1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 00:23
    Since I've had a rough year in the prognostication business, I'll gloat and say the Ravens whipped the Texans in a rather convincing manner.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 01:08
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Since I've had a rough year in the prognostication business, I'll gloat and say the Ravens whipped the Texans in a rather convincing manner.
    Good reason to gloat. Ravens were rather dominant.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 03:36
    Texans came back big this week crushing their only legit challenger the Titans in their house.

Meanwhile in Oakland, who would have thought that the loss of Jason Campbell who was sooooooooooo ordinary in Washington would be such a crushing blow to what looked like the resurgent Raiders? Kyle Boller and Carson Palmer managed to toss 6 picks (Yes, SIX) in a 28-0 embarrassment to the Chiefs. The Raiders gave up two high draft choices for Palmer and have to expect better SOON (Boller is a lost cause). They have a bye and then play Denver where Tim Tebow played crappy for 3 1/2 quarters and then John Elway like for about 7 minutes. That was against the woeful Dolphins however. Should be interesting.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 04:17
    Texans came back big this week crushing their only legit challenger the Titans in their house.

Meanwhile in Oakland, who would have thought that the loss of Jason Campbell who was sooooooooooo ordinary in Washington would be such a crushing blow to what looked like the resurgent Raiders? Kyle Boller and Carson Palmer managed to toss 6 pi ...[text shortened]... y like for about 7 minutes. That was against the woeful Dolphins however. Should be interesting.
    Tebow looked like Tebow of old for the last 7 minute, didn't he?
    Miami will probably be sending Tony Sparano a pink slip any time now.

The Texans also looked great, considering they were missing Andre Johnson and
    Mario Williams. Plus the lost Daniel Manning for some unknown period of time today.
    The team looks solid if they can avoid the injury bug.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 04:01
    Ravens looked rather unimpressive against the Jaguars tonight.
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 07:47
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    "RATHER?" lol
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 17:45
    I called them and said i needed their kicker and QB to have quiet weeks to extend my winning streak to 3 weeks and go 6-1 overall in my fantasy football league. How could they say no?
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 19:29
    Originally posted by Trev33
    I called them and said i needed their kicker and QB to have quiet weeks to extend my winning streak to 3 weeks and go 6-1 overall in my fantasy football league. How could they say no?
    Too bad you didn't have Scobee with 4 FG, 3 over 50 yards.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 19:391 edit
    Too bad you didn't have Scobee with 4 FG, 3 over 50 yards.
    Mason Crosby and Dan Bailey are my two kickers, i use Crosby on away games and Bailey when Green bay are at home. It's been working a treat so far, 18 points from Crosby last week, same as Scobee... needed it as well, that was my least scoring week by far, just got lucky with the opponent.

Edit: i just checked, Scobee was the person i dropped to bring Bailey in lol
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 19:58
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Mason Crosby and Dan Bailey are my two kickers, i use Crosby on away games and Bailey when Green bay are at home. It's been working a treat so far, 18 points from Crosby last week, same as Scobee... needed it as well, that was my least scoring week by far, just got lucky with the opponent.

Edit: i just checked, Scobee was the person i dropped to bring Bailey in lol
    Scobee doobie doo,
    I cut you from my team,
    Now I'm number two.
    I hope that Dan Bailey,
    kicks much better than you
    Because I've mucked this team up
    It's true............
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 21:08
    The defense was fine; they didn't allow a TD. Offense? Not so much ................

If I remember correctly, they did win a Super Bowl in a year where their offense had a streak of three games without scoring a TD.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 22:19
    The defense was fine; they didn't allow a TD. Offense? Not so much ................

If I remember correctly, they did win a Super Bowl in a year where their offense had a streak of three games without scoring a TD.
    The best defense in the world does no good if losses begin to mount though.
    That just means you lose close ball games.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 22:43
    The best defense in the world does no good if losses begin to mount though.
    That just means you lose close ball games.
    Well that was only their second loss and they have Arizona at home next week. They already have convincing wins over the Steelers, Jets and Texans. Perhaps they have a tendency to play to the level of their opposition. I still think they are the AFC team with the best chance of derailing the Pats.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 22:48
    Well that was only their second loss and they have Arizona at home next week. They already have convincing wins over the Steelers, Jets and Texans. Perhaps they have a tendency to play to the level of their opposition. I still think they are the AFC team with the best chance of derailing the Pats.
    You may be right.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Oct '11 16:101 edit
    The Ravens have the best point differential in the AFC and their 83 points allowed is far and away the best in the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings

Flacco is, at best, an average QB (probably below average) and their receiving corps is nothing to write home about, but they have a decent o-line and a solid RB in Rice. With their excellent defense, they probably have enough offense to win a championship.

Still, when your offense is prone to go into ruts like theirs is, you cannot love their chances of winning 4 straight games in the post-season. To beat a really good team on the road, their offense is going to have to play better.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree