1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Apr '08 15:33
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    I agree with that, I'm glad I got a chance to see it. And yes, I'm one of those people that say, "wow, Dimaggio and Ruth and Mantle and Maris stood there" and stuff like that. I still like Fenway and Wrigley better though, but maybe thats because of my extreme dislike of the Yankees 😀
    I heard no1 is going to become a Phillies fan after this year.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '08 16:04
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I suggest you read my entire post. The new stadium is a piece of sh** designed for corporate fat cats to the detriment of loyal Yankee fans. The team I rooted for won't play there.

EDIT: Maybe they should dig up my grandmother and move her to another location other than the one she wanted to be buried in; after all, it's not like she's lying under the same blade of grass and the same dirt!
    Obviously you are an complete moron on all levels. It is 100% innapropriate to talk about digging up my grandmother when we are discussing builing a new stadium and I am glad to hear that you will no longer be rooting for my favorite team.
  3. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    03 Apr '08 16:09
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    Obviously you are an complete moron on all levels. It is 100% innapropriate to talk about digging up my grandmother when we are discussing builing a new stadium and I am glad to hear that you will no longer be rooting for my favorite team.
    He said his grandmother, not yours. And didn't you see Darv's above post, he's going to be a phillies fan next year anyway. I suppose i can accept him into my fan base, or give him a trial period anyway.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Apr '08 16:16
    Good thing you're a math teacher.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Apr '08 22:07
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    I will be more concerned when Wrigley and Fenway go. I'm a pretty sentimental person, so I understand what you mean. But I'm sure the new stadium will be not be a piece of sh**.
    I despise the new type of stadiums which reduce the overall seating capacity just so rich people can have the privilege of attending a game without actually dealing with the average fan. Since the corporate boxes are virtually the only rationale for a "new" Yankee Stadium (it's being built right across the road, destroying a local park in the process) and since the new stadium will have reduced capacity, I maintain it will be a piece of sh** no matter how much they try to make it look like the old one.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Apr '08 22:121 edit
    Of course, I didn't say your grandmother. I was addressing your point and saying that we don't revere a place because of the exact composition of the grass and/or dirt that is there but for other, more tangible reasons. If you think that makes me a "moron", so be it. I am sorry that there are Yankee fans with so little appreciation for the history and tradition of the team; you probably have a lime green "Yankee" cap, too.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Apr '08 22:19
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I heard no1 is going to become a Phillies fan after this year.
    Ugh. Maybe I'll start following that English "football" so I have something to say in 90% of the threads in this forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree