1. 6yd box
    Moves
    19 Nov '07 14:39
    I have a simple question for all NFL fans….. what is it about the Pats?

They have been one for the most feared teams in the NFL for the last 4-5 years, but this year they seem to have gone even further with their domination of the grid iron game.

Having watched the NFL since 1982, I have never seen a team dominate a popular sport like the way the Pats are doing this season.

I remember the 49ers under Montana and Young and Ditka’s Bears as well, but what the Pats are doing this season is just unbelievable.

Is this all to do with the coaching system that Belichick and his backroom staff have in place or is there other factors involved here.

Have all the other NFL teams, mentally lost the game even before they come to play the Pats this season?

I remember in the 70s in football here in England, Liverpool had that sort of an effect on all clubs and fans, and the media intensified this further, and Liverpool were just un-beatable.

I thought with your draft system where the worst team has the first pick of the best collage player(s) was designed to counter act the situation of one team dominating the league year in-year out?

I know because of the trade system, the drafts are passed around a lot and the worst team does not get to pick the best player, but still this should not make such a difference?

So what is it about the Pats this season? Why are they so awesome?

On sunday with both their 1st and 2nd choice running backs missing they till hammered another team!!
  2. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    20 Nov '07 02:44
    Originally posted by spurs73
    I have a simple question for all NFL fans….. what is it about the Pats?

They have been one for the most feared teams in the NFL for the last 4-5 years, but this year they seem to have gone even further with their domination of the grid iron game.

Having watched the NFL since 1982, I have never seen a team dominate a popular sport like the way the Pats ...[text shortened]... unday with both their 1st and 2nd choice running backs missing they till hammered another team!!
    "Oh make no mistake. It's not revenge he's after. It's a reckoning." -- Doc Holliday played by Val Kilmer in Tombstone.
  3. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '07 02:49
    What they have is actually finally a "team" committment. Noone person has to be the star. I remember when they won their first superbowl they came out as a team...not individually..and I said they would win.

Plus they are getting the right people who play the team role...their coaching and scouting is beyond excellent.

And of course their players are pretty damn good too!

Dave
  4. Under Cover
    Moves
    20 Nov '07 03:53
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    "Oh make no mistake. It's not revenge he's after. It's a reckoning." -- Doc Holliday played by Val Kilmer in [b]Tombstone.[/b]
    Very well said.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree