1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 10:48
    Originally posted by John1916
    The pundits tis season HAVE to use the term Premier League so to me it seemed as if they had changed the name
    What's the name of the highlights package on Saturday nights on RTE 2?

D
  2. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 12:28
    They are playing IN the Premier League FOR the Premiership.
  3. Standard memberJonathanB of London
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    London
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 13:17
    Originally posted by John1916
    Done a bit of research

- The Premier League (officially known as the Barclays Premier League for sponsorship reasons, colloquially known as The Premiership (especially outside the United Kingdom) -

I've only ever heard the term Premiership before this season - The pundits tis season HAVE to use the term Premier League so to me it seemed as if they had changed the name
    When it first started it was called the Premier League. If memory serves Carling changed the name to the Premiership when they took over sponsorship from Barclays. I don't recall anybody referring to it as the 'premiership' coloquially or otherwise, before then.

I don't know what's wrong with Division One myself - which, ironically, is exactly where Southampton will be playing next year even though it's really division three.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree