1. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    08 Aug '09 18:57
    why are all the best reverse swing bowlers from Pakistan?
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Joined
    10 Dec '04
    Moves
    794662
    08 Aug '09 23:35
    Why would a Scotsman give a monkeys ??
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10258
    08 Aug '09 23:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why are all the best reverse swing bowlers from Pakistan?
    is it because they live on the other side of the world where it's a bit lopsided?

    or is it because they have smaller fingers than us?

    hindu god does it for them?
  4. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    09 Aug '09 00:31
    Originally posted by trev33
    is it because they live on the other side of the world where it's a bit lopsided?

    or is it because they have smaller fingers than us?

    hindu god does it for them?
    ammm- most pakistanis r Muslim-
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    09 Aug '09 00:32
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Why would a Scotsman give a monkeys ??
    my wife is a Pakistani national, i spent a considerable time there and learned the art of Cricket, Yes i know my friend it is unusual, but what can i say, every man to his own.
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    09 Aug '09 00:33
    Originally posted by spurs73
    ammm- most pakistanis r Muslim-
    Lol,
  7. Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    19450
    10 Aug '09 03:36
    Ball tampering.
  8. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    10 Aug '09 08:46
    Originally posted by Zort Boy
    Ball tampering.
    u know F- all about cricket
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91896
    13 Aug '09 01:26
    I can made the old ball swing with conventionally. No bull! I just dont bowl fast enough to trouble good batsmen , but I get wickets regurlarly at club level. That is when I used to play.
    I really dont see why these international calss players cant swing the ball. Although both teams were swinging it regurlarly in the last ashes test. Even Johnoson­čś▓
  10. Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    19450
    13 Aug '09 01:40
    Originally posted by spurs73
    u know F- all about cricket
    Well the ball tampering quip certainly got a reaction. Pakistan actually produce some great fast boelers. Umar Gul played for Western Australia in our national T20 competition last year and was awsome with the ball.
  11. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    35068
    13 Aug '09 15:30
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I really dont see why these international class players cant swing the ball.
    Various reasons. One of which is that if you bowl too fast conventional swing doesn't work. Reverse swing, though, needs real speed under most conditions.
  12. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    13 Aug '09 17:27
    Originally posted by mtthw
    Various reasons. One of which is that if you bowl too fast conventional swing doesn't work. Reverse swing, though, needs real speed under most conditions.
    looking forward to the forthcoming ashes test Matthew?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91896
    14 Aug '09 03:50
    Originally posted by mtthw
    Various reasons. One of which is that if you bowl too fast conventional swing doesn't work. Reverse swing, though, needs real speed under most conditions.
    Instead of putting the your fore finger and middle finger down the seam you put it to one side. You aim about 6feet wide of the batsman (the side your fingers are on) and bowl. The ball comes out heading pretty much towards middle stump. It starts to swing, the batsman adjust and then it swings just a bit more.
    Anyway thats the theory. With a bit of practice anyone can do it.Its just daunting aiming for a spot well of the pitch!
  14. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    14 Aug '09 08:59
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Instead of putting the your fore finger and middle finger down the seam you put it to one side. You aim about 6feet wide of the batsman (the side your fingers are on) and bowl. The ball comes out heading pretty much towards middle stump. It starts to swing, the batsman adjust and then it swings just a bit more.
    Anyway thats the theory. With a bit of practice anyone can do it.Its just daunting aiming for a spot well of the pitch!
    man i gota try that next time i get a chance to play.

    so just to clearify- you have to put both your forefinger ad middle finger by the side of the seam?

    So if u want the ball to swing left to right u put your fingers to the left and vis a vis if u want to go the other way?

    Put as u say, its the confidence of aiming the all 6ft wide of the batsman thats the hard part mentaley anyway!
  15. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    35068
    14 Aug '09 09:071 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Instead of putting the your fore finger and middle finger down the seam you put it to one side. You aim about 6feet wide of the batsman (the side your fingers are on) and bowl. The ball comes out heading pretty much towards middle stump. It starts to swing, the batsman adjust and then it swings just a bit more.
    Anyway thats the theory. With a bit of practice anyone can do it.Its just daunting aiming for a spot well of the pitch!
    It still won't work if you bowl too fast though. Conventional swing is caused by smooth flow on one side of the ball and a turbulent boundary layer on the other. Bowl too fast and both sides go turbulent. Having one side shiny makes it easier to keep the flow smooth, so that's why shining the ball helps.

    Sounds an intereresting technique to try, though. I bowl inswing, but that's because I discovered a few years ago my natural action does that, so I'm not "trying" to do anything in particular.
Back to Top