1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 03:322 edits
    I'm sure many of you have heard the reports. An accused pedofile is apparently on the verge of wrecking an entire program. In fact, I hear the Joe Pa knew about allegations of such activity as early as 2002, if not sooner, but did nothing to alert authorities.

There is no doubt in my mind that Joe will finally retire, when he should have done so probably about a decade ago. Now his assumed legendary status is on the verge of utter collapse, almost as we saw one Pete Rose fall from grace. However, this fall is far worse than what Pete Rose ever went through. In fact, this is sports at its ugliest.

So how many here think Joe Pa should face jail time if he, in fact, did know about such child sexual abuse on his team and did not report it to the proper authorities? Or is he above the law much like we see preists in the Catholic church?
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 05:00
    Originally posted by whodey
    I'm sure many of you have heard the reports. An accused pedofile is apparently on the verge of wrecking an entire program. In fact, I hear the Joe Pa knew about allegations of such activity as early as 2002, if not sooner, but did nothing to alert authorities.

There is no doubt in my mind that Joe will finally retire, when he should have done so probably ...[text shortened]... he proper authorities? Or is he above the law much like we see preists in the Catholic church?
    There you go half cocked once again. This is Joe Pa, not Jim Tressel we are talking about.

First of all, Sandusky was already retired when the first allegation came forward.
    Joe Pa did notify the authorities at the university, which is protocol because Sandusky
    was no longer an employee. The fact that nothing was done about it is why the
    administrators are in hot water now.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 11:162 edits
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    There you go half cocked once again. This is Joe Pa, not Jim Tressel we are talking about.

First of all, Sandusky was already retired when the first allegation came forward.
    Joe Pa did notify the authorities at the university, which is protocol because Sandusky
    was no longer an employee. The fact that nothing was done about it is why the
    administrators are in hot water now.
    First of all, NEVER utter the name of Joe Perv in the same sentence as Coach Tressel. Secondly, Joe did notify the university, who swept it under the rug and merely fired the person in question.

So why is it that Joe is off the hook but not the university? Is Joe not apart of the university? If I were Joe would I not want to see some follow up with authorities? Wouldn't you? If I were half a man, I would want to know that the police were actively getting this person off the streets.......that is.......so long as I were not worried about my precious "legacy" as well as PR for the university. Make no mistake, had Joe followed up with getting him off the streets, he would not have been able to abuse that boy in 2009 which made this story explode. Everyone knows that if you don't get a pedofile off the streets, they will strike again.

No doubt, the NCAA will see things the way you do. They will more than likely turn a blind eye to a pedofile scandel and then throw the book at Tressel because his players received tattoos. If so, all I can say is screw the NCAA. What a joke of an organization they have become.

I fully expect Joe to go unscathed out of all this except to perhaps finally retire at age 120. It's just politics.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 13:50
    First of all, NEVER utter the name of Joe Perv in the same sentence as Coach Tressel. Secondly, Joe did notify the university, who swept it under the rug and merely fired the person in question.

So why is it that Joe is off the hook but not the university? Is Joe not apart of the university? If I were Joe would I not want to see some follow up with au ...[text shortened]... unscathed out of all this except to perhaps finally retire at age 120. It's just politics.
    Tressel was a cheat, a cover up, and probably sucked the knob of Pryor regularly.

Joe Pa just teaches the game the way it should be played, without the gimmicks,
    without the thuggery, without the excuses that others before him and during his time
    have employed.

You are a bigger idiot than I thought you were if you really believe Joe Pa was involved
    and acted inappropriately.

The NCAA didn't make Tressel cheat...they just caught him...and his thugs...breaking
    the rules. Get over it. Be glad you have the Bengals to root for.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 16:00

There is no doubt in my mind that Joe will finally retire, when he should have done so probably ...[text shortened]... he proper authorities? Or is he above the law much like we see preists in the Catholic church?
    Any one is capable because everyone sins.

And there is nothing new under the sun.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 16:551 edit
    Tressel was a cheat, a cover up, and probably sucked the knob of Pryor regularly.

Joe Pa just teaches the game the way it should be played, without the gimmicks,
    without the thuggery, without the excuses that others before him and during his time
    have employed.

You are a bigger idiot than I thought you were if you really believe Joe Pa was invol m...and his thugs...breaking
    the rules. Get over it. Be glad you have the Bengals to root for.
    How was Tressel a cheat? Because he failed to report his players getting tattoos? Pfft.

Joe Pa knew of a pedofile on the team but neglected to report it to the police. Instead, he let the university cover it up for him.

No doubt, he will now hide behind the skirts of his attorneys and be just fine.

As for teaching the game properly, Tressel owned Joe Pa for the most part so I have no idea what you are babbling about. Tressel was not only a better coach, he had more integrity in his little finger than Joe has in altogether.
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 17:39
    How was Tressel a cheat? Because he failed to report his players getting tattoos? Pfft.

Joe Pa knew of a pedofile on the team but neglected to report it to the police. Instead, he let the university cover it up for him.

No doubt, he will now hide behind the skirts of his attorneys and be just fine.

As for teaching the game properly, Tressel owned ...[text shortened]... not only a better coach, he had more integrity in his little finger than Joe has in altogether.
    You are showing your ass again...but that is no big news.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 18:14
    You are showing your ass again...but that is no big news.
    Just so long as one of Joe Pa's guys are not standing behind me. 😛
  9. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 18:18

So why is it that Joe is off the hook but not the university? Is Joe not apart of the university? If I were Joe would I not want to see some follow up with au ...[text shortened]... unscathed out of all this except to perhaps finally retire at age 120. It's just politics.
    Are you enjoying a bowl of sugar while you rant about Penn State?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 18:35
    Originally posted by gambit3
    Are you enjoying a bowl of sugar while you rant about Penn State?
    Speaking of Sugar Bowls, I wonder if the NCAA will do anything to prevent Penn State from going to a bowl this year.

My guess is no.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 18:43
    Just so long as one of Joe Pa's guys are not standing behind me. 😛
    They only like big boys. You don't qualify, so you are safe.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 18:45
    Speaking of Sugar Bowls, I wonder if the NCAA will do anything to prevent Penn State from going to a bowl this year.

My guess is no.
    No, PSU will be in a bowl, and may well land in a BCS bowl depending on how their
    conference shakes out.

I heard Ohio State has been offered a spot in the Toilet Bowl.

Since you are such an OSU athletic supporter, maybe they will let you be the flusher.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 20:26
    No, PSU will be in a bowl, and may well land in a BCS bowl depending on how their
    conference shakes out.

I heard Ohio State has been offered a spot in the Toilet Bowl.

Since you are such an OSU athletic supporter, maybe they will let you be the flusher.
    God forbid any of the PSU players get a tatoo. Just so long as they continue to sexually abuse children I suppose they can do as they like.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 21:12
    God forbid any of the PSU players get a tatoo. Just so long as they continue to sexually abuse children I suppose they can do as they like.
    How typical. Show me ANYWHERE where a player or an active coach is accused, charged,
    or convicted of child abuse, child molestation or indecency with a child.

If you cannot produce any...then STFU....

You are a real piece of..... work.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 23:331 edit
    How typical. Show me ANYWHERE where a player or an active coach is accused, charged,
    or convicted of child abuse, child molestation or indecency with a child.

If you cannot produce any...then STFU....

You are a real piece of..... work.
    I've been watching some ESPN today and the shocker is the commentators seem to agree with Whodey. Sure, Joe Pa may not be in trouble legally, but ethically he is nothing more than a hole in the wall. How exactly could he do nothing more than alert one person in the program and watch that same person continue to be apart of the university for years on end?

Joe needs to step down yesterday. In addition, for the first time Whodey is a Cornhusker fan come this Saturday.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree