03 Dec '06 01:38
    It has to be.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 03:11
    Originally posted by Red Night
    It has to be.
    No it does not. Florida won today and won the SEC. That team up north, however, did not win the Big Ten and both have the same record. Also consider the fact that Florida appears to have had a harder schedule than that team up north.

Having said that I will conceede that Florida is not as good as that team up north, however, that is my opinion and my opinion only. If you recall, OSU's championship season in 2002 were a string of very ugly wins as well. Many did not afford them the respect that they obviously deserved as well. I say Florida deserves the same shot. After all, that team up north got their shot did they not? No two teams should EVER have to play twice in the same season. Every game during the regular season should remain sudden death. It makes the regular season much more exciting.
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 03:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    No it does not. Florida won today and won the SEC. That team up north, however, did not win the Big Ten and both have the same record. Also consider the fact that Florida appears to have had a harder schedule than that team up north.

Having said that I will conceede that Florida is not as good as that team up north, however, that is my opinion and my op ...[text shortened]... the regular season should remain sudden death. It makes the regular season much more exciting.
    Florida has a good shot to get into the title game. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

In my opinion, Michigan deserves it more.
  5. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 04:12
    Originally posted by whodey

Having said that I will conceede that Florida is not as good as that team up north, however, that is my opinion and my op ...[text shortened]... the regular season should remain sudden death. It makes the regular season much more exciting.
    I love the way you say the team up north love it lol
  6. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 04:14
    Red are you from OHIO if you are you are part of our Buckeye Nation
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 05:051 edit
    Originally posted by richfeet
    I love the way you say the team up north love it lol
    Indeed. It is all I can do to muster the will to say "team up north". It gives me the willies.
  8. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 05:49
    Red are you from OHIO if you are you are part of our Buckeye Nation
    No, I'm not from Ohio.

I live in Florida now, not that far from Gainesville. But, I've been a Michigan fan for longer than that.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 05:50
    Of course, Boise State should get the shot. But that's not going to happen.🙁

Florida played the toughest schedule in the nation with 10 games against bowl eligible teams. They won probably the toughest conference. I assume all those on this forum who said that Boise doesn't deserve a shot because of its strength of schedule, will agree that Florida deserves to be in the Championship game rather than Michigan.
  10. over there
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 12:05
    MICHIGAN FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
    HELL YES!
  11. over there
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 12:08
    Originally posted by no1marauder

Florida played the toughest schedule in the nation with 10 games against bowl eligible teams. They won probably the toughest conference. I assume all those on this forum who said that Boise doesn't deserve a shot because of its strength of schedule, will agree that Florida deserves to be in the Championship game rather than Michigan.
    A lot of the Big Ten teams are tougher than you think. Look at Wisconsin! Iowa and Penn State weren't bad either, but they just kinda fell apart. Michigan also had to play Notre Dame when they were #2. So Michigan has played #1, #2, and #7.
  12. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 18:25
    MICHIGAN FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
    I expect will be Florida vs OSU for one very good reason: If UofM and OSU play again and UofM wins, then what? At that point they each have one loss and have beaten each other once. That would logically indicate a third OSU vs UofM game as a tie breaker for the National Championship. And a third matchup isn't in the cards.
  13. over there
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 18:35
    Originally posted by Delmer
    I expect will be Florida vs OSU for one very good reason: If UofM and OSU play again and UofM wins, then what? At that point they each have one loss and have beaten each other once. That would logically indicate a third OSU vs UofM game as a tie breaker for the National Championship. And a third matchup isn't in the cards.
    So? Florida will get killed! I want to watch a good game not some one-sided blowout!
  14. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 18:36
    Originally posted by no1marauder

Boise State????
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 05:072 edits
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    A lot of the Big Ten teams are tougher than you think. Look at Wisconsin! Iowa and Penn State weren't bad either, but they just kinda fell apart. Michigan also had to play Notre Dame when they were #2. So Michigan has played #1, #2, and #7.
    HAHA!

Wisconsin was and is a complete fraud with a total joke of a non-conference schedule. The Big Ten didn't have a single quality win against a non-conference foe except for OSU's win against Texas (which didn't even reach the Big 12 Championship game) and Michigan's win over Notre Dame (which should NEVER have been #2). The Big Ten stinks and I expect them to lose most of their bowl games, including your funny helmeted heros who will get busted up by USC.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree