Platini

Standard memberElleEffSeee
Sports 07 Aug '07 13:23
  1. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 13:23
    'Platini fears for future of clubs amid spread of foreign owners'

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/article2211166.ece

“I would be worried if I were English because of all the foreign ownership,” he said. “They could be rich people coming to help English football and develop it, but they may just want to make money. I fear your clubs will lose identity. If it was in France, I would fight it.”

Should someone point out to this munchkin that being UEFA president involves fighting for all countries in Europe, not just France?
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 15:27
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee

“I would be worried if I were English because of all the foreign ownership,” he said. “They could be rich people coming to help English football and develop it, but they may just want to make money. I fear ...[text shortened]... hkin that being UEFA president involves fighting for all countries in Europe, not just France?
    Do you think UEFA should have an active voice in the FA's to the extent of determining who can and cannot own its clubs?

Platini gave his opinion, but he knows he has no jurisdiction over this subject. At least not yet.

I don't see what you're upset about. You want him to intervene? To say nothing?
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 17:45
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Do you think UEFA should have an active voice in the FA's to the extent of determining who can and cannot own its clubs?

Platini gave his opinion, but he knows he has no jurisdiction over this subject. At least not yet.

I don't see what you're upset about. You want him to intervene? To say nothing?
    Don't you think he is wrong to say that, as European footballing president, if there is a problem in his own beloved country he would fight the cause, but not if it's in England?
  4. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 20:27
    Don't you think he is wrong to say that, as European footballing president, if there is a problem in his own beloved country he would fight the cause, but not if it's in England?
    Agincourt...... WWII 'allies'..... oooohhhh it's all far too deep for me!

I'd wager that his parents weren't married!!!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 22:04
    eh?
  6. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 09:22
    It's my inherent mistrust of anything/anyone French.....
  7. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 14:57

“I would be worried if I were English because of all the foreign ownership,” he said. “They could be rich people coming to help English football and develop it, but they may just want to make money. I fear ...[text shortened]... hkin that being UEFA president involves fighting for all countries in Europe, not just France?
    If he was to stick his oar in - many people would be saying butt out you French Git. He can't win.

Any football fan should be slightly concerned when franchise is sold to the highest bidder, but this concern is lessend by the fact that when you have a financial stake you will try hard to be successful.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree