1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 14:33
    Originally posted by BLReid
    Wow, a Yankee fan complaining about a team buying up all the talent...there's a new one on me!!!
    Good Jesus! What a hypocrite this guy is!

P-
  2. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 15:50
    Wow, a Yankee fan complaining about a team buying up all the talent...there's a new one on me!!!
    yeah but I am getting sick of evertone buying everything that shoulnt be like that they should have a cap like football
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 15:53
    Originally posted by LivingForJesus
    yeah but I am getting sick of evertone buying everything that shoulnt be like that they should have a cap like football
    Why? It's not like they win the World Series every year. Money doesn't buy you championship rings.
  4. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 16:30
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Why? It's not like they win the World Series every year. Money doesn't buy you championship rings.
    well I have to agree with who ever goes to the yankees usally isn't as good as they use to be
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 22:10
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Oh? Is it through random chance that the Yankees have played in 39 of the 102 World Series?
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 22:16
    So, are the Boston Red Sox legitimately the best team in MLB this year, or are they simply a solid team that has the benefit of being in the worst division? Obviously I think they are pretty good, but am interested in hearing other opinions.
    Let's see...

Boston
    AVE .275
    OBP .359
    HR 85
    Runs 428
    ERA 3.76

Detroit
    AVE .292
    OBP .353
    HR 100
    Runs 503
    ERA 4.36

Clearly Detroit is the better hitting team, while Boston gets the nod in pitching. At least so far. With the return of Rogers and the ascendancy of Andrew Miller (as Boston painfully saw last night), the Tigers' pitching may get much better.
  7. Under Cover
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 03:20
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Let's see...

Boston
    AVE .275
    OBP .359
    HR 85
    Runs 428
    ERA 3.76

Detroit
    AVE .292
    OBP .353
    HR 100
    Runs 503
    ERA 4.36

Clearly Detroit is the better hitting team, while Boston gets the nod in pitching. At least so far. With the return of Rogers and the ascendancy of Andrew Miller (as Boston painfully saw last night), the Tigers' pitching may get much better.
    No question that Detroit is a strong team, and as was pointed out earlier Cleavland and LA and Seattle are AL contenders as well. You left out an important set of numbers in your comparison though, which is win percentage. As of this writing:

Boston .625
    Detroit .595

Of course, as I write this post, these two titans are locked 2-2 and heading to the bottom of the 13th. Great game!
  8. Under Cover
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 03:36
    Update: Detroit just won 3-2 in the bottom of the 13th. That brings the season series between these two teams to 3-3, with a tie breaker tomorrow.
  9. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 06:442 edits
    Update: Detroit just won 3-2 in the bottom of the 13th. That brings the season series between these two teams to 3-3, with a tie breaker tomorrow.
    Hopefully they'll end up in the AL championship as well. It'd be a fun series to watch, and either team could beat the polyester out of any NL team.
  10. Under Cover
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 07:35
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Hopefully they'll end up in the AL championship as well. It'd be a fun series to watch, and either team could beat the polyester out of any NL team.
    Agreed. Unless something dramatic happens after the all-star break, this is sure to be an AL Championship year.
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 12:15
    What a game that was. Both teams had numerous chances to win, but couldn't come up with the clutch hit.

You're right about Boston having a better winning percentage. But as they say - past performance is no guarantee of future results. Look for Detroit to start winning more consistently.
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 12:58
    What a game that was. Both teams had numerous chances to win, but couldn't come up with the clutch hit.

You're right about Boston having a better winning percentage. But as they say - past performance is no guarantee of future results. Look for Detroit to start winning more consistently.
    That game was wicked! Sports talk around here had them written off before the game because we had a rookie/n00b pitching and were calling the game no contest.

2-2 game into extra innings was not expected. I fell asleep around 12 inning, but knew they lost when I saw big poppy after the game not smiling. Too bad.

As you may know, if Sox don't win it all, I'd love to see the Tigers get it. They are about due, right?

They sure have come a long way in 2 years anyway, right?!

P-
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 13:57
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    That game was wicked! Sports talk around here had them written off before the game because we had a rookie/n00b pitching and were calling the game no contest.

2-2 game into extra innings was not expected. I fell asleep around 12 inning, but knew they lost when I saw big poppy after the game not smiling. Too bad.

As you may know, if Sox don't win i ...[text shortened]... They are about due, right?

They sure have come a long way in 2 years anyway, right?!

P-
    From 119 losses in 2003 to trying for a repeat World Series appearance today. Dave Dombrowski and co. have done a magnificent job in turning this franchise around. Its painful to recall how awful Randy Smith was as a GM.
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 20:20
    No question that Detroit is a strong team, and as was pointed out earlier Cleavland and LA and Seattle are AL contenders as well. You left out an important set of numbers in your comparison though, which is win percentage. As of this writing:

Boston .625
    Detroit .595

Of course, as I write this post, these two titans are locked 2-2 and heading to the bottom of the 13th. Great game!
    How's that winning percentage now? That sweep takes Boston's lead over Detroit down to only half a game.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 23:43
    How's that winning percentage now? That sweep takes Boston's lead over Detroit down to only half a game.
    Bet they hold it for at least 3 more days, sucker!

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree