1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 20:15
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    The keyword being maybe. It's a tough call for me. No question there's been a collapse in confidence from the near riotous goal scoring form of late last season, and bringing a fresh new face in can absolutely bring in a new sense of hope. But I would say injuries which LFC have not been able to cover for has led to this crisis, and right at the lowest p ...[text shortened]... he door now but if we finish less than 4th it's more than likely he'll be given a push 🙁
    Blaming injuries is hella lame!

The only reason Rafa is still in a job is because they can't afford to sack him.

D
  2. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 11:09
    Originally posted by trev33
    they don't want to play for him it seems, he is a very bad man-manager
    Keep reading The Sun and watching SKY Trev.
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 11:12
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    The only reason Rafa is still in a job is because they can't afford to sack him.
    This has been repeated so often in the media that know-nothings are now spouting it as fact. How the F would you know whether that's true or not?
  4. Standard memberInlandRevenueUK
    Cause I'm the taxman
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 12:18
    Surely the problem with Liverpool is the fact that, currently, they only have 3 players that would get into Man Utd, Chelsea or even Villa's team, namely Gerrard, Torres and Benayoun.

I would say time for Rafa to go, if only because the vast majority of his signings have been less than brilliant. The current lack of quality cover players is down to him. Rafa has spent £209,425,000 so far during his reign: Hardly a shoestring budget!
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 12:18
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Keep reading The Sun and watching SKY Trev.
    i don't read the sun. or any 'tabloid' paper.

but if the sun has been saying that (good you're here to keep me up to date with what the sun's saying) they have a point.

are you going to try and defend what the poo has done this season? after a trophy-less season last year, any other manager of a 'top' club that was getting the performances out of his players like rafa has would've been sacked if not long ago at least after the reading game. outplayed by a side struggling in the championship... how do you explain that from a side that was supposed to be challenging for the title? if it was a one off i'd let it slide but it's not, the poo have been playing very poor pretty much all season, with the odd good performance here and there.
  6. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 12:47
    Originally posted by InlandRevenueUK
    Surely the problem with Liverpool is the fact that, currently, they only have 3 players that would get into Man Utd, Chelsea or even Villa's team, namely Gerrard, Torres and Benayoun.

I would say time for Rafa to go, if only because the vast majority of his signings have been less than brilliant. The current lack of quality cover players is down to him. Rafa has spent £209,425,000 so far during his reign: Hardly a shoestring budget!
    The whole "get into x's team" thing is hardly a barometer - and highly debatable. (BTW - you forgot Reina and Mascherano).

Rafa has spent approx £230m and recouped £140m in 5 and a half years. So he's actually spent (net) £90m in total, or £15m a year. That's peanuts never mind the fact that he inherited a pretty poor squad.
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 12:49
    i don't read the sun. or any 'tabloid' paper..
    So you know he's a bad man manager and the players don't want to play for him from a first hand source then do you?
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 13:05
    So you know he's a bad man manager and the players don't want to play for him from a first hand source then do you?
    no, you could say it's just a hunch on my part. some of the player don't seem to want to play for him, the only way i can prove this of course is if he is sacked and they start playing like they want to be there.

now are you going to respond to the rest of my post or are you just going to nit-pick?
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 13:10
    That's peanuts never mind the fact that he inherited a pretty poor squad.
    is that the same 'poor squad' that with alonso and garcia added to the mix won the cl in his first season?
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 17:55
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that he's a bad man manager.

All you have to do is look at Benayoun shaking his head and cursing when being substituted after being the best player on the pitch, or read Babel's twitter, or see what Rafa did to Alonso, Keane, etc. Or read Stevie G's autobiography, where he says that he longed for "a 'well done' off Rafa"

A little bit of intellectual honesty on Liverpool fans' part, and your club would be a lot better off.

D
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 17:581 edit
    This has been repeated so often in the media that know-nothings are now spouting it as fact. How the F would you know whether that's true or not?
    Ummm, he's got over 4 years remaining on his contract.

How much do you think it'd cost a cash strapped, poorly managed club to get rid of a CL winning manager with 4 years on his contract?

Again, intellectual dishonesty to serve your own partisan bias.

D
  12. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 12:30
    Ummm, he's got over 4 years remaining on his contract.

How much do you think it'd cost a cash strapped, poorly managed club to get rid of a CL winning manager with 4 years on his contract?

Again, intellectual dishonesty to serve your own partisan bias.

D
    Your missing the point. How do you know that they want to sack him?
  13. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 14:49
    is that the same 'poor squad' that with alonso and garcia added to the mix won the cl in his first season?
    Yes.

No Liverpool fan in their right mind would have tipped us to win the CL that season (at the end of the previous one) given the personnel at our disposal.

It's a great credit to Rafa that he signed those two and coached a very mediocre squad to victory. And nobody can claim that Reina, Aurelio, Torres, Mascherano, Benayoun and Kuyt are not better players than (the 2005 models of) Dudek, Traore, Baros, Biscan, Smicer and Cisse.
  14. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 14:55
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that he's a bad man manager.

All you have to do is look at Benayoun shaking his head and cursing when being substituted after being the best player on the pitch, or read Babel's twitter, or see what Rafa did to Alonso, Keane, etc. Or read Stevie G's autobiography, where he says that he longed for "a 'well ...[text shortened]... llectual honesty on Liverpool fans' part, and your club would be a lot better off.

D
    Nobody's ever shaken their head at being subbed before? Every player at ManUtd is happy with Fergie all of the time? No manager has ever looked to sell a player knowing that he wanted to stay? No manager has bought a player that didn't work out and looked to ship him on ASAP? And nobody at Chelsea has, say, insinuated that the manager lacks the courage to drop Lampard?

A little perspective on your part and your ramblings may not look so terribly biased.
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 19:361 edit
    Your missing the point. How do you know that they want to sack him?
    "We have invested more money than our competitors, in keeping with the history of the club," he is quoted as telling a representative of the fans' group Spirit of Shankly last week. "In the last 18 months, we have invested £128m on top of what has come in.

"That means it should be getting better. Now if it's not getting better, it's not Gillett and Hicks; it's the manager; it's the scouting. You have to make sure you balance out your analysis. There was plenty of money, so if you have any complaints, take a look at the ins and outs."

Fairly obvious that if performances get worse, as they have done, that an owner with a modicum of sense would dump a very poor manager. His spending in the Summer has been comparitively astronomical and he has already cost the owners tens of millions by getting knocked out of the CL so early, and he is going to cost them millions more by only getting into the Intertoto Cup next season.

Anyway, so long as you have Rafa, I'm happy. If he can only motivate the players to play in 2 games a season, that'll do me.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree