Originally posted by blade68
I wasn't trying to persuade people to do anything, I was merely making my point heard.
What people do is up to them, that's one of the benefits of living in a supposedly free society...
My choice is to boycott, whether stadiums miss me or not is immaterial - I can rest easy in my bed knowing that I'm not getting ripped off every weekend!
But you also deprive yourself of the pleasure of going to a game or a concert. Best approach is to spend the absolute minimum of money.
1. Find the cheapest possible seats that you can bear. Take advantage of all special offers and discounts.
2. Make sure you know exactly where your seat is and get there before some usher arrives seeking a tip.
3. Take public transportation, or have someone drop you off at the game -- anything to avoid forking over money for overpriced parking
4. Eat as much food as possible before entering the stadium so you can avoid buying ANY of the overpriced glop that most stadiums serve.
5. Do not buy any souvenirs, yearbooks, or programs. It's mostly a lot of junk.
Unless, by some miracle, someone offers you a legitimate deal on any of this stuff that isn't a ripoff.
All of this assumes that the event you're attending is not itself a ripoff