1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    11 Nov '12 18:13
    Originally posted by CLL53
    Yeah, there are a couple of tough games to play, Miss. State, and LSU won't be a complete cakewalk. I think Bama will win both games though, but much closer than the previous games. Still sticking with 62-9 against Auburn though, people just don't realize how bad Auburn is this year.
    The Tide must have been looking ahead to the Auburn game!! LOL
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '12 02:48
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    The Tide must have been looking ahead to the Auburn game!! LOL
    Don't say things like that when half of Tuscaloosa is in need of being talked off the cliff!
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 00:47
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Don't say things like that when half of Tuscaloosa is in need of being talked off the cliff!
    Sure got quiet in here. Someone forgot to take care of business.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 18:54
    Sure got quiet in here. Someone forgot to take care of business.
    I've hated both OU and Bama after they were allowed to play NCG despite losing their conference championship games or not even playing in it, either/or. A&M took it to them sans fear, showed them about as much respect as deserve and did not let them off the hook like stupid LSU. However, I was happier A&M did it to them rather than LSU!
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 21:14
    I've hated both OU and Bama after they were allowed to play NCG despite losing their conference championship games or not even playing in it, either/or. A&M took it to them sans fear, showed them about as much respect as deserve and did not let them off the hook like stupid LSU. However, I was happier A&M did it to them rather than LSU!
    ah yes, the University of Texas @ College Station aggies......
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 05:481 edit
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    They shouldn't be going to the NCG, unless 2 of the 3 unbeatens fall. I suspect K-State will be the new #1.
    Mwhahaha, mwhahahahahahaha!!

They may as well just inscribe BAMA on the trophy.
  7. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 07:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    Mwhahaha, mwhahahahahahaha!!

They may as well just inscribe BAMA on the trophy.
    I think Bama would beat The Irish. Just IMO, but a few chips still have to fall for that to happen. The SEC championship (alabama/georgia) and a few others.

BCS anarchy is what I say!

Oregon, the alleged best from the pac12 "hiccupped" tonight, along with the drubbing of K-State! The Big (little D) 12 too!

Who the hell knows?
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 12:42
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I think Bama would beat The Irish. Just IMO, but a few chips still have to fall for that to happen. The SEC championship (alabama/georgia) and a few others.

BCS anarchy is what I say!

Oregon, the alleged best from the pac12 "hiccupped" tonight, along with the drubbing of K-State! The Big (little D) 12 too!

Who the hell knows?
    It has become fun and entertaining. ANy outcome but another lousy Bama NCG because voters give them so much love would be fine by me! I think Aggies are better than Bama, but they won't go because of two losses! We need a playoff!
  9. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 14:521 edit
    It has become fun and entertaining. ANy outcome but another lousy Bama NCG because voters give them so much love would be fine by me! I think Aggies are better than Bama, but they won't go because of two losses! We need a playoff!
    The BCS is certainly biased for the SEC. I believe maybe rightly so, seeing as how they've won and won and won.

I believe the ratings and standings shouldn't come out until maybe the 3rd or 4th week.. Bias seems to hold with coaches poll regardless.

Some sort of playoff system seems reasonable. Now, Florida Gators are back in the hunt, but I don't think they're good enough. Every team has a let-down. The mighty Satan and his Bama team did just that.
    Any given team might beat the exalted teams on any day..

but the bowl system has it's merits, in the tune of $$ millions of dollars toward that school.
  10. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    22 Nov '12 00:15
    If Alabama beats ND in the title game, the national champs only loss will be to Texas A&M an awesome school that will get more and more attention in the SEC.
  11. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    22 Nov '12 04:17
    Originally posted by moon1969
    If Alabama beats ND in the title game, the national champs only loss will be to Texas A&M an awesome school that will get more and more attention in the SEC.
    A program that got the staff from U of H, if I'm not mistaken. Much improved over the last 5 years or so.

I'm just glad they schooled the Bama, at the right time. Every college team will have a let down.

Knowing this, I hope (reluctantly) that Georgia (UCHH) beats the mighty satan's team too in the SEC championship.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    22 Nov '12 05:24
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Goes to show that any team can beat another on a given day.
    Don't forget that the aggies already lost two games before the got to Alabama.
  13. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 20:542 edits
    Goes to show that any team can beat another on a given day.
    Don't forget that the aggies already lost two games before the got to Alabama.
    Yeah A&M's two losses were to Florida 17-20 and LSU 19-24. A&M was leading at halftime in both games but could not maintain. A&M knew it would be tough being in the best football conference (and division) in the country. Yet, A&M and central/east Texas are gladly SEC country.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 01:00
    Originally posted by CLL53
    The Bama v. Auburn game should be a real riot this year, good for a lot of laughs. Maybe the refs will either stop the game after the thrid quarter or Bama gets a chance to play their third and fourth string for much of the game. I look for that game to be as follows: Bama 62 Auburn 9 (and these are conservative guesses, could be a real blowout akin to Bama v. VPI under the Bear: 81-0)
    As I said before.....too many points....you lose!!

Don't worry, you didn't have the conviction to back your prediction up with cash.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree