1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    21 Dec '11 13:15
    Ohio State greets Urban Meyer with a bowl ban in 2012.

Guess Jim Tressel wasn't the saint Whodey claimed he was after all.

Imagine that???
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '11 18:341 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Ohio State greets Urban Meyer with a bowl ban in 2012.

Guess Jim Tressel wasn't the saint Whodey claimed he was after all.

Imagine that???
    Who said he was a saint? I think he is a good guy but never said he was a saint. In fact, I think he is still a good guy even though he obviously had a lapse in judgement.

As for Meyer, only time will tell if he can dominate the Big Ten every year and win a national title game to even be discussed in the same breath with Tressels coaching abilities.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    21 Dec '11 20:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    Who said he was a saint? I think he is a good guy but never said he was a saint. In fact, I think he is still a good guy even though he obviously had a lapse in judgement.

As for Meyer, only time will tell if he can dominate the Big Ten every year and win a national title game to even be discussed in the same breath with Tressels coaching abilities.
    LMAO!!! Meyer already has more national titles than Tressel does.

In fact, he already has more titles than OSU does since Woodie Hayes was there.
  4. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    23 Dec '11 05:221 edit
    whodey you know less about sports than you do about politics...

if thats possiblešŸ˜“
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '11 13:49
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    LMAO!!! Meyer [b]already has more national titles than Tressel does.

In fact, he already has more titles than OSU does since Woodie Hayes was there.[/b]
    That is NOT what I"m talking about and you know it. I could care less what his resume is before he came to OSU. I will only judge him according to what he does at OSU, not what he has done elsewhere in the last 20 years.

It's like when the Reds acquired Ken Griffey Jr. He had all this great history and stats and was already a Hall of Famer, however, while with the Reds was only an average player at best. As a Reds fan, what do I care what he did in Seattle? Nothing, that's what.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '11 16:27
    That is NOT what I"m talking about and you know it. I could care less what his resume is before he came to OSU. I will only judge him according to what he does at OSU, not what he has done elsewhere in the last 20 years.

It's like when the Reds acquired Ken Griffey Jr. He had all this great history and stats and was already a Hall of Famer, however, whi ...[text shortened]... player at best. As a Reds fan, what do I care what he did in Seattle? Nothing, that's what.
    Again, let me reitorate. If Meyer does not dominate the Big Ten like Tressel did and not win a national title then he cannot be compared to Tressel. In fact, I'm sure if Tressel had coached at, say LSU, he would have had more national titles.
  7. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '11 16:591 edit
    Again, let me reitorate. If Meyer does not dominate the Big Ten like Tressel did and not win a national title then he cannot be compared to Tressel. In fact, I'm sure if Tressel had coached at, say LSU, he would have had more national titles.
    If Meyer does not cheat like Tressel it might be nearly impossible to duplicate the success Tressel had. I simply do not see regardless of how great a coach he is that he could win the Big 10 six straight years (the last one vacated).
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '11 17:521 edit
    Originally posted by quackquack
    If Meyer does not cheat like Tressel it might be nearly impossible to duplicate the success Tressel had. I simply do not see regardless of how great a coach he is that he could win the Big 10 six straight years (the last one vacated).
    Cheat? Come on man, how exactly did Tressel "cheat" in order to gain an advantage on the football field?

I suppore since OSU has been penalized scholarships the next three years you could give him a pass of sorts for the next 3 years, but after that all bets are off, assuming he even stays around for 3 years.
  9. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    23 Dec '11 18:33
    Cheat? Come on man, how exactly did Tressel "cheat" in order to gain an advantage on the football field?

I suppore since OSU has been penalized scholarships the next three years you could give him a pass of sorts for the next 3 years, but after that all bets are off, assuming he even stays around for 3 years.
    You want me to answer that? He played certain players in the Sugar Bowl.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '11 23:14
    Originally posted by gambit3
    You want me to answer that? He played certain players in the Sugar Bowl.
    No, the NCAA allowed these players to play in the Sugar Bowl even though they knew about the infractions. It's called brining in the $$$$ for the NCAA when its convenient for them.

So they got a few tatoos. Does this negate Tressels coaching and recruiting ability? No, it has nothing to do with it at all.
  11. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 04:101 edit
    No, the NCAA allowed these players to play in the Sugar Bowl even though they knew about the infractions. It's called brining in the $$$$ for the NCAA when its convenient for them.

So they got a few tatoos. Does this negate Tressels coaching and recruiting ability? No, it has nothing to do with it at all.
    The deal on his part is that he lied. He also let them play to win. The Hogs would have not let their players make the trip if they were Hog players. Then again Broyles and Holtz are not here now.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 22:10
    The deal on his part is that he lied. He also let them play to win. The Hogs would have not let their players make the trip if they were Hog players. Then again Broyles and Holtz are not here now.
    Again, had the players behaved themselves and not gotten tattoos we would not be having this discussion. How this has anything to do with Tressels coaching/recruiting ability is beyond me.
  13. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 00:38
    Again, had the players behaved themselves and not gotten tattoos we would not be having this discussion. How this has anything to do with Tressels coaching/recruiting ability is beyond me.
    As the coach he did not deal with the situation. It took a NCAA investigation to deal with it. Otherwise OSU would have continued buisness as usual.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 05:42
    As the coach he did not deal with the situation. It took a NCAA investigation to deal with it. Otherwise OSU would have continued buisness as usual.
    This was only a lapse in judgement in regards to finding out his players got some tattoos. Again, this has NOTHING to do with his ability to recruit and win football games.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 07:03
    This was only a lapse in judgement in regards to finding out his players got some tattoos. Again, this has NOTHING to do with his ability to recruit and win football games.
    No, it is about how those players PAID for getting tattoos. Huge difference!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree