1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Jan '11 20:46
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    You do have a point there. Why in Maine there's signs in bathrooms, only in French, urging people not to pee on the floor and toilet seat. Is that what you mean by Habs fans?
    That's funny.

Yes, you're on the right track.
  2. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    08 Jan '11 17:49
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Dude, you've been touting this schmuck for years. I'll bet you 20 bucks he doesn't get a pt/game for the rest of the season. Hell, I'll bet you 20 he doesn't get a pt every 1.5 games for the rest of the season!
    that would be a dumb bet considering the islanders are such a crappy team. Be difficult for anyone on that team to go a point/game considering that there are maybe only 15 guys in the entire league than can go a point/game...and they're on good teams!

A truer test of schremps ability would be to put him on Detroit or Vancouver and play with top players instead of the young rookies he's playing with now.

Your bet is not even close to being a fair one. But it is better than the bet i've had with certain rhpers about whether the leafs would have more points than the habs last year.....
  3. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    08 Jan '11 17:561 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Ever heard the saying "It's not the band I hate, it's their fans" ?
    Toronto fans don't like montreal fans because montreal fans think they know more about the game than leaf fans and that leaf fans only really care about big tough guys that fight. This comes across to toronto fans as "arrogance" or something to that affect.

Montreal fans enjoy the game for what it is...a fast moving high paced game with end to end action and amazing talented players.

Toronto fans just want to see fights and hits. They admire players that are tough and deride players who only have skills (ie mats sundin).

This is the difference between the two fan bases.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree