1. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 01:43
    But the Giants played on. Double standard?
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 02:19
    Originally posted by mudpie
    Perhaps I'm misunderstanding here but the NYC Marathon surely couldn't take place given the 26mile route was just too widely affected by the elements. The clean up operation would be immense in comparison to a relatively small enclosed stadium..I'd have thought it would be more difficult for the fans to travel there more than anything else..but surely it's a decision based more upon the actual economics...the NYC Marathon is watched worldwide but is still very minority..whereas the American football is watched by more people but solely in the States, with some small audience considerations in say Europe etc ? Their decision to play is probably 'aided' by a sponsor 'requirement', one that goes hand in hand with the N. American television audience ?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 02:48
    The Giants compromised; their offense hardly played at all (only 182 yards total offense).

A rough day for all those posters who declared back in February that Eli was a far superior QB to Big Ben.
  4. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 11:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Giants compromised; their offense hardly played at all (only 182 yards total offense).

A rough day for all those posters who declared back in February that Eli was a far superior QB to Big Ben.
    LOL. The score was closer than it should have been, Big Ben clearly had ball control on the forward incomplete pass ruled a fumble.
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 15:59
    The NY Giants home field is in New Jersey not New York.
  6. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 17:10
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    The NY Giants home field is in New Jersey not New York.
    Yeah, I know.
  7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 17:40
    Yeah, I know.
    Sooooo....decisions made by the mayor in NYC have no bearing on what goes on in East Rutherford, NJ.
    Hence no "double standard".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree