3. 6yd box
    Moves
    14 Jan '10 09:59
    Originally posted by scoop122
    not so much the players we have but how they are playing
    total lack of confidence
    new owners would not stick with him at this point
    i disagree- it was all planed.
    The FA cup is no good for Liverpool- they need to finish in the top 4 to get the money they need playing in the CL next season. Without the CL money Liverpool will be like leeds and end up dropping down the divisions.

rafa can now go 100% in the PL for the 4th spot thus giving liverpool an lifeline for another 12 months!
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '10 19:13
    total lack of confidence
    yes durs is right, the poo tried to get knocked out last night, that's why torres and gerrard started, they also did the same in the cl and will do the same in the europa league next month. in fact the poo could be challenging utd, chelsea and arsenal for the league title like last year they just didn't want to get in the way, very sporting of them wouldn't you agree? of course when they fail to finish forth in the league rafa will still be doing a good job and should stay for the amount of effort he has put into the poo and all their struggles. it takes a man of a certain caliber to do what he has done this season at the poo, the man should be knighted in the new year honors next year if the poo fail to finish in the top 4 this season and hell do we dare dream of prime minister rafa when he takes them down to the championship? lets give the man our full support. in rafa we trust.
  5. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 08:43
    total lack of confidence
    Rafa's responsible for the player's mistakes and poor form? It's not tactics at fault - we've been unlucky with injuries and lack the depth to cover but mostly the fault has to lie with the fact that Gerrard et al have been woefully off form and we've now lost all confidence.
  6. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 08:45
    Originally posted by spurs73
    The FA cup is no good for Liverpool- they need to finish in the top 4 to get the money they need playing in the CL next season. Without the CL money Liverpool will be like leeds and end up dropping down the divisions.

rafa can now go 100% in the PL for the 4th spot thus giving liverpool an lifeline for another 12 months!
    Nonsense ..... as usual
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 08:46
    Originally posted by trev33
    yes durs is right, the poo tried to get knocked out last night, that's why torres and gerrard started, they also did the same in the cl and will do the same in the europa league next month. in fact the poo could be challenging utd, chelsea and arsenal for the league title like last year they just didn't want to get in the way, very sporting of them wouldn't y ...[text shortened]... he takes them down to the championship? lets give the man our full support. in rafa we trust.
    Back on the glue again trev?
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 10:151 edit
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Rafa's responsible for the player's mistakes and poor form? It's not tactics at fault - we've been unlucky with injuries and lack the depth to cover but mostly the fault has to lie with the fact that Gerrard et al have been woefully off form and we've now lost all confidence.
    A coach's job is about tactics and motivation. If a coach can no longer transmit confidence to its players, then maybe it's time to go.
  9. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 11:11
    Originally posted by spurs73

If it was planned, they'd have made sure they lost the first time round and avoided the replay.

Anyway, Liverpool are nowhere near as overexposed as Leeds were.
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 13:06
    Originally posted by Palynka
    A coach's job is about tactics and motivation. If a coach can no longer transmit confidence to its players, then maybe it's time to go.
    The keyword being maybe. It's a tough call for me. No question there's been a collapse in confidence from the near riotous goal scoring form of late last season, and bringing a fresh new face in can absolutely bring in a new sense of hope. But I would say injuries which LFC have not been able to cover for has led to this crisis, and right at the lowest point it is a bitter blow to get news of Torres out for another 6 weeks. For me Benny has shown he is class with a great season with some excellent results last year and throughout his CL history. Sure he makes some odd choices now and then but hopefully he learns from his mistakes. I think he is the top manager we need, but how to address the current feeling at the club? I thought we were starting to pick up a bit of momentum in the league which would have slowly added confidence but with G & T now out that could be scuppered. Benny's promised 4th at the end of the season. I don't think he'll be shown the door now but if we finish less than 4th it's more than likely he'll be given a push 🙁
  11. 6yd box
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 16:43
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    you have a 'lack of depth to cover' because the clubs finances are mis-managed.
    What happened to the money you got for playing in the CL this season (even at the group stages you get more money then the likes of Villa-spurs-everton etc etc)

rafa has spend 18m on johnson- one of the highest fees paid for a full back.
    rafa has brought rubbish players over all thats why u have no proper back up cover.

Liverpool are no longer a top club-fact!
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 17:39
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    The keyword being maybe. It's a tough call for me. No question there's been a collapse in confidence from the near riotous goal scoring form of late last season, and bringing a fresh new face in can absolutely bring in a new sense of hope. But I would say injuries which LFC have not been able to cover for has led to this crisis, and right at the lowest p ...[text shortened]... he door now but if we finish less than 4th it's more than likely he'll be given a push 🙁
    Fair points.

Personally, I don't see him being able to really turn things around and if players don't see change, they might not expect any. If that's true, it not only gets harder to get good players embarking on a project. And if Torres or Gerrard ever get the hitch for titles and don't see change, then they might start pushing for a transfer.

But I definitely understand that many might think differently, especially Pool fans.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 17:41
    i'm not buying this liverpoo injures crisis crap, utd have had much more injuries this season and they're still; challenging. rafa has bought crap and they don't want to play for him it seems, he is a very bad man-manager and that has cost the poo. any other 'top' club would have sacked him by how. for me it's not even the result but the performances and they way the teams plays.
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 18:49
    Originally posted by Palynka
    And if Torres or Gerrard ever get the hitch for titles and don't see change, then they might start pushing for a transfer.
    On the other hand I'm worried Torres might feel like leaving without Benitez around.
  15. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 18:49
    Originally posted by trev33
    i'm not buying this liverpoo injures crisis crap
    Oh well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree