1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 13:251 edit
    This is a thread to post the results of our awful and brilliant predictions. But it's mostly for me to gloat about one I'm going to get right.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=113742&page=&page=11

Originally posted by Darvlay
    personally, I think the MLB is undergoing a pitching renaissance at the moment. Coupled that with the decreased use of PEDs, we're gonna see a lot of pitchers this year with ERAs under 3.00 at the end of the year.

Reply by Shortcircuit
    Regarding your claim on abundant pitchers with 3.00 or below ERA at season's end, I would place the over /under at 3 pitcher's....and it may not get that high. Injuries could take the toll. Furthermore, all sub 3.00 ERA's will come from the NL, if they occur.

Currently 17 starting pitchers have ERAs under 3.00. 5 out of the 17 are from the AL.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 14:50
    Cookie?
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 15:39
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Cookie?
    I prefer a hug. 😏
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 15:55
    Originally posted by darvlay
    This is a thread to post the results of our awful and brilliant predictions. But it's mostly for me to gloat about one I'm going to get right.

[quote]
    personally, I think the MLB is undergoing a pitching renaissance at the moment. Coupled ...[text shortened]...

Currently 17 starting pitchers have ERAs under 3.00. 5 out of the 17 are from the AL.
    Wondering which teams you predict as most likely to contend in the world series.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 15:584 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Wondering which teams you predict as most likely to contend in the world series.
    AL: Yanks with the Twins in a distant 2nd
    NL: Phillies with the Reds in a close 2nd

Phillies have the best pitching staff in the league and are the most complete team which leads me to believe they will win the Series this year. Plus I will be cheering hard for Halladay and Oswalt, two of my favourite pitchers, to win their first Series' each.

I don't see the Padres, Giants, Rays, Braves or Rangers doing much of anything in the post-season.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 16:06

AL: Yanks with the Twins in a distant 2nd
    NL: Phillies with the Reds in a close 2nd

Phillies have the best pitching staff in the league and are the most complete team which leads me to believe they will win the Series this year. Plus I will be cheering hard for Halladay and Oswalt, two of my favourite pitchers, to win their first Series' each.

...[text shortened]... n't see the Padres, Giants, Rays, Braves or Rangers doing much of anything in the post-season.
    Also, which teams will finish the season recognized as 'most improved'?
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 16:10
    Also, which teams will finish the season recognized as 'most improved'?
    The Reds, obviously.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 16:11
    The Reds, obviously.
    Any others?
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 16:12
    Any others?
    Not in their league.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 16:14
    I guess the Padres could be in that class too. I still think they stink though unlike the Reds who will be around for at least a little while longer, like the Rays of a few years back.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 16:21
    reds will be out in the first round of the playoffs.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 18:02
    Originally posted by trev33
    reds will be out in the first round of the playoffs.
    If they face the Phillies, yep.
  13. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 06:20

[quote]
    personally, I think the MLB is undergoing a pitching renaissance at the moment. Coupled ...[text shortened]...

I predict the Mariners will suck again next year, and every year after until the end of time.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 11:28
    Originally posted by bbarr

I predict the Mariners will suck again next year, and every year after until the end of time.
    So, bbar, what's your perception of the essence of the Mariners' cluster of problems?

What makes them stink to high heaven yesterday, today and for the future's sake?
  15. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 17:54
    So, bbar, what's your perception of the essence of the Mariners' cluster of problems?

What makes them stink to high heaven yesterday, today and for the future's sake?
    $

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree