1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 17:25
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    How about 1980??? The Miracle on Ice?? Jim Craig, Mike Eurizione, Herb Brooks...ring a bell?

Or were you commenting on a Canada vs USA bracket game schedule?
    http://proicehockey.about.com/cs/history/a/miracle_on_ice.htm
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '10 04:11
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    http://proicehockey.about.com/cs/history/a/miracle_on_ice.htm
    Man, that was some dominating performance by Canada against Russia. I don't see anyone stopping them now. It would be cool if Canada and USA met again in the gold medal match! However, if they do I don't see a repeat of Sunday!
  3. Joined
    12 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '10 06:51
    and are you a yank? i think it would be a great finale and i expect the two teams to make it to the finals. they're the 2 best remaining. your great goaltending vs. canadian offence solid defence and our good goalies. gl
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '10 12:59
    Originally posted by dtwilson
    and are you a yank? i think it would be a great finale and i expect the two teams to make it to the finals. they're the 2 best remaining. your great goaltending vs. canadian offence solid defence and our good goalies. gl
    I am a Yank, but gotta give credit where credit is due. That total destruction of Russia was indeed impressive! It would be a great finale and likely watched in all of North America!
  5. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 22:52
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    What a game! Kudos to Ryan Miller.

Beating Canada on their own ice is no small feat.
    Lets see you quote this on Sunday.

We were crap against the USA in the round robin as Luongo wasnt in goal.

Im sure you have figured out who I will be shouting for on Sunday (as well as tonight)

😉
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 23:10
    Originally posted by rmacken
    Lets see you quote this on Sunday.

We were crap against the USA in the round robin as Luongo wasnt in goal.

Im sure you have figured out who I will be shouting for on Sunday (as well as tonight)

😉
    Last laugh, my friend. Canada has not yet advanced so don't count your chickens before they've hatched! USA destroyed Finland 6-1 and has already beat Canada once. If Canada advances pressure's on Canada! A silver for USA is already overachieving so they will play loose and free!
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 03:231 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Last laugh, my friend. Canada has not yet advanced so don't count your chickens before they've hatched! USA destroyed Finland 6-1 and has already beat Canada once. If Canada advances pressure's on Canada! A silver for USA is already overachieving so they will play loose and free!
    Don't kid yourself, U.S. were playing loosey goosey, pretending to be underdogs.

The pressure will be on them come Sunday no matter who they play! They want Gold not Silver.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 04:01
    Did you watch the game?

Finland beat themselves! They should have pulled Mr. play me or I am not coming to play, after the 2nd goal!
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 14:33
    Did you watch the game?

Finland beat themselves! They should have pulled Mr. play me or I am not coming to play, after the 2nd goal!
    Listen, you and I have talked hockey in the past and you well know that I hardly see the puck, let alone understand strategy. The olympics have got me watching hockey and enjoying it. One baby step at a time! However, USA is indeed the clear underdog. Whether they've exploited that was determined by good psychological embracing of said underdog role. USA is indeed no slouch being nothing but pro players and all, but Canada is indeed stronger and USA will stick to the underdog role it has exploited so well! Finland got soundly spanked. USA had nothing to do with their specific strategy. I don't think USA deserves to have anything taken away from a big win. Pressure's on Canada! USA will look at that Slovakia game film carefully. Canada squeaked through and simply outlasted Slovakia!
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 18:363 edits
    Listen, you and I have talked hockey in the past and you well know that I hardly see the puck, let alone understand strategy. The olympics have got me watching hockey and enjoying it. One baby step at a time! However, USA is indeed the clear underdog. Whether they've exploited that was determined by good psychological embracing of said underdog role. US at that Slovakia game film carefully. Canada squeaked through and simply outlasted Slovakia!
    You admit you don't know or understand the strategy but yet say the USA is clearly the underdog going into a game for the gold medal. How could this be that an underdog has made it to the gold medal? Just by luck? No, the answer my friend is written the players who are playing for the U.S. Hockey Olympic team.

The American Coach and Burkie did a good job in getting the media to buy that the U.S. were underdogs. This just was not the case from the very beginning. I don't know how YOU can't see this even not knowing the game & strategy that well.

The U.S. will not learn anything from the Slovakia game, as clogging up the neutral zone didn't work for them, and will not work for the U.S. They just want to make sure they don't get out shot 2-1 again! (Unless Miller can stand on his head again) 😉

In the Slovakia vs. Canada game it was all over till a lucky goal got in. This gave the Slovaks some courage and hope. Made for an interesting finish, but best they could have done is drove it to O.T. game would only have been tied lets remember.

The U.S. got very lucky with Finland, that would never happen two games in a row. They should have pulled their goalie after the 2nd goal, if not then 3rd for sure, that is just bad Coaching!!
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 22:05
    You admit you don't know or understand the strategy but yet say the USA is clearly the underdog going into a game for the gold medal. How could this be that an underdog has made it to the gold medal? Just by luck? No, the answer my friend is written the players who are playing for the U.S. Hockey Olympic team.

The American Coach and Burkie did a good ...[text shortened]... lled their goalie after the 2nd goal, if not then 3rd for sure, that is just bad Coaching!!
    Pressure's on Canada, I'm telling you. Don't have to know or understand the game well to see that a team who won by outlasting an opponent and got lucky in it not being tied at the end up against a team that destroyed Finland had got to be questioning their play. Only human. Even though I believe Canada is the stronger team pressure can eat away at you. Even the best teams fold under the pressure. If USA scores first and Miller stands on his head I say it's bye-bye Canucks! I firmly belive that any team going up against the home ice advantage has to be considered the underdog!
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 22:53
    Pressure's on Canada, I'm telling you. Don't have to know or understand the game well to see that a team who won by outlasting an opponent and got lucky in it not being tied at the end up against a team that destroyed Finland had got to be questioning their play. Only human. Even though I believe Canada is the stronger team pressure can eat away at you. ...[text shortened]... ive that any team going up against the home ice advantage has to be considered the underdog!
    LOL...I suppose nothing I say will change your tunnel vision or mind!

Keep a crying towel handy, you may be needing it, my Friend to the South! 😉
  13. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 18:11
    GO CANADA!!
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 18:39
    LOL...I suppose nothing I say will change your tunnel vision or mind!

Keep a crying towel handy, you may be needing it, my Friend to the South! 😉
    You don't get it, do you? If USA loses no skin off USA's noses. There'l be no need for towels. If Canada loses 33.4M Canadians will cry and need a Xanax/Zoloftcocktail swigged with MOlson's! USA will simply say, nice try!
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 17:062 edits
    You don't get it, do you? If USA loses no skin off USA's noses. There'l be no need for towels. If Canada loses 33.4M Canadians will cry and need a Xanax/Zoloftcocktail swigged with MOlson's! USA will simply say, nice try!
    There were only 24. something million that actually watched the game at some point. 😛

There were 16. something million U.S. fans who tuned in at some point so I would say there was a little skin off of those USA noses. 😉

Don't kind yourself my Friend from the South, many U.S. fans do care, just not as many as in Canada, with a much smaller population.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree