1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    05 Nov '10 01:061 edit
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    I think there's something about the position of WR that either attracts primadonnas or creates them. What is it?
    It's only a recent thing. NFL never used to have this kind of junk in it. There may be someone before this guy that started the "me first" attitude but the first time I can remember it happening where some idiot celebrated every time he did something (even though it was just his job to do it) was....

Deon Sanders.

Before him, I don't remember seeing the stupidness. But Owens, Moss, ocho, have taken selfishness to a whole new level in the nfl.

I think it's largely a generational thing but now you see linebackers, running backs, hell even special teams players doing whatever they can after a play to say to everyone, "hey look at me!! did you see me catch the ball like that!! I am a good player aren't i!!!"

Back in the day, players used to be more concerned about the team, today it's about themselves...with the obligatory finger point to the sky to thank the man with the beard for not helping the other team on that play....
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '10 02:36
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    He got picked up by Tennessee
    I fear for the Titan's collective sanity. Just watch them implode with this silly gamble. Moss runs routes he knows poorly and often seems unwilling to learn new playbooks. Biggest evidence of his selfishness is his admission he does not play the entire game all out. Surely Titans had other options. The name Moss dazzles, but it is always about Moss, not the team.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '10 02:41
    Originally posted by uzless
    It's only a recent thing. NFL never used to have this kind of junk in it. There may be someone before this guy that started the "me first" attitude but the first time I can remember it happening where some idiot celebrated every time he did something (even though it was just his job to do it) was....

Deon Sanders.

Before him, I don't remember seeing ...[text shortened]... the sky to thank the man with the beard for not helping the other team on that play....
    Very aptly put indeed! We have prima donnas seemingly in many sports, fields and endeavors, positions. players just don't act like they've been there. Sanders ushered in an era of "behave like an idiot" and got away with it. I especially hate the spiking the ball and making the first down signal as if they'd scored a TD! I despise each and every one of the players you mentioned. It is especially galling when done on a 1-6 team like Myles Austin got penalized for a couple of weeks ago.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '10 15:39
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I fear for the Titan's collective sanity. Just watch them implode with this silly gamble. Moss runs routes he knows poorly and often seems unwilling to learn new playbooks. Biggest evidence of his selfishness is his admission he does not play the entire game all out. Surely Titans had other options. The name Moss dazzles, but it is always about Moss, not the team.
    I predicted it and it is happeneing before our very eyes. Locker room cancer Moss arrives, Vikings implode; moves to Titans, Titans implode! Patriots get rid of his sorry behind, they go way up! Moss probably whispered in Vince Young's ear sweet "me, me, me nothings". Young has no one to blame but Young, but the Moss presence as an evil catalyst cannot be ignored!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree