1. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    21 May '07 08:41
    Originally posted by smartrrrrs
    even when our Ronnie has a dull game he still has to be carefully marked
    Good point the special one admitted he insisted on at least 6 behind the ball and double mark the wings.

Ronaldo has a weakness that Milan exposed, he doesn't pass.

Scholes and Rooney had great games, Chelsea's man of the match was the goalkeeper, that in a match with so little chances.
  2. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 May '07 12:36
    Originally posted by John1916
    every one in england says he's the best player ever, maybe even better than maradona and pele.
    Funny, I've never heard anyone in England say that. But then I only live here.
  3. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    21 May '07 13:54
    Both and ask anyone in ireland who (irish are never brainwashed) they'll say he gives the ball away more often than he does anything with it
    heyhey angry boy sure if he has the ball and gives it away sure he's done somrthing with it
    For someone who isn't brainwashed this sounds an awful lot like what Dunphy and co sprout every time Ronaldo plays... Are you sure you're not brainwashed? Or are you just easily lead? 😞😞😞
  4. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 May '07 23:43
    if you were brainwashed,would you know?
  5. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    22 May '07 16:30
    Ronaldo is no Maradonna and never will be, but he's made amazing progress and if if does continue to improve he will end up being a leading player in Europe.[/b]
    he's a good player with potential but isn't effective in the big games
    so he will never be a leading player in europe, he however will be a top player at breaking down weaker defenses and so will be ideal for winning leagues where stubborn defenses can often be next to impossible to break down esppecially when the big boys are in town
  6. Joined
    25 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 May '07 17:05
    ronaldo is class. Look at his gaol scoring ratio in the premeir league
    not bad from mid field.
  7. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    22 May '07 17:05
    he's a good player with potential but isn't effective in the big games
    so he will never be a leading player in europe, he however will be a top player at breaking down weaker defenses and so will be ideal for winning leagues where stubborn defenses can often be next to impossible to break down esppecially when the big boys are in town
    Well, if he's only going to be good for winning league titles we may as well get rid of him. 😞😞😞 😴
  8. Joined
    25 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 May '07 17:06
    Originally posted by cadwah
    Well, if he's only going to be good for winning league titles we may as well get rid of him. 😞😞😞 😴
    SAME as beckham.
  9. Joined
    25 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 May '07 17:07
    yeah same rae beckham.
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 May '07 17:11
    😀

Ronaldo is a great player and even if he sometimes under-performs in the important matches, he's just 22, so he has a lot to learn.

How many 22-year-olds were the main figure in a club like Manchester United? He's not half-way there yet, but he can become a true great.
  11. Joined
    25 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 May '07 17:14
    Originally posted by Palynka
    😀

Ronaldo is a great player and even if he sometimes under-performs in the important matches, he's just 22, so he has a lot to learn.

How many 22-year-olds were the main figure in a club like Manchester United? He's not half-way there yet, but he can become a true great.
    TRUE
  12. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    22 May '07 19:38
    a great player will be effective in important cup matches as well as against weak teams
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 May '07 20:252 edits
    I thought the English hated Christiano Ronaldo for his whining and diving against England (and ohters) during the World Cup? What happened? I guess it's a bit of "What have you done for me lately" syndrome...
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 May '07 20:43
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I thought the English hated Christiano Ronaldo for his whining and diving against England (and ohters) during the World Cup? What happened? I guess it's a bit of "What have you done for me lately" syndrome...
    Actually they hated him because he made a 'give that guy a card' gesture when Rooney stamped Ricardo Carvalho's balls.

Go figure, to demand a card in such a situation. They should have hung him in the nearest square. 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree