1. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 11:37
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Is having separate toilets sexist?

Sexism is about believing one sex is inherently inferior to the other. Having separate tournaments doesn't imply that. There is nothing in-built in the rules or organization that makes it intrinsically sexist.
    Why are women not permitted to play professional football along side men, Fifa don't allow it (1). In the English premier league the average wage is £1.1 million per season, (2) i can't find a source on how much the Women's league pays but i doubt it's even 10% of the men's, thing is there are women out there that are just as good at football as men and should be allowed to play top flight football, seems to me like a restricted job opportunity which is in fact sexism.

(1) http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/4110845.stm
    (2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League#Wages_and_transfer_records
  2. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 12:18
    Originally posted by leestatic
    Why are women not permitted to play professional football along side men, Fifa don't allow it (1). In the English premier league the average wage is £1.1 million per season, (2) i can't find a source on how much the Women's league pays but i doubt it's even 10% of the men's, thing is there are women out there that are just as good at football as men and sh ...[text shortened]... int/4110845.stm
    they may be a few woman who are as good(if not better) than men at football. but if this door is opened would all sports follow, imagine the olympic games, how many women would make the 100 metres final? or any final?, its a fact that men are stronger and faster not sexism. andy gray deserved the sack that was out of order what he said. everyone goes on about the vast wages football players get what abot the lower leagues £20 or £30 a game. at least chess is a level playing field for all sexes creeds or colours apart from engine users.
  3. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 19:49
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Oh dear
    I dont like to say it , but a cocktail of Americans and woman involved in our football is a disaster waiting to happen .
    I think you will be saying "oh dear "quite a lot if this is the future of football !!!!!
  4. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 11:281 edit
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I dont like to say it , but a cocktail of Americans and woman involved in our football is a disaster waiting to happen .
    I think you will be saying "oh dear "quite a lot if this is the future of football !!!!!

Christ!

My experience of Americans in Football as a Liverpool supporter is obviously not good, and the Glazers are playing a very dangerous game at ManU for sure. But now we're going to tar all Americans (Randy Lerner?) with the same brush are we? You daft racist.

As for your comments on women, it simply shows you for the Life On Mars throwback that you are.

There's a lot wrong with the game and knuckle dragging fans like you are part of it.
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 13:42
    [b]I dont like to say it , but a cocktail of Americans and woman involved in our football is a disaster waiting to happen .

Christ!

My experience of Americans in Football as a Liverpool supporter is obviously not good, ...[text shortened]... are.

There's a lot wrong with the game and knuckle dragging fans like you are part of it.[/b]
    Boo Hoo .
    I didn't brand all americans ,why would i brand all americans ?,most of them don't even like football or even know the correct name for it !!
    Using the word "racist , Knuckle dragging ". What an odious ,reactionary idiot you are , i can see why you have called your self "angry boy " boy !!!
  6. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 00:07
    Originally posted by roma45
    they may be a few woman who are as good(if not better) than men at football. but if this door is opened would all sports follow, imagine the olympic games, how many women would make the 100 metres final? or any final?, its a fact that men are stronger and faster not sexism. andy gray deserved the sack that was out of order what he said. everyone goes on about ...[text shortened]... at least chess is a level playing field for all sexes creeds or colours apart from engine users.
    In the Olympics a gold medal for a male or female final is exactly the same and so is the recognition.

Tell her that men are stronger http://tinyurl.com/nbrpvz she'd probably play you like an accordion. 😉
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 01:53
    Why are women not permitted to play professional football along side men, Fifa don't allow it (1). In the English premier league the average wage is £1.1 million per season, (2) i can't find a source on how much the Women's league pays but i doubt it's even 10% of the men's, thing is there are women out there that are just as good at football as men and sh ...[text shortened]... int/4110845.stm
    Are are not men allowed to play alongside women? There are also a lot of men who would play in many women teams. The rules are the same for both sexes, there is no discrimination.

The wages of the male football players are higher because it generates a lot more revenue. If the women's league had the same level and different pay then you could talk about sexism. As it is, different markets, different pay.

All this shows is that you don't have a clue about what sexism actually is.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 01:55
    In the Olympics a gold medal for a male or female final is exactly the same and so is the recognition.

Tell her that men are stronger http://tinyurl.com/nbrpvz she'd probably play you like an accordion. 😉
    Ah, so you agree with separate gold medals for male and female but separating football leagues in male and female is job restriction.

So much for consistency.
  9. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 02:37
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Are are not men allowed to play alongside women? There are also a lot of men who would play in many women teams. The rules are the same for both sexes, there is no discrimination.

The wages of the male football players are higher because it generates a lot more revenue. If the women's league had the same level and different pay then you could talk about s ...[text shortened]... different pay.

All this shows is that you don't have a clue about what sexism actually is.
    Are are not men allowed to play alongside women For the second time no they are not, Fifa rules don't allow it.

Sexism
    attitudes or behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles.
    discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex, as in restricted job opportunities; esp., such discrimination directed against women.

The fact that Fifa give no reason why woman may not play along side men other than the fact they are women is sexist, so please explain what you believe sexism is????
  10. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 10:27
    [b]Are are not men allowed to play alongside women For the second time no they are not, Fifa rules don't allow it.

Sexism
    discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex, as in restricted job opportunities; esp., such discrimination directed against women.

Th ...[text shortened]... other than the fact they are women is sexist, so please explain what you believe sexism is????[/b]
    tThe simple fact is ,they (Women) ,are not physically strong enough to play against men . The injury rate for women would be through the roof !!!
    If you want women to play alongside men in football ,what about boxing ,cricket ,rugby ? Where will it end ,after women have brocken legs ,died on the rugby field ? is that what you want ?
    In this instance F.i.f.a have it right !!
  11. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 10:47

the point is they DONT race against each other if they did how many women would make the 100m final if it was open to everybody? women CANT compete against men at sport sad but TRUE.
  12. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 15:16
    Boo Hoo .
    I didn't brand all americans ,why would i brand all americans ?,most of them don't even like football or even know the correct name for it !!
    Using the word "racist , Knuckle dragging ". What an odious ,reactionary idiot you are , i can see why you have called your self "angry boy " boy !!!
    You said "Americans" no specification on what type. Americans implies that you consider them all the same.

I've had the misfortune of reading your posts for a while now. You are a knuckle dragging Life On Mars type sexist with racist undertones - that's not reactionary, that's evident in your posting.
  13. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 15:48
    tThe simple fact is ,they (Women) ,are not physically strong enough to play against men . The injury rate for women would be through the roof !!!
    If you want women to play alongside men in football ,what about boxing ,cricket ,rugby ? Where will it end ,after women have brocken legs ,died on the rugby field ? is that what you want ?
    In this instance F.i.f.a have it right !!
    I'm only referring to football not rugby or boxing, women have proven that they can play just as good as men at the game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/4110845.stm
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 17:44
    [b]Are are not men allowed to play alongside women For the second time no they are not, Fifa rules don't allow it.

Sexism

Th ...[text shortened]... other than the fact they are women is sexist, so please explain what you believe sexism is????[/b]
    FIFA also rules that men are not allowed to play in women's clubs. So there is equal treatment. You gave the positive example of women's gold medals but fail to realize that without separate medals for men and women, very few women would ever win gold (just look at performance numbers of male and female champions).

So it's completely inconsistent to talk about separate gold medals for men and women as being a good example and talk about separate male and female football tournaments as being sexist.
  15. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 19:14
    You said "Americans" no specification on what type. Americans implies that you consider them all the same.

I've had the misfortune of reading your posts for a while now. You are a knuckle dragging Life On Mars type sexist with racist undertones - that's not reactionary, that's evident in your posting.
    Sad man or sad boy !!!
    In future ,don't have the misfortune to read my posts and read some body else's !
    I dont think that is to hard for you ?
    I would hardly say not wanting Americans in football is racist ,maybe to a wishy washy pc nerd like you that can dig out a "cover all " silly little insult !
    i bet that's your favourite little word that you like to hide behind ! Boy !!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree