave a peach of a cross to Andy Johnson to put wide and a fantastic ball for Defoe to head in but offside.

I'm seriously lacking interest in England's exploits. Too boring for far too long. I reckon we need Stuart Peace in charge to just shout at them constantly, and to hell with tactics 😵
    I agree that England need a manager change, I couldn't believe they picked mclaren in the first place, as we have seen he is as tactically inept as sven, England needed something different. If Pearce or Allardyce were in charge would you expect anyone to be coasting and not pulling their weight, I think not.
  9. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 16:40
    England don't need a Manager from club football. They need a coach. It is a completely different setup.

Club:

Day to day management of some goodd, some mediocre players - season long goals.

Game by game management of the cream of the countries players (and their egos) - short term goals.

McClaren was a good coach. I don't think he was a great club manager, he did get 'Boro to a European final though.

On Sat he picked a side on paper that should've beaten most European teams. The fact they weren't interested on the pitch is something he could do very little about - he could only swap 3 at most.

Not fit to wear the shirt is what I think of the players. Where's the pride gone? The baby Bentley garage, that's where.
  10. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 18:30
    The answers to England's problems are simple

Drop Frank Lampard
  11. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 20:02
    Originally posted by Angry Boy

Drop Frank Lampard
    I think you listen to that idiot Alan Green too much.

Frank Lampard is one of the best players in the world. We need to get more players like him not less.

Yet again Rooney gets away with being an idiot. Lampard runs his socks off, tackles creates and comes closer to scoring than Rooney who yet again does nothing apart from a needless booking and swearing continually at the ref.

One thing Steve Mcclueless got right was that Rooney has not played well for three years in an England shirt.
  12. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 20:10
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee

Good point Stevie G was easily our best player yet again.

The last thing we need is a typical English coach to shout at them. It never worked in the past.

Against teams that want a draw, it is very hard. It is about width and good crosses. Lennon was great but NOT leftfooted. Listen to the great managers, the final ball is always THE most important skill that a winger can have. Its why Beckham was better than lennon and Wright philips. Against inferior opposition to only have right footed players is a crime. To play 4 defensive players is stupid. Philip Neville and Carragher are not used to playing any sort of wing back role.
  13. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 21:42
    Originally posted by Angry Boy

Drop Frank Lampard
    Quite funny... 🙂

But I like Mr Lampard, and generally think he does a decent job.
  14. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 21:45
    Originally posted by cadwah

You may have guessed that I am 1 ...[text shortened]... alify, there would be less chance of my teams players getting injured during the tournament.
    Surely the pinnacle of any professional footballers career is to represent their country?

On the club v country issue which you raise - a player can only become better if he plays with better players at a higher level, therefore benefitting your club on his return from international duty?
  15. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 23:34
    Surely the pinnacle of any professional footballers career is to represent their country?

On the club v country issue which you raise - a player can only become better if he plays with better players at a higher level, therefore benefitting your club on his return from international duty?
    Yes, that's true to a degree, but most club managers assess that the risk of a player coming back injured or fatigued far outweighes any benefit they may gain from experience at the highest level.

EG - Papa Bouba Diop for Fulham. He left to play the African Nations cup. Got to the final, came back fatigued. Missed a few games. Went to play a friendly 6 weeks later and injured himself and was out for about 5-6 weeks. All for a stupid friendly.

Having said that, I don't rate him and would rather Coleman played Claus Jensen but that's a-whole-nother story......

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree