1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 16:43
    Originally posted by mtthw
    I think Man United must use up all their luck in Champions' League draws.
    The year we won it:
    Group Stage: United, Bayern, Barcelona, Brondby
    Quarter Finals: Inter Milan
    Semi: Juventus
    Final: Bayern

99/00: we got Real Madrid in the Quarters.
    00/01: Bayern in the Quarters

Personally, I think if we beat Lyon, we have a great chance. Lyon have 2 of the best young strikers in the world at the moment, especially Benzema (http://youtube.com/watch?v=MJ_9YTcjxtk) , who I hope replaces Saha in the summer. It'll be tough to get him as he'll be the hottest property in Europe. Hopefully, Fergie moves for him (as he normally does with his targets) before Euro 2008.

D
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 18:12
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Personally, I think if we beat Lyon, we have a great chance. Lyon have 2 of the best young strikers in the world at the moment, especially Benzema (http://youtube.com/watch?v=MJ_9YTcjxtk) , who I hope replaces Saha in the summer. It'll be tough to get him as he'll be the hottest property in Europe. Hopefully, Fergie moves for him (as he normally does with his targets) before Euro 2008.

D
    Remind me of your argument on why Pepe couldn't be one of the hottest young central defenders of the moment.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 18:25
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Remind me of your argument on why Pepe couldn't be one of the hottest young central defenders of the moment.
    Remind me where I made that point.

D
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 18:31
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Remind me where I made that point.

D
    Pretending you don't know? Tsk tsk tsk...
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 18:56
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Pretending you don't know? Tsk tsk tsk...
    Misrepresenting my point? Tsk tsk tsk...

D
  6. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 21:11
    Originally posted by mtthw
    I hate to say it, but Helsinki would be more likely to get Wigan v Bolton. Man Utd v Arsenal would go somewhere with a bigger market.
    Top teams are going to be seeded.
  7. Joined
    11 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 01:47
    The way it looks is that the top five teams will be seeded, and five cities will each host two games. One with a top five team, and the other from the rest of the draw. I don't have any objection to premier league teams playing each other abroad, but when it comes to them being official games, that's a problem. It could seriously affect the standings in the premier league.
    Why not set up a pre-season turnament instead? Cities could bid to host the tournament each year, with the winner being given a mickey mouse cup. They could get to see a presentation then too.
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 11:39
    Originally posted by blade68
    Football's going money mad.

I want a time machine to take me back to the 70's...
    No thanks! The footy back den wasn't near d same quality we hav 2day! OK it wasn't such a moneyv market but just look at d foreign players (Cristiano Ronaldo!!!) and think what footy wud b like wivout dem. BORINGGGGGGGG!!!!!!
  9. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 11:56
    Originally posted by jacko13
    No thanks! The footy back den wasn't near d same quality we hav 2day! OK it wasn't such a moneyv market but just look at d foreign players (Cristiano Ronaldo!!!) and think what footy wud b like wivout dem. BORINGGGGGGGG!!!!!!
    Could you please ask your Mum and Dad to buy you dictionary for your next birthday?
    Elocution lessons may also be advantageous, as they'll allow you to communicate with the rest of the human race.

Thanks.
  10. 6yd box
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 12:42
    Originally posted by jacko13
    so you missed out on Hoddle, Currie, Bowles, Worthington to name just 4 'showmen' who used to do in the 70s what Ronaldo does now.,,, and MORE!

Micky Thomas of wrexham...another one... thats just 5 of the top of my head!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree