1. 6yd box
    Moves
    07 Jun '08 06:02
    Its 7.00am in London and i am already up....as Sky Sports are showing this game live in one hours time. I cant wait.

Not seen the All Blacks since the WC, and i hear they have a new look line up.
  2. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    07 Jun '08 11:41
    Originally posted by spurs73
    Its 7.00am in London and i am already up....as Sky Sports are showing this game live in one hours time. I cant wait.

Not seen the All Blacks since the WC, and i hear they have a new look line up.
    Enjoy the game - atrocious conditions so expect both teams to keep it tight.
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    07 Jun '08 14:101 edit
    Originally posted by treetalk
    Enjoy the game - atrocious conditions so expect both teams to keep it tight.
    great 1st half by the Irish , but in the end the All Balcks were just to strong.

Watching South Africa play wales now....bit one sided!
  4. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    07 Jun '08 21:27
    Freezing cold driving rain with a strong enough Cook Straight wind to make it a game of two halves. Ireland had the breeze and banged it down in the first, tackled well enough and strung together a few rollicking moves. We didn't see much from the Irish Backs.. not sure if the centres got a touch in the game.

The ABs under immense critical pressure at home were inspired by Ritchie McCaw at his best. His first hit was a stunner flattening O'Gara and his second saw the biggest man on the field turned round and dumped...top display from him.

Amazing how in such conditions we didn't see the stupid knock-ons and dropped balls at all that plagued the wc, even through Conrad Smith's super penetrating run.

Both captains said it was the coldest conditions they ever played in... but even Henry hating old farts like myself have to applaud the play last night.

Well done to the new ab line up and congratulations Ireland that game was a beaut.
  5. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    07 Jun '08 23:48
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    Freezing cold driving rain with a strong enough Cook Straight wind to make it a game of two halves. Ireland had the breeze and banged it down in the first, tackled well enough and strung together a few rollicking moves. We didn't see much from the Irish Backs.. not sure if the centres got a touch in the game.

The ABs under immense critical pressure a ...[text shortened]... night.

Well done to the new ab line up and congratulations Ireland that game was a beaut.
    I think midway through the second half the ABs had 3 handling errors to Ireland's 2 - amazing considering the conditions.
  6. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 03:33
    Originally posted by treetalk
    I think midway through the second half the ABs had 3 handling errors to Ireland's 2 - amazing considering the conditions.
    Last year it was 3 handling errors a minute. Maybe the loss of public support and loss of players overseas and the imminent loss of sponsorship deals has threatened them into lifting the effort.

Did you notice the ground was only 3/4 full? a first for a NZ test match and very much because the public want Henry to resign.

Henry has the best winning record since Fred Allen but his putting all his eggs in the wc basket last year didn't work.. they broke and left him with egg on his face which will stink for years.

Anyway good luck against the Aussies Ireland.. at least you'll be warmer over there.
  7. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 08:08
    Did anyone see O'Driscalls interview after the game? He looked he had Hypothermia or something!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree