1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '08 00:02
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Even if they are, it's all for naught. The 2007 Pats will be forever tainted by CameraGate.
    Not in the hearts and minds of the players, organization, and fans. And that's all that really counts. Who really cares what you and other non-Patriot fans think?

Just go 19-0 baby and let the celebration begin!!
  2. weedhopper
    Moves
    11 Jan '08 14:27
    Originally posted by Ullr
    Not in the hearts and minds of the players, organization, and fans. And that's all that really counts. Who really cares what you and other non-Patriot fans think?

Just go 19-0 baby and let the celebration begin!!
    You're right about one thing: the fans are what counts. The fans of professional football--not the near-sighted fans of the team-de-jour for 2008. Long after this Super Bowl is over, real fans will remember the '08 Patriots in the same way that baseball fans regard the 1919 White Sox. And don't discount my "Patriot fanhood"; I was a HUGE fan when they were the BOSTON Patriots and a fellow named Nance was the greatest thing since sliced bread. And until about 2 days after the Pats-Jets game this season, I admired coach Belichick more than any other in the game. Man, remember when all the talking heads were quivering over Mike Vick, and how unstoppable he was? Coach B. calmly had his players execute a flawless plan to contain that WMD--just as he had done against every other NFL Team. I thought "This guy is the Shizz-It!"
    Alas, he cheated, and I'm not afraid to admit it when my heroes prove to have feet of clay.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Jan '08 14:30
    If the Jaguars win, I'll give each of you a hand job.
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '08 14:42
    You're right about one thing: the fans are what counts. The fans of professional football--not the near-sighted fans of the team-de-jour for 2008. Long after this Super Bowl is over, real fans will remember the '08 Patriots in the same way that baseball fans regard the 1919 White Sox. And don't discount my "Patriot fanhood"; I was a HUGE fan when they ...[text shortened]... s, he cheated, and I'm not afraid to admit it when my heroes prove to have feet of clay.
    First of all comparing spygate to the Black Sox is a joke. You're talking about a group of players that took money to throw the entire World Series. How does this even remotely compare to video taping the defensive signals of your opponent when teams have been trying to decipher and steal defensive signals for a long time. That's why coaches disguise the signals in the first place.

But you're right that what Belichik did was wrong and he was punished for it. We can debate the severity of the punishment of course but to compare it the Chicago Black Sox is just another example of how fans from other teams (so called "real football fans"😉 are trying to take this to an extreme.

If what Belichik did was as bad as what the Black Sox did or even Pete Rose then he would have been rightfully banned from the league. But the infraction was not nearly that severe.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Jan '08 16:45
    You're right about one thing: the fans are what counts. The fans of professional football--not the near-sighted fans of the team-de-jour for 2008. Long after this Super Bowl is over, real fans will remember the '08 Patriots in the same way that baseball fans regard the 1919 White Sox. And don't discount my "Patriot fanhood"; I was a HUGE fan when they ...[text shortened]... s, he cheated, and I'm not afraid to admit it when my heroes prove to have feet of clay.
    Your so gellus of teh New England Greatriots!

P-
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    14 Jan '08 16:00
    Originally posted by Ullr
    First of all comparing spygate to the Black Sox is a joke. You're talking about a group of players that took money to throw the entire World Series. How does this even remotely compare to video taping the defensive signals of your opponent when teams have been trying to decipher and steal defensive signals for a long time. That's why coaches disguise the sig ...[text shortened]... ave been rightfully banned from the league. But the infraction was not nearly that severe.
    You're right about the Sox being a bigger black eye--I grant you that. But the severity of the punishment IS the whole point. Some of us believe Coach B. SHOULD have been banned. (The noted Earl Campbell agrees 😀). But all this will be forgotten in 6 days, when the Chargers put an end to the whole debate by knocking off the mighty Patriot machine.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Jan '08 17:45
    You're right about the Sox being a bigger black eye--I grant you that. But the severity of the punishment IS the whole point. Some of us believe Coach B. SHOULD have been banned. (The noted Earl Campbell agrees 😀). But all this will be forgotten in 6 days, when the Chargers put an end to the whole debate by knocking off the mighty Patriot machine.
    If wishes were horses, you'd be a rancher.

P-
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '08 17:49
    I agree that the severity of the punishment is debatable. I think a suspension would have been warranted. With all due respect to Earl Cambell, a ban is way too harsh. There are players with worse infractions than this that have not come anywhere close to receiving a ban from the league.

As far as you're prediction, hey anythings possible but if you had to bet your house straight up with no point spread on who is going to win that game I think you'd be irresponsible to make that bet on the Chargers.
  9. Joined
    29 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '08 20:51
    This whole thing about SpyGate is just SOUR GRAPES. We know other teams were doing the same thing. Took an ex Patriot to expose it!? It was legal to have someone watching the signals just not taping them?
    Why do you guys hate the Pats so much? This was before SpyGate so, don't blame that. Pats will be 19-0, that will give you guys something else to complain about.
  10. weedhopper
    Moves
    24 Jan '08 17:20
    Originally posted by ToekneeG
    This whole thing about SpyGate is just SOUR GRAPES. We know other teams were doing the same thing. Took an ex Patriot to expose it!? It was legal to have someone watching the signals just not taping them?
    Why do you guys hate the Pats so much? This was before SpyGate so, don't blame that. Pats will be 19-0, that will give you guys something else to complain about.
    "we know other teams do the same thing?"!! Is that the best you can do --defend a cheat by saying everybody else does it??
  11. weedhopper
    Moves
    24 Jan '08 17:22
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    If wishes were horses, you'd be a rancher.

P-
    regarding the unfortunate NE-SD game of 1-20-2008, I can only say this: doo-doo
  12. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 00:26
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Your so gellus of teh New England Greatriots!

P-
    Great -- Riots? Yep. Yep.
  13. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 00:27
    regarding the unfortunate NE-SD game of 1-20-2008, I can only say this: doo-doo
    'Twas unfortunate the Chargers heat for their benches broke. Yeah, they BROKE. NOT TAMPERRED WITH I TELL YA! BROKE 🙄😲🙄😲🙄😲🙄
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 02:37
    Originally posted by Ramned
    'Twas unfortunate the Chargers heat for their benches broke. Yeah, they BROKE. NOT TAMPERRED WITH I TELL YA! BROKE 🙄😲🙄😲🙄😲🙄
    That's strange, because I herd New England had doubled up the heating units on their side of the field for that game.

Very strange, I would think they would have checked BOTH sides!

Go figure.

P-
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 02:47
    lets get one thing straight the pats are going 2 win and the packers suck. me being a bears fan though, the only thing that matters is for the packers and that hill billy favre to lose

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree