1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Mar '11 17:16
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Holy cow!! I used to live in Inwood Forest, right on the golf course.

I actually got to play in the same court with Marty Hogan.
    Showed me just how much difference there was between a true professional and a
    guy who was a decent athlete with a lot of determination and no fear.
    It wasn't close. But I got a few good shots in there and a couple of c ...[text shortened]... ilt that club and ended up with a part ownership in it for a couple of years until we sold it.
    Are you serious? Wow what a small world. I was only there for a little over a year and it was a great club but a couple years after I left is when it was sold and became some kind of church. I wonder if they gutted it or used all the courts as school rooms or something? Oh well.
    You know I really don't think that was the name of the club if it's the same but I'm sure it has to be as I don't think anything else was in that area. I think it had NorthWest as part of it's name but that's all I can come up with.
    Speaking of Marty Hogen though, there is a player in the Bend Oregon area named Dan Darling and he's about 30 or so now and was recently on the pro tour a few years ago and ranked pretty high. I know he's been the #1 ranked player in Oregon for a few years. Anyway when he was younger he spent a few different times at some camp that Marty Hogen had somewhere in California. Anyway I lived in Bend for 8 years a little while back and Dan played at my club so I knew him well and mostly played doubles against him a lot and managed to play a few singles with him too. Never beat him but could come close which wasn't bad for a 48 year old guy at that time. But I could always beat his dad Dave who in turn could beat Dan about half the time. So it's all in the matchup and styles and of course age too.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 01:56
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Are you serious? Wow what a small world. I was only there for a little over a year and it was a great club but a couple years after I left is when it was sold and became some kind of church. I wonder if they gutted it or used all the courts as school rooms or something? Oh well.
    You know I really don't think that was the name of the club if it's the sa ...[text shortened]... Dan about half the time. So it's all in the matchup and styles and of course age too.
    It is indeed a small world.

Who knows? We may have crossed paths and never knew it!!
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 04:05
    It is indeed a small world.

Who knows? We may have crossed paths and never knew it!!
    It's even possible we may have played a game together...... I wonder who would have won!!!!!! Lol.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 04:59
    It's even possible we may have played a game together...... I wonder who would have won!!!!!! Lol.
    I am pretty sure I won it. 😛😀
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 12:29
    I am pretty sure I won it. 😛😀
    How about 2 out of 3? I get stronger as I go!!!! Lol.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 16:55
    How about 2 out of 3? I get stronger as I go!!!! Lol.
    Loser buys lunch??? 😉
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 19:16
    Loser buys lunch??? 😉
    I'm broke so I'd better win...Lol. So do you still get to play at all?
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 22:24
    I'm broke so I'd better win...Lol. So do you still get to play at all?
    Actually, I haven't played in nearly 3 years due to a knee. Started playing golf.
    The old man's game. LOL
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 14:56
    Actually, I haven't played in nearly 3 years due to a knee. Started playing golf.
    The old man's game. LOL
    I haven't played for 5 now. I have gone into the local club here a couple times in the last few months to just hit by myself but it just hurts my back too much. I hate that because I sure love to play.
    "2005 Carmen Felicetti (IN) & Lee Graff (OR)" were the 2005 mens doubles champions and Lee plays in Bend also where I used to live. I think he's closer to 70 now but is still playing and diving all over the court like a crazy man.
    Just not fair that some can play that long and still look good doing it. 🙂
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 06:24
    Any racquetball players at RHP?
    Ex. One of the great sports.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 08:42
    Originally posted by JS357
    Ex. One of the great sports.
    I agree. Just about all the excitment one could ever want to have. If one has never seen it much less never played, their missing out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree