1. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    27860
    22 Feb '08 21:50
    Oh, wait. The site wasn't down that long. Sorry.
  2. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Joined
    07 Nov '07
    Moves
    2320
    22 Feb '08 22:10
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Oh, wait. The site wasn't down that long. Sorry.
    Now that was funny!

    Dave
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    21 Jul '04
    Moves
    30690
    22 Feb '08 22:37
    I agree that was very funny!
  4. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    23 Feb '08 15:15
    who are the cubs?😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵
  5. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Joined
    07 Nov '07
    Moves
    2320
    23 Feb '08 17:04
    Originally posted by spurs73
    who are the cubs?😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵
    Losers

    Dave
  6. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    27860
    23 Feb '08 17:41
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    Losers

    Dave
    :'(
  7. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Joined
    07 Nov '07
    Moves
    2320
    23 Feb '08 19:42
    I am sorry Pawn...I wish they finally would win one...my bud vacostner is a HUGE Cubs fan...and he always says the same line they all do

    "Just wait till next year"

    I wish they had let Mark Cuban buy em...he might have done the right changes to get them a championship

    Dave
  8. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    27860
    23 Feb '08 20:16
    I wish there were some way to inject them with a sort of "culture of winning." There's no sense of "We're the Cubs and we kick butt!" (OK, some people are probably peeing themselves from laughing at that one too hard.)
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66504
    23 Feb '08 20:42
    *fantastic Harry Caray impersonation*

    HOLY COW!! The Cubs won?? The Cubs won?? 😉
  10. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    27860
    24 Feb '08 02:04
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    *fantastic Harry Caray impersonation*

    HOLY COW!! The Cubs won?? The Cubs won?? 😉
    😀

    I get to see them play on Good Friday. I can't wait!!
  11. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Joined
    07 Nov '07
    Moves
    2320
    24 Feb '08 02:15
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    😀

    I get to see them play on Good Friday. I can't wait!!
    I have a sad suspicion...it won't be "good"

    Dave
  12. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    27860
    24 Feb '08 03:24
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    I have a sad suspicion...it won't be "good"

    Dave
    When I'd go to games with my brother, he'd remind me that we were going to see the Cubs play. We weren't going to see the Cubs win.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66504
    24 Feb '08 07:02
    I got to know Mr. Cub, Ernie Banks through a mutual friend. What a class guy, totally down to earth and such a great ambassador of the game. I know he would dearly love to see the Cubbies win it one time before he leaves this earth, but it probably won't happen. :'(
  14. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Joined
    07 Nov '07
    Moves
    2320
    24 Feb '08 07:22
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I got to know Mr. Cub, Ernie Banks through a mutual friend. What a class guy, totally down to earth and such a great ambassador of the game. I know he would dearly love to see the Cubbies win it one time before he leaves this earth, but it probably won't happen. :'(
    Haven't got to meet him...but did meet Ryne Sandberg...always wanted to meet my buddy vacostner's hero Andre Dawson...hopefully one day I will.

    I have heard Ernie is a great and humble guy...lord knows what he is thinking about what the game has become today

    Dave
  15. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    36847
    25 Feb '08 14:36
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    I am sorry Pawn...I wish they finally would win one...my bud vacostner is a HUGE Cubs fan...and he always says the same line they all do

    "Just wait till next year"

    I wish they had let Mark Cuban buy em...he might have done the right changes to get them a championship

    Dave
    I must have been alseep, when did the strike end? 😛 If the Cubs ever win one I'll rejoice, but baseball has left a bad taste in my mouth with the strike and now the steroid scandal.

    Dave, I have to take offense to your statement, "Wait til next year" is the South Carolina Gamecocks motto. Cubs fans are more like "What could possibly happen to us this time around?" Does anyone happen to have Bartman's address, I'd like to pay him a visit. 😉
Back to Top