1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 20:53
    4 incredible games, and I know this for sure because I went to 3 of them. The crowds were tremedous, sellouts, and the baseball was even better. A blowout, a walk off homer, a huge game ending call, and a 9th inning rally. And the Mets fans who came down to get boozed up and start fights were beat up and kicked out by the end of the games (seriously 😛). I came as close to a homerun as I ever have, diving and just missing Jimmy Rollins first inning homerun on Wednesday :'( 😛

I was upset though by the fact that the Yankees/Red Sox series was coverered first on ESPN, when there were a few more meaningful series being played where the the difference between first and second is much closer. I'm getting sick of how everytime the Yanks and Sox play it's earth shattering news to ESPN, even if one or both of them suck that year. Every division this week had series between their first and second place teams, and all the divisions are closer than the Yanks and Sox, making them more newsworthy. And that, folks, really grinds my gears.
  2. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 23:38
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    ....I was upset though by the fact that the Yankees/Red Sox series was coverered first on ESPN, when there were a few more meaningful series being played where the the difference between first and second is much closer. I'm getting sick of how everytime the Yanks and Sox play it's earth shattering news to ESPN, even if one or both of them suck that year. ...[text shortened]... than the Yanks and Sox, making them more newsworthy. And that, folks, really grinds my gears.
    What a Boston fan hears:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah Blahs/RED SOX blah blah blah ESPN blah blah
    blah blah blah blah Blahs blah SOX blah blah blah blah blah
    blah blah Blahs and SOX blah blah really grinds my GO SOX!

🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree