1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 19:04
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Are you on a mission to show how little you know about ANY sport? If so, you're succeeding admirably.
    LMAO!!! I'll bet I have PLAYED in more games than you have. I will bet I have seen more games in person than you have. I'll bet I have watched more games than you have. I will bet I know more players, past and present than you do. I will bet I know more baseball men than you do. In fact, I have probably forgotten more baseball than you know presently. You picked on the wrong guy here because I will embarrass you repeatedly on this topic. Bring it on, but don't trip on your skirt.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 14:291 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    LMAO!!! I'll bet I have PLAYED in more games than you have. I will bet I have seen more games in person than you have. I'll bet I have watched more games than you have. I will bet I know more players, past and present than you do. I will bet I know more baseball men than you do. In fact, I have probably forgotten more baseball than you know presently. Y ...[text shortened]... use I will embarrass you repeatedly on this topic. Bring it on, but don't trip on your skirt.
    Well I've got you all beat.

I once met Johnny Bench!! NOt only that, I have an official opening day baseball from Great American Ball park when it opened a few years back. I bet you can't say that!!

Right back at ya!!! 😀
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 14:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well I've got you all beat.

I once met Johnny Bench!! NOt only that, I have an official opening day baseball from Great American Ball park when it opened a few years back. I bet you can't say that!!

Right back at ya!!! 😀
    Knowing SC, he'll claim he was at the first Cincinnati Red game and was personal pals with Harry Wright.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 14:35
    LMAO!!! I'll bet I have PLAYED in more games than you have. I will bet I have seen more games in person than you have. I'll bet I have watched more games than you have. I will bet I know more players, past and present than you do. I will bet I know more baseball men than you do. In fact, I have probably forgotten more baseball than you know presently. Y ...[text shortened]... use I will embarrass you repeatedly on this topic. Bring it on, but don't trip on your skirt.
    If you ever knew anything about baseball, you've certainly forgotten it.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 14:48
    Gee, we really need to start hitting; Hernandez's HR bailed us out on Friday but we got two hit yesterday in a 7-0 loss. There's too much talent in the lineup for us to be last in the league in the majors in BA and third from the bottom in runs scored.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 15:001 edit
    Gee, we really need to start hitting; Hernandez's HR bailed us out on Friday but we got two hit yesterday in a 7-0 loss. There's too much talent in the lineup for us to be last in the league in the majors in BA and third from the bottom in runs scored.
    I have not said anything as of yet because its early, but I am getting a little nervous. Bruce Almighty has become Bruce (vaccum sound) and no one can seem to actually hit the ball other than Votto.

I knew going intot this season that offense would be a problem. In fact, I think we all did, but not to this extreme. What I will say is that they had better get Dickerson out there, especially in light of their offensive woes. The less he is out there the less sympathy I am going to have for Crusty. I just felt bad for Harang. He pitched well enough to win but wound up with a big old loss. As he left, he was throwing anything in sight. I was almost hoping he would hit Gonzo in the arm with something so that Harriston would take his place and Dickerson would become an everyday player. That's just how desperate I have become.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 15:171 edit
    I have not said anything as of yet because its early, but I am getting a little nervous. Bruce Almighty has become Bruce (vaccum sound) and no one can seem to actually hit the ball other than Votto.

I knew going intot this season that offense would be a problem. In fact, I think we all did, but not to this extreme. What I will say is that they had bette ...[text shortened]... place and Dickerson would become an everyday player. That's just how desperate I have become.
    The team isn't going to hit .208 all year and it seems unlikely Bruce, Phillips and Encarnacion are all going to have bad years. So the fact that we're at 5-5 even though the hitting has been mostly terrible isn't that bad of a sign.

I'd prefer to see Janish get a shot at SS (he's is a SS while Hairston hasn't played there on anything like a consistent basis) since Gonzo isn't hitting at all. I still think it's too early to give up on the LF platoon esp. as Dickerson has made a couple of bonehead plays on the bases. We're likely to face R-L-R-L-R for the rest of the road trip; if Dickerson clearly separates from the other possible LFs (McDonald is 3-11 an might deserve a start Monday against Hampton) by the end of the trip, then that should change.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 16:24
    If you ever knew anything about baseball, you've certainly forgotten it.
    If Wandy Rodriguez shuts you out, you don't have much to hang your hat on mullett. That means in TWO games you nicked ONE pitcher of the 5 or 6 we threw at you. BIG DEAD MACHINE!!! LOL
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 16:29
    If Wandy Rodriguez shuts you out, you don't have much to hang your hat on mullett. That means in TWO games you nicked ONE pitcher of the 5 or 6 we threw at you. BIG DEAD MACHINE!!! LOL
    Splitting a road series is acceptable. All that matters in the standings is Wins and Losses and as of today, the Reds are ahead of the Astros.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 18:53
    Splitting a road series is acceptable. All that matters in the standings is Wins and Losses and as of today, the Reds are ahead of the Astros.
    Yawn!!
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 21:44
    Yawn!!
    Well. keep yawning SC; the Reds came from behind AGAIN and beat the Astros, 4-2. Same game plan as Friday; work the starter, get him out after 6 and then feed on Houston's bullpen.

Back over .500 and 4-2 on the road trip. So far, so good.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    20 Apr '09 01:36
    Well. keep yawning SC; the Reds came from behind AGAIN and beat the Astros, 4-2. Same game plan as Friday; work the starter, get him out after 6 and then feed on Houston's bullpen.

Back over .500 and 4-2 on the road trip. So far, so good.
    Better place those bets in Las Vegas and get in line for those playoff tickets now.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Apr '09 02:13
    Er....um....he doesn't look at wins or loses, only stats.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    20 Apr '09 04:531 edit
    Er....um....he doesn't look at wins or loses, only stats.
    You are arguing apples and oranges. I never said any team was going to win or lose any amount of games, or that one was better than another. I merely stated that Oswalt owns the Reds, not the other way around. The proof is in the record book. As for the Reds winning or losing, who really cares? I certainly don't. I made my projections and neither the Reds nor the Astros were picked by me. I chose the Cardinals. At last glance, the Cardinals are in first. The season is young and there is a lot more baseball to be played. Have a nice day.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 17:27
    The Reds come from behind AGAIN and beat the Astros, 4-3 with Joey Votto's 2 run double in the 7th against the Houston bullpen being the big blow. Arthur Rhodes worked out of a bases loaded jam in the 8th and Cordero stayed perfect in save situations. The Reds go 2 over .500 for the first time and win 3 out of 4 in Houston.

Next up: a three games series in Chicago against the Cubs starting tonight. A tough pitching match-up to start the series: our no. 5, Micah Owings, (who's shown he can hit but pitch? Not so much.) against the solid Rich Harden.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree