11 May '08 21:09
    HE IS SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!

HE WON ROME TODAY!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! 🙂
  2. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    14 May '08 00:31
    I would say he's the real #2 player now.
  3. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    22 May '08 10:45
    Federer is obviously number 1. Nadal is the best on clay.

However, both Federer and Djokovic have got more all round ability and would probably start favourite against Nadal on any hard court surface. They both have a plan B should they get into trouble whereas Nadal doesn't change his game up.

So yes, Djokovic is probably the real number 2 and expect him to reach that position after the clay and grass court seasons.
  4. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    22 May '08 12:47
    Federer is having a weird season this year so far,He struggling and Novak at the moment is number 1 player to beat.But i think in the french open i fancy Federer to win as nadal is also struggling at moment.Federer and Djokovic final 🙂......

And then the grass Champs Federer to win as he is god at Wimbledon.
  5. England
    Moves
    22 May '08 21:281 edit
    Nadal could well have beaten Federer at Wimbledon last year and don't forget the scheduling was very much against him the days preceding the final. I fancy a new Wimbledon champion this year of either him or Djokovic.
    Nadal will take the French, he put Federer and Djokovic in their place at the masters series in Hamburg last week.
  6. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    23 May '08 00:081 edit
    I wouldn't say Nadal put Federer in his place exactly, it was a close 3 set final at Hamburg. I would say Nadal wins the French (Roger and Novak have an equal shot behind Nadal), and Federer or maybe Roddick at Wimbledon.
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    23 May '08 03:44
    Originally posted by RandyFlagg
    I wouldn't say Nadal put Federer in his place exactly, it was a close 3 set final at Hamburg. I would say Nadal wins the French (Roger and Novak have an equal shot behind Nadal), and Federer or maybe Roddick at Wimbledon.
    Roddick at Wimbledon? Why do you think that?
  8. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    23 May '08 04:07
    Well aside from an injury right now he's having a good year, he has already defeated Nadal, Djokovic and Federer this year and as far as titles and match wins he's among the top. He has shown that he is effective on grass by making two Wimbledon finals and I don't know that Nadal or Djokovic can handle his serve on grass(obviously Federer can). I'm not neccisarily picking him but i think his chances are good and maybe better than Nadal or Djokovic.
  9. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    23 May '08 09:09
    Originally posted by Smiffy
    Federer is having a weird season this year so far,He struggling and Novak at the moment is number 1 player to beat.But i think in the french open i fancy Federer to win as nadal is also struggling at moment.Federer and Djokovic final 🙂......

And then the grass Champs Federer to win as he is god at Wimbledon.
    Nadal struggling? I do not think so!

He's had 1 loss on the clay (much of that due to injury) this season and won the other tournaments and now he's struggling? How do you work that out?

If you could, please explain that to me?

Nadal is the one to beat at the French Open but Federer, obviously, is going to be very tough to beat.. along with Djokovic.
  10. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    23 May '08 11:10
    I am sorry i didnt think he had won any tournaments until last week.! i know nadal is favourite on clay and i agree with that but just thought his form was dodgy until last week he won hamburg and showed everyone hes the clay master 🙂....
  11. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 May '08 13:20
    I think Federer needs to take a break and work on his game as its just not going for him at the minute.

Nadal may be struggling but he's still the best in the world on clay (he's not bad on grass either).

Djokovic is good but Nadal is still better and i would back him 99 times out of 100 to beat Djokovic on any surface. Djokovic is still young though and if he keeps getting better he'll be no.1 in two years.
  12. Montreal, Canada
    Moves
    04 Jun '08 04:56
    I'm hearing too much about Djokovic lately. Just wanted to let you guys know that Novie's going to get his clock cleaned on Thursday by Clay Monster Rafa.
  13. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 00:55
    Yea, he's gonna get drubbed. Nadal is just playing way too well.
  14. Montreal, Canada
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 01:42
    And turns out it's Friday not Thursday. Oh well, delaying the inevitable.
  15. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 16:12
    Nadal ia the new Borg on clay. I think this year he will succeed on the grass too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree