1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 03:07
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    My god, they couldn't convict Bill Clinton and they had him dead to rights.[/b]
    Nor could they throw Nixon in jail. Your point is?
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 03:09
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I have no idea why people here can't get a link to work; I have no problem with it.

The count is clear: the graduate assistant estimated the boy's age was 10 years old; I don't think it's credible to discount that. I find Paterno's version hard to believe; the GA called Paterno and went to his house to tell him of the incident; that he would leave out the "detail" that it was anal rape doesn't sound very likely.
    The link throws up a message that says corrupted data.

At least that is what it shows for me.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 04:09
    The link throws up a message that says corrupted data.

At least that is what it shows for me.
    Maybe they are Joe Pa cyber attacks.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 05:28
    Originally posted by whodey
    Maybe they are Joe Pa cyber attacks.
    Who writes your material??
  5. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 11:58
    I have no idea why people here can't get a link to work; I have no problem with it.

The count is clear: the graduate assistant estimated the boy's age was 10 years old; I don't think it's credible to discount that. I find Paterno's version hard to believe; the GA called Paterno and went to his house to tell him of the incident; that he would leave out the "detail" that it was anal rape doesn't sound very likely.
    Yes, his account is very clear, to the grand jury. What he told Paterno is in dispute, however. Also, he waited until the next day, after conferencing with his father. Why did he need the advice of anyone if he saw a grown man raping a boy? It's entirely possible the guy's father got him to downplay the incident to Paterno.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 03:13
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Yes, his account is very clear, to the grand jury. What he told Paterno is in dispute, however. Also, he waited until the next day, after conferencing with his father. Why did he need the advice of anyone if he saw a grown man raping a boy? It's entirely possible the guy's father got him to downplay the incident to Paterno.
    Criticizing the GA's actions are a red herring. The issue is what Paterno should have done and didn't do.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 04:06
    Who writes your material??
    What material? I'm serious!! 😠
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 04:091 edit
    Criticizing the GA's actions are a red herring. The issue is what Paterno should have done and didn't do.
    Well it appears that Penn State is seeing things my way as well. They just fired the old fossil amid public outcry.

For the record, it brings me no pleasure to see this happen to anyone, however, if they deserve to have it happen to them and it does not then it is even more intolerable.

Like it or not, Joe Pa is no better than anyone else. I could care less how many ignorant games he has won as a coach.

Now someone needs to proceed with legal action against the whole lot of them.
  9. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 04:38
    Joe Paterno, at the ripe old age of 75, was told his defensive coordinator, was dirty, and reported it to his superior. Although in my heart I know he should have have gone public, he didn't commit any legal crime once he reported it to the athletic director. I will always regard this man as one of the greatest coaches and instructors of all time.Maybe THE greatest of all time. Amazing, an american president can get his schlong sucked off in the oval office and survive, but a football coach who basically followed procedure gets crucified for reporting this incident but not being the assaulting party in it. I challenge all of you, who have tenure, been somewhere a long time (I have been in the same industry for 32 years) to give it all up for someone else's discrepancies.....2 wrongs don't make a right, but effin catholic priests have been getting away with this crap for thousands of years.....Joe Paterno is, and always will be, a great man...by the time he got this news, he was probably so confused he didn't know what was the correct protocol, the age he was brought up in required him to report to his immediate superior, which he did. Once you start frying people with impeccable service over a god damn 61 year period in the course of 1 week, I think the message big brother is sending out is none of us are safe.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 14:371 edit
    Originally posted by mudpie
    Joe Paterno, at the ripe old age of 75, was told his defensive coordinator, was dirty, and reported it to his superior. Although in my heart I know he should have have gone public, he didn't commit any legal crime once he reported it to the athletic director. I will always regard this man as one of the greatest coaches and instructors of all time.Maybe THE g the course of 1 week, I think the message big brother is sending out is none of us are safe.
    It's amazing the hero worship that goes into winning college football games. I am also suseptible to this tendency being an Ohio State fan. However, when people break rules, even if you think the rules are retarded, you need to pay a price.

As for Joe Pa, the interesting thing here is that it appears he did not break any rules.....that is, the laws of college football and of the judicial system. However, what of the law in our hearts that tell us that those in society who are powerless, need our help? This is not about a sexual scandel between two consenting adults, rather, this is about the powerless being exploited with others knowledge. Those who knew are the only defense of the person in question and as a result have an understood responsibility to that person.

Would Whodey risk a career in the name of defending those in society who are powerless like the boy in question? I would like to think so. Then again, would someone like Joe Pa really be risking anything with his legendary status? At best, I would say that if the story were untrue it would have been a minor blemish on his career and not the end of it. I thnk the crux of it is that Joe Pa was more concerned with harming his program which might translate into fewer wins and not the fact he was risking his own career.

BTW, what makes Joe Pa a "great man" other than having the most wins in college football? I do realize that for many, this makes one great but I simply don't see it.
  11. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 14:37
    Yes, I am criticizing the GA's actions. I'm not making a red herring out of them, however. It is important to note that what he told Paterno, may not have been the same thing he told the grand jury. It is also important to note that all of Joe Pa's actions prior to this incident speak of a high level of integrity. He said the story he got was vastly different from the one the grand jury got. Why shouldn't we believe him? Paterno did exactly what he was supposed to do once the issue was brought to his attention. The person who made the mistake was the GA. I know the GA isn't a big name like Paterno, and is therefore much less attractive as a scapegoat, but let's assign the blame where it is due.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 15:19
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Yes, I am criticizing the GA's actions. I'm not making a red herring out of them, however. It is important to note that what he told Paterno, may not have been the same thing he told the grand jury. It is also important to note that all of Joe Pa's actions prior to this incident speak of a high level of integrity. He said the story he got was vastly diff ...[text shortened]... therefore much less attractive as a scapegoat, but let's assign the blame where it is due.
    Incredible, just incredible.

Paterno should have dialed the police department while the GA was at his house and told him to tell them exactly what he had just told Paterno. Sandusky wasn't just some shmuck off the street; he had been Paterno's defensive coordinator for years and heir apparent. The level of Paterno's unconcern is shocking; even he, if not you, has admitted he should have done more. And that is the understatement of the year; if the charges against Sandusky are true, Paterno must share the blame for children being molested for 7 years AFTER the incident with Victim 2.
  13. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 18:49
    Incredible, just incredible.

Paterno should have dialed the police department while the GA was at his house and told him to tell them exactly what he had just told Paterno. Sandusky wasn't just some shmuck off the street; he had been Paterno's defensive coordinator for years and heir apparent. The level of Paterno's unconcern is shocking ...[text shortened]... ust share the blame for children being molested for 7 years AFTER the incident with Victim 2.
    The man who witnessed this was not 12 or 14 at the time. He was a grown person. He shouldn't have brought it to Joe Pa in the first place. Who knows what he told Paterno? Were you there for it? Of course if Paterno had witnessed it I would have expected him to go to the police, he can't force a grown person to do anything. Of course he should have encouraged him to go to the police and I am sure he does feel guilt because he didn't. If the GA downplayed it, Paterno might have thought it wasn't that serious or that it was just The GA's imagination. Then he refers it to his superiors for investigation. I'm not saying I would have done it that way, but I can see where someone might.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree