1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 07:20
    I am very, very sorry for hopscotch, the only pool fan I respect...

... but on the other hand, it's sweet to see the poo falling, and falling,
    and falling... and I don't mean falling as in "Gerrard diving in the box"

🙂
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 07:48
    liverpoo win europa league and rafa is proclaimed god again - watch.
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 08:08
    Man, if they'd win the Sub-16 Luton Neighborhood Tournament, the poo fans
    would make a party and drink lots of Carlsberg to celebrate.
  4. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 09:37
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Thanks man, but it's no worries really, I was doommongering Liverpool's fate since July so this is no surprise. There are some serious adjustments that need to happen at the club if we ever want to be serious about winning any silverware again.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 09:46
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Thanks man, but it's no worries really, I was doommongering Liverpool's fate since July so this is no surprise. There are some serious adjustments that need to happen at the club if we ever want to be serious about winning any silverware again.
    Would those include Rafa?
  6. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 09:54
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Would those include Rafa?
    I'm leaning towards yes because of his ever-wacky substitution decisions and team selections, but I also think that he can't exactly do much when his team is utterly lacking in depth and currently plagued by so many injuries that they could fill up a casualty ward. These two things are beyond his control. What I'd really like to see are new owners.

So... it's a very mixed "yes".
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 15:12
    I'm leaning towards yes because of his ever-wacky substitution decisions and team selections, but I also think that he can't exactly do much when his team is utterly lacking in depth and currently plagued by so many injuries that they could fill up a casualty ward. These two things are beyond his control. What I'd really like to see are new owners.

So... it's a very mixed "yes".
    🙄

If Rafa stop buying crap players, then he'd have a decent squad.

If he stopped psychologically destroying his own players, he'd have a team who'd play for him.

If he stopped buying, mentally destroying and then selling quality forwards (Keane, Crouch, etc) then he wouldn't be relying on Voronin. The problem that Liverpool currently have can be traced directly to this list...http://www.lfchistory.net/stats_transfers_by_manager.asp?list=Get&manager_id=20&InOut=1

Injuries? Who from the first team was out injured last night? Gerrard, Johnson and Skrtel.

Who from United's first team was out injured on Tuesday? Ferdinand, Vidic, Giggs, Hargreaves and Berbatov.

The ongoing excuses coming from Liverpoo and it's fans is pathetic and repetitive. But can we expect anything less from a supporter who claims his team is currently underfunded after a transfer window in which his team outspent all of their rivals, some of them by a factor of 2.

D
  8. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 16:35
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    🙄

If Rafa stop buying crap players, then he'd have a decent squad.

If he stopped psychologically destroying his own players, he'd have a team who'd play for him.

If he stopped buying, mentally destroying and then selling quality forwards (Keane, Crouch, etc) then he wouldn't be relying on Voronin. The problem that Liverpool currently have can be ...[text shortened]... window in which his team outspent all of their rivals, some of them by a factor of 2.

D
    I agree, Rafa buys a lot of crap. Do YOU think he should go?

As for psychologically destroying his players, Keane really underperformed at Liverpool, he was given many chances and consistently disappointed. Crouch, well, meh. I don't know. He wasn't my favourite really, very one dimensional. Some Pool fans are nuts about him but I don't see it.

Injuries: UEFA granted special dispensation for the inclusion of Ayala and Darby into the squad on Tuesday, because we have so many injuries. The injured list looks more like Gerrard, Johnson, Skrtel, Riera, Aurelio from the first team, El Zahr and Kelly from the reserves. Torres played with a hernia, and Agger with a back injury.

We may have spent more in the transfer window, but it was needed, Alonso was adamant about leaving the club to play in Spain, and, if you had to tally the market value of Liverpool's squad, and compare that to the tally for Chelsea or Arsenal, I think Liverpool would fall pretty short.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 21:07
    I agree, Rafa buys a lot of crap. Do YOU think he should go?

As for psychologically destroying his players, Keane really underperformed at Liverpool, he was given many chances and consistently disappointed. Crouch, well, meh. I don't know. He wasn't my favourite really, very one dimensional. Some Pool fans are nuts about him but I don't see it.

Injur ...[text shortened]... compare that to the tally for Chelsea or Arsenal, I think Liverpool would fall pretty short.
    Personally, no. But then I'm a United fan and I think Liverpool will never really be a threat under Benitez. If I was a Liverpool fan and having to watch that HHHH (hoof, hope, harrass and harry) crap, seeing the millions being wasted on crap players, and watching my manager make bizarre, psychologically destroying decisions (Benayoun,who is my second favourite Poo player behing Torres, being substituted in the last couple of games before last night's game is a prime example), then I probably would want him out, yes.

Alonso wanted to leave because the summer before, Benitez had desperately and publically tried to offload him. Of course Alonso was adamant he wanted to escape the manager.

What's the point in comparing market value? Benitez's squad doesn't compete value wise because his youth system isn't producing, the cheap players he buys generally turn out to be turkeys and he can't improve the players he gets.

Re Keane, he was given 19 PL games, in which he scored 5. It's not exactly good man management to publically shame him because of it, especially considering his career both in PL and internationally. Since Keane went back playing for a manager who believes in him, he has scored 7 goals in 12 matches for Spurs and was top scorer in qualifiers for Ireland. He's not a bad player, just not particularly suited to Benitez's HHHH philosophy.

In terms of net money spent, Benitez must surely have spent more than Wenger and Ferguson in a comparable time period. Chelsea's spending has definitely been bigger. I'll give you that one alright.

D
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 23:16
    Originally posted by Seitse

... but on the other hand, it's sweet to see the poo falling, and falling,
    and falling... and I don't mean falling as in "Gerrard diving in the box"

🙂
    It's not just Gerrard, though. 😀
  11. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 00:45
    Originally posted by Palynka
    It's not just Gerrard, though. 😀
    So, how many games should N'Gog get for 'decieving the ref'? 🙂
  12. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 00:53
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    The funny thing is that it's N'gog... I'd be very surprised if he did it on purpose, he's such a klutz that I'm surprised he manages to stay on his feet when he takes a throw in.
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 12:55
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    I think it was a clear penalty.

If he hadn't avoided the tackle (by diving over it), he'd have been hit anyway: penalty!

D
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 13:43
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I think it was a clear penalty.

If he hadn't avoided the tackle (by diving over it), he'd have been hit anyway: penalty!

D
    I think that, at best, that's an indirect free-kick.

Of course, we can debate endlessly about the words "attempts", "careless", "reckless" or "excessive force" but any consistent view of the practice of refereeing would realize that only very rash and dangerous challenges are ever awarded a free-kick without contact.
  15. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 14:48
    I'm just having a bit of fun. I watched the game and, at full tilt, it looked like a penalty. N'gog (thank God I know the proper spelling now) did a fair share of embellishment, though, and I think that's what had Carsley going more than anything.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree