1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 21:38
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Really? They started the season #1 and were in the top 10 until a month ago. They have only one loss at home and that was to Oregon, a game they were in until the final minutes.

Granted their defense is rather porous but ND hasn't exactly run up the score against any but the weakest teams on their schedule. I think this will be a tough game for the Irish; I've seen USC beat ND so many times it makes me ill thinking about it.
    True enough....but Notre Dame will be just as inspired and much more talented than
    the UCLA team that beat USC last weekend.

Perhaps if Barkley was still at QB....but not gonna happen without him.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 04:13
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Too bad UT isn't very good this year 🙁

Oh, what strings the mighty Satan of Alabama may pull.

Too bad KState fell to Baylor. They were looking so good!
    KState should never be ranked #1, no matter how good they seem to be.

Just say'in.
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 23:52
    Originally posted by whodey
    KState should never be ranked #1, no matter how good they seem to be.

Just say'in.
    My daughter's high school teacher wore a Baylor t-shirt this past Monday after the upset. By the way, I have spent time in Waco. It is a tale of two cities.

Looks like ND vs. Alabama for the national title game? And with an Alabama win, the SEC will continue the domination.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    22 Nov '12 05:39
    Originally posted by moon1969
    My daughter's high school teacher wore a Baylor t-shirt this past Monday after the upset. By the way, I have spent time in Waco. It is a tale of two cities.

Looks like ND vs. Alabama for the national title game? And with an Alabama win, the SEC will continue the domination.
    Do you think a&m is better than the golden domers? I don't.

Notre Dame can play up. Alabama has already shown they are flawed.
  5. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 16:04
    Much as I hate to say it, USC has everything it needs to beat the Irish: a wide-open offense with speedy receivers, a cocky young QB, and nothing to lose.
    Brian Kelly's challenge is to keep ND focused in the midst of chaos. I'm not looking forward to this one.
  6. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 20:43
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Do you think a&m is better than the golden domers? I don't.

Notre Dame can play up. Alabama has already shown they are flawed.
    Alabama does have to get by Georgia in the SEC Championship Game to get to play ND. I think Alabama will match up nice against ND and will be a good game.

ND has a lot of talent and is well-coached. I think they showed some flaws in their struggle against lowly Pitt but ND knows how to win this season, and they will beat USC by the way.
  7. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 04:11
    Originally posted by John Osmar
    Much as I hate to say it, USC has everything it needs to beat the Irish: a wide-open offense with speedy receivers, a cocky young QB, and nothing to lose.
    Brian Kelly's challenge is to keep ND focused in the midst of chaos. I'm not looking forward to this one.
    USC catch at the 1-yard line with five minutes to go. And ND hasn't been able to punch the ball in. Driving me nuts.
  8. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 04:54
    Ha! 12-0, #1!
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 15:05
    As I predicted, a tough, hardnosed game. The Irish red zone offense was again sensational.

Bring it on, Tide or Bulldogs!
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 16:24
    As I predicted, a tough, hardnosed game. The Irish red zone offense was again sensational.

Bring it on, Tide or Bulldogs!
    With you completely on this one! I'd rather see the dogs to at least have some variety. Alabama's loss against A&M should disqualify them from contention. I certainly don't see what the computers and voters like so much about Gators either! Go Irish against whomever they might go up against!
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 16:471 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    With you completely on this one! I'd rather see the dogs to at least have some variety. Alabama's loss against A&M should disqualify them from contention. I certainly don't see what the computers and voters like so much about Gators either! Go Irish against whomever they might go up against!
    Georgia's loss to South Carolina was far worse than Alabama's to Texas A&M. Given the SEC dominance of the last few years, it's hard to see how their one loss champion could be overlooked in favor of Oregon (the only other team with even an arguable claim to play in the Championship Game), however.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 18:47
    Georgia's loss to South Carolina was far worse than Alabama's to Texas A&M. Given the SEC dominance of the last few years, it's hard to see how their one loss champion could be overlooked in favor of Oregon (the only other team with even an arguable claim to play in the Championship Game), however.
    I disagree only because Bama was a 13.5 fave whereas Georgia did not have such a favorable spread. Moreover, Georgia has surged since whereas Bama almost lost to LSU a week before losing to A&M. As for Duck's loss, that was a really bad loss and only shows what a stout D will do against a blustery team like Oregon. I never thought Oregon was terribly good, but they did manhandle a very good Oregon State.
  13. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 21:25
    No team is without flaws this year. ND's red zone offense gives me hives. But their defense played very well against a preseason #1 ranked of skill set players minus Matt Barkley. That goal line stand was the stuff of legend.
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '12 04:10
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    No team is without flaws this year. ND's red zone offense gives me hives. But their defense played very well against a preseason #1 ranked of skill set players minus Matt Barkley. That goal line stand was the stuff of legend.
    I really hope it results in a ND championship. Other than the SEC newcomer A&M I dislike all the others. Gators get too much love for little accomplished. Bama is spoken of as the 2nd coming. One would think they poop gold! Auburn was lightning in a bottle in a a lifetime! Only Ducks are more detestable!
  15. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    26 Nov '12 14:31
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I really hope it results in a ND championship. Other than the SEC newcomer A&M I dislike all the others. Gators get too much love for little accomplished. Bama is spoken of as the 2nd coming. One would think they poop gold! Auburn was lightning in a bottle in a a lifetime! Only Ducks are more detestable!
    I'd sure love to see the Irish win it all, too, in spite of my earlier, faithless post about their chances vs USC! I don't have any animosity towards the SEC teams, and I hope ND gets to play the best of the bunch. They've had the best teams in the country for 6 years, so they are the benchmark. I'll bet you there is more that one Ohio St. fan glad they don't have to play AL, FL, or GA this year. Oregon, though, will probably jump at the chance to play FL or GA in the Sugar Bowl. The coolest thing about college football is that there are so many different styles of play, unlike the NFL, and it's always entertaining when one style clashes with another.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree