1. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 23:37
    I'm sorry to have to bring up the subject of this 3rd rate defender again... but having watched the AC Milan v Man Utd game I can't not have a rant about him again...

There are players playing on a Sunday morning that have more knowledge of elementary defending than this bloke.
    On Wedn*sd*y, he jumped (unchallenged) for a clearing header, somehow managed to head the ball just before he landed, and produced a magnificent clearance of 5 yards!
    On another occasion, he went to block a shot and turned his back totally on the striker?
    Again, in attempting to block a shot, he went to ground (he does this regularly though.)
    He's also regularly caught ball watching, and is often found to be totally AWOL from the centre of defence... (or standing with his arm raised in the hope of an offside flag).
    ....and I've not even mentioned his erratic distribution, and more than occasional lapses in concentration that lead to goals being scored against him (Man City at OT, and Holland away for starters...)

I just hope Mr Capello has been watching him closely, because if those bottle bottoms he wears are as strong as they look, he'll be realising that Mr Ferdinand should not even be on the plane to South Africa.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 18:40
    Originally posted by blade68
    I'm sorry to have to bring up the subject of this 3rd rate defender again... but having watched the AC Milan v Man Utd game I can't not have a rant about him again...

There are players playing on a Sunday morning that have more knowledge of elementary defending than this bloke.
    On Wedn*sd*y, he jumped (unchallenged) for a clearing header, somehow managed ...[text shortened]... look, he'll be realising that Mr Ferdinand should not even be on the plane to South Africa.
    Ferdinand reminds me of amny players with no business on a national team who are there ebcause of political pressure, favors owed, or secret reasons. These dinosaurs should be eliminated. England aren't the only team with such issues. Currently it seems only Sapin and Brazil have a collection of their true best players. How about Beckham. What the heck is he doing on the team?
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 18:46
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Ferdinand reminds me of amny players with no business on a national team who are there ebcause of political pressure, favors owed, or secret reasons. These dinosaurs should be eliminated. England aren't the only team with such issues. Currently it seems only Sapin and Brazil have a collection of their true best players. How about Beckham. What the heck is he doing on the team?
    yes indeed- Beckham....a backward step for england, if/when he goes to the world cup, as far as i am concerned.

As for Rio..well ....🙄
  4. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 19:03
    Originally posted by spurs73
    yes indeed- Beckham....a backward step for england, if/when he goes to the world cup, as far as i am concerned.

As for Rio..well ....🙄
    I have to disagree.
    Beckham is still one of the few World class players we have.
    He should be on the plane to SA, and used as an impact substitute.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 20:44
    Originally posted by blade68
    I have to disagree.
    Beckham is still one of the few World class players we have.
    He should be on the plane to SA, and used as an impact substitute.
    No better than a sub and only ten minute's worth if that! Skills are still somewhat there yet he's so full of himself he thinks opponents still tremble at the mere sight of. Overrated, overpaid, and conceited. Like the wife, though. Good jusdge on Amercian Idol!
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 20:59
    No better than a sub and only ten minute's worth if that! Skills are still somewhat there yet he's so full of himself he thinks opponents still tremble at the mere sight of. Overrated, overpaid, and conceited. Like the wife, though. Good jusdge on Amercian Idol!
    Couldn't of put it better myself ! Well said .
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 22:56
    To be fair its the English media who still hurp after him.
    I have seen a few games of him playing for AC and he does very little- stands on the right and crosses balls.... its a bit like the KICKER in NFL teams😲
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 00:02
    To be fair its the English media who still hurp after him.
    I have seen a few games of him playing for AC and he does very little- stands on the right and crosses balls.... its a bit like the KICKER in NFL teams😲
    Do not dis NFL kickers who only play when called upon by coach in right circumstances and do so by design. Beckham is a stump by choice, useful only for falling off from and a drag on the English side. He used to be great, not great anymore. If Capello dumped Beckham and Rio perhaps England would be unstoppable with the sub players plugged in!
  9. 6yd box
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 12:59
    Do not dis NFL kickers who only play when called upon by coach in right circumstances and do so by design. Beckham is a stump by choice, useful only for falling off from and a drag on the English side. He used to be great, not great anymore. If Capello dumped Beckham and Rio perhaps England would be unstoppable with the sub players plugged in!
    TBH the real problem position for england at the moment is GOALKEEPER
    This is a shame as in the 70s we had 5 or 6 keppers who could 'walk' into any internation team.. now that has all changed:'(

Back on topic😵... Rio being captain not the way i wud have gone. I have never rated him to be fair as i think he has been built up to much by the media. I dont think he wud have played as much for england if he was with another team but Man U.

But to be fair to the manager who cud take the captains band..for me Steve G wud have been a good choice but his accent wud confuse the internation media😵😵

The other choice wud be Lampard... but he is not liked by a lot of england fans
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 13:44
    TBH the real problem position for england at the moment is GOALKEEPER
    This is a shame as in the 70s we had 5 or 6 keppers who could 'walk' into any internation team.. now that has all changed:'(

Back on topic😵... Rio being captain not the way i wud have gone. I have never rated him to be fair as i think he has been built up to much by the media. I dont ...[text shortened]... media😵😵

The other choice wud be Lampard... but he is not liked by a lot of england fans
    Good point. Never been another Gordon Banks! Lampard would be a good choice for captain indeed. What kind of accent does Steve G have that would be confusing? Cockney? Something rural from central England? Int Media was born confused so that should never be an issue. IN good old USA reporters always ask the dumbest q's! I love when a cocky, witty players is asked "what does the win mean? Answer: we scored more than 'em other guys!
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 14:41
    What kind of accent does Steve G have that would be confusing?
    clam down, clam down... the dudes from liverpoo, horrible accent - sounds like a constipated mouse after a large helium intake.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 15:29
    Originally posted by trev33
    clam down, clam down... the dudes from liverpoo, horrible accent - sounds like a constipated mouse after a large helium intake.
    Liverpool? That's it? Sounds quasi-Irish. Not hard to understand at all as evidenced by world loving the Beatles despite the accent. I though maybe ya'll were talking about a rural enclave style accent hard to follow even with subtitles. Liverpool? Gotta be kidding! Not hard at all!
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 15:39
    Liverpool? That's it? Sounds quasi-Irish. Not hard to understand at all as evidenced by world loving the Beatles despite the accent. I though maybe ya'll were talking about a rural enclave style accent hard to follow even with subtitles. Liverpool? Gotta be kidding! Not hard at all!
    not hard to understand yes (you're possible new to the postings of spurs... 98% bs) but it is a horrible accent. go to youtube if you've never heard him talk... horrible, horrible accent.
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 17:20
    Originally posted by trev33
    not hard to understand yes (you're possible new to the postings of spurs... 98% bs) but it is a horrible accent. go to youtube if you've never heard him talk... horrible, horrible accent.
    I insist it is not that bad! It's not like it's backwoods Cajun or something! Or West Virginia from the sticks or NWest, Tennessee. Those are hard to understand. Some highlanders sound like they've got pebbles in their mouths, but if one listens clsoely it is not that bad. Liverpudians are not that hard at all!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree