1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 00:11
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    So I risk $200 on the off-chance that someone on the internet I don't know will pay me $4000 if he loses?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight ------------------------------
    What would you do if your next door neighbor didn't pay you? You're risking money either way with that logic but with your claim you, apparently, wouldn't be risking anything.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 02:22
    People can claim anything on the net. I wouldn't trust an anonymous internet poster for $4gs. And neither would any sane person.
    I guess I shouldn't trust that you would pay your $200.00 to me.

Obviously, it is a tremendous amount of money for you.

I will allow you to back up, since you obviously aren't going to nut up.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 23:131 edit
    Wow, the Dreds could not hit the side of a barn. They can't be this bad, can they? Not even Whodey thought they would be THIS bad. 😲
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 16:56
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I guess I shouldn't trust that you would pay your $200.00 to me.

Obviously, it is a tremendous amount of money for you.

I will allow you to back up, since you obviously aren't going to nut up.
    It's enough so I don't want to give it up for nothing. And since you can't be relied on to honor your side of the bet, that's what I'd potentially be doing.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 17:02
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    What would you do if your next door neighbor didn't pay you? You're risking money either way with that logic but with your claim you, apparently, wouldn't be risking anything.
    I don't make bets in person with people who I think won't pay. Why should I do so on the net? An anonymous user name on an internet board has a powerful incentive not to pay off a $4,000 bet i.e. nothing can happen to him if he doesn't. I could at least have someone break my neighbor's legs if he didn't pay me.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 17:051 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Wow, the Dreds could not hit the side of a barn. They can't be this bad, can they? Not even Whodey thought they would be THIS bad. 😲
    8 runs wasn't so bad yesterday. The players will wind up hitting to their baseball cards except for maybe Rolen who I'm starting to worry about.

3 games back and a 3 game series with St. Louis starting tomorrow. Be nice to take 2 out of 3 but regardless I'm not in "permanent pessimistic and hating his supposed team" mode that whodey is. The team will come around and Chapman is gassing.
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 20:36
    It's enough so I don't want to give it up for nothing. And since you can't be relied on to honor your side of the bet, that's what I'd potentially be doing.
    How can you question my honor? There are people at RHP who can more than ably
    vouch whether I cover my bets. So, choose your words a bit more carefully, or
    put your money where your mouth is.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 20:38
    I don't make bets in person with people who I think won't pay. Why should I do so on the net? An anonymous user name on an internet board has a powerful incentive not to pay off a $4,000 bet i.e. nothing can happen to him if he doesn't. I could at least have someone break my neighbor's legs if he didn't pay me.
    You don't have the balls to break them yourself? Why must you resort to a thug to
    do your dirty work?

You can't pony up $200.00 for a wager...how the hell are you gong to fund a legbreaker?

What a crock!
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 21:10
    How can you question my honor? There are people at RHP who can more than ably
    vouch whether I cover my bets. So, choose your words a bit more carefully, or
    put your money where your mouth is.
    Get lost; you're just a loudmouth on an internet board who probably lives in Mom and Dad's basement. You probably couldn't come up with $4 on your own, never mind $4,000.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 21:111 edit
    You don't have the balls to break them yourself? Why must you resort to a thug to
    do your dirty work?

You can't pony up $200.00 for a wager...how the hell are you gong to fund a legbreaker?

What a crock!
    Like Obama says "Spread the Wealth". I'm perfectly willing to pony up cash for a good purpose; I'm just not willing to throw it away to a probable welsh IF my Reds don't win the World Series since I'll get nothing if they do.

I'm too pretty for prison.😀
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 21:29
    Get lost; you're just a loudmouth on an internet board who probably lives in Mom and Dad's basement. You probably couldn't come up with $4 on your own, never mind $4,000.
    Ah, there is nothing new under the sun... no new ideas. I wonder where this idea of living in Mom and Dad's basement came from?... Especially since the structuring of your sentence somewhat implies that you are talking about your own mother and father.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 21:59
    Letting your mouth overload your brain again?

Better get your facts straight or you will look like a bigger ass than you already are.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 22:00

I'm too pretty for prison.😀
    I am sure you are. You would be somebody's lamb for sure.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 22:10
    You think SC, you can stop with the BS and get back to the subject at hand: the fact that the Reds are going to be hoisting the World Series trophy in about 6 months?

How about these numbers from Aroldis Chapman:

8.0 IP, 3 hits, 15 Ks and ZERO walks.

And he's been taking it easy and only throwing his fastball 97-98 instead of 104 like we know he can.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Apr '12 22:36
    You think SC, you can stop with the BS and get back to the subject at hand: the fact that the Reds are going to be hoisting the World Series trophy in about 6 months?

How about these numbers from Aroldis Chapman:

8.0 IP, 3 hits, 15 Ks and ZERO walks.

And he's been taking it easy and only throwing his fastball 97-98 instead of 104 like we know he can.
    Yawn.... the Reds FINALLY caught up to the Astros who are playing more rookies
    as starters than the Reds have on their entire team.

You heard it here... the Reds WILL NOT WIN this year.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree