1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 16:50
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    I'm not sure you are fair to the better conference schools. For Boise State you are not bothered by their schedule you just note that they won their games. For Wisconsin, you rightfully point out that their
    out of conference schedule stinks. And that is why they are ranked considerably below 1 loss teams in major conferences with tough out of co ...[text shortened]... to like Rutgers and teh Big East would you consider that a decent win for a poor Big Ten team?
    Whatever; Boise State remains the only other Division I unbeaten team and is playing in a BCS bowl anyway. Why not pair them with OSU (if they beat Nevada)? Are you ever going to answer that simple question?

I didn't go down as far as Michigan state's schedule in the Big Ten, so I missed the Pitt win. Pitt is 6-5 but only 2-4 in the Big East. Is that win any more quality than Cincinnati beating Indiana on the road?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 19:26
    I would not pair Boise State with Ohio State because there is no reason to believe they are that good and if I had to pick a team that if they beat Ohio State would be "national championship" I want to feel good about their accomplishments for the whole season. Although Boise State beat everyone on their schedule they really did not beat anyone impressive. In fact I believe they have no wins over Top 25 teams. Giving Boise state a slot in the national championship would encourage weaker schedules, it would encourage weaker conferences, it would devalue winning the SEC or PAC 10, decrease the number of games between major powers in different conferences and if Ohio State blew them out it would make people wonder how they would have done against a team that would be traditionally considered the second best team.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 19:331 edit
    I would not pair Boise State with Ohio State because there is no reason to believe they are that good and if I had to pick a team that if they beat Ohio State would be "national championship" I want to feel good about their accomplishments for the whole season. Although Boise State beat everyone on their schedule they really did not beat anyone im ...[text shortened]... ey would have done against a team that would be traditionally considered the second best team.
    I suppose you don't think the mid level conferences should compete in March Madness either. What's the sense of making any team BCS eligible if the only ones who get in the national championship game are from the so-called "power conferences" (though why the Big Ten qualifies as more of one of those than say the Big East this year is beyond me).

It's pretty ridiculous to say that you want to feel good about a team's accomplishments but you regard the fact that they've won every one of their games as unimportant. If Boise State smacks around Texas or some other BCS team, people will wonder what might have happened if they had played for the championship, so your "argument" is double edged.
  4. over there
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 19:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    [b]No, I wasn't joking. OSU has already beaten Michigan; what is the sense of them playing AGAIN in a month and a half? Does the regular season matter at all?
    Because Michigan will murder Cal in the Rose Bowl and OSU will blowout USC.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 21:05
    I think it is easier to argue Boise State should not be a top 8 then that they should be the number 2 team. In fact, I cannot even think of a scenario where people would push hard for them to be number two. I cannot imagine Boise State blowing out anyone, but if they did I would say join a real conference or schedule tougher teams out of conference.
    The Big Ten is not top to bottom like the SEC. But Michigan, Ohio State and Wisconsin are all Top 10 teams, sure doesn't sound like the big east or the WAC to me.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 21:143 edits
    I think it is easier to argue Boise State should not be a top 8 then that they should be the number 2 team. In fact, I cannot even think of a scenario where people would push hard for them to be number two. I cannot imagine Boise State blowing out anyone, but if they did I would say join a real conference or schedule tougher teams out of confer ...[text shortened]... tate and Wisconsin are all Top 10 teams, sure doesn't sound like the big east or the WAC to me.
    It's a waste of time talking to you; all you do assert something with no proof. Boise State played one team from a power conference and destroyed them. And that team upset the no3 team in the country! But still you keep talking about how weak Boise State is! You have the idea in your pea brain and that's that.

EDIT: Oregon State is 7-4 with two games remaining. In case you forgot:

Boise State 42 Oregon State 14

EDIT2: Here's a scenario: USC wins out. Who deserves the shot against OSU; USC which lost to Oregon state or Boise State which is undefeated and crushed them?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 21:38
    If USC wins out they deserve a shot not Boise State. They will have beaten Notre Dame and Cal and Arkansas by 36 points. There are factors other than record and common opponent.
    I am pea brain just like the voters who won't pick Boise State #2, or the computers who won't pick Boise State #2.

P.S. There really is no reason to be obnoxious about it, either.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 05:18
    It's a waste of time talking to you; all you do assert something with no proof. Boise State played one team from a power conference and destroyed them. And that team upset the no3 team in the country! But still you keep talking about how weak Boise State is! You have the idea in your pea brain and that's that.

EDIT: Oregon State is 7-4 with two games ...[text shortened]... inst OSU; USC which lost to Oregon state or Boise State which is undefeated and crushed them?
    Making more friends no1?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 06:00
    Originally posted by whodey
    Making more friends no1?
    Stealing Ivanhoe's lines, whodey?
  10. over there
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 12:10
    If USC wins out they deserve a shot not Boise State. They will have beaten Notre Dame and Cal and Arkansas by 36 points. There are factors other than record and common opponent.
    I am pea brain just like the voters who won't pick Boise State #2, or the computers who won't pick Boise State #2.

P.S. There really is no reason to be obnoxious about it, either.
    Yea but Boise State isn't in a "BCS" conference. Besides, they hardly play anyone good anyway. There really isn't anyone out west that can give them a good game.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 13:47
    Stealing Ivanhoe's lines, whodey?
    How do you know I stole his line? Perhaps he stole my line. Ever think about that?
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 16:43
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    Yea but Boise State isn't in a "BCS" conference. Besides, they hardly play anyone good anyway. There really isn't anyone out west that can give them a good game.
    They're not in an automatic bid BCS conference but they'll be in a BCS bowl if they beat Nevada. Why not have the two unbeatens in the BCS bowls play? Esp. since OSU is sooooooooooooooo great they're just gonna slaughter USC (assuming they run out) anyway in your view.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 16:441 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    How do you know I stole his line? Perhaps he stole my line. Ever think about that?
    No. I hate it when Christians lie; it's so un-Jesus like.

Try staying on-topic rather than keeping up the personal BS.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 18:55
    No. I hate it when Christians lie; it's so un-Jesus like.

Try staying on-topic rather than keeping up the personal BS.
    I did not lie. I simply asked a question. You know it would be nice to be able to talk about the topic at hand and not get wrapped up in all the personal BS but it is impossible when you are continuously spewing BS by insulting me and others on this sight with whom you disagree. What's wrong with you, were you beat as a child?
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 18:58

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree