Moves
    11 Jun '09 12:43
    I will not miss him๐Ÿ˜›
  2. England
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 13:21
    Originally posted by Tychoo
    I will not miss him๐Ÿ˜›
    you will next season. but hope you find your dummy.
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 13:47
    I will not miss him๐Ÿ˜›
    ManU will
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 14:12
    I wonder if the transfer system would ever work in North American sports?
  5. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 14:22
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    ManU will
    Fergie's not daft - he's got someone in the pipeline to relace him no doubt... plus what a great bit of business - buy something for 17M and 4/5 years later sell it for 80M....
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 15:08
    Rons gone๐Ÿ™„
    Good riddance!
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 15:33
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    ManU will
    Yep, were goin to miss him big time ๐Ÿ™
  8. Standard membercadwah
    ยฏ\_(^.^)_/ยฏ
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 16:36
    Sad to see him go as he is an awesome talent, however at least it means I no longer have to defend his petulance and cheating and the fact he is a horrible cnut of a man. ๐Ÿ˜›

Plus at 80M, that is a great piece of business. Of course we will have an endless summer of media and rival fan WUMming.

In Fergie we trust!
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 18:59
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I wonder if the transfer system would ever work in North American sports?
    no.

the system is totally different in europe than in n. america. the college system makes sense in the states (and canada ๐Ÿ˜›) then the draft etc. don't you not think there's enough money in n. american sport with the players contracts without adding transfer fees?
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 19:17
    Originally posted by trev33
    don't you not think there's enough money in n. american sport with the players contracts without adding transfer fees?
    Yes, I don't not think there's enough money in the players' contracts but aren't these transfer fees independent of what a player earns as a salary?
  11. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 19:23
    He must have enjoyed being beaten by Barcelona in the Champions League final so much that he decided to see what it feels like over a whole season.
  12. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 19:33
    Yes, I don't not think there's enough money in the players' contracts but aren't these transfer fees independent of what a player earns as a salary?
    The "transfer fee" as announced (£80m) is really a figure that they agree on announcing to the press. In the transfer contract there will be all sorts of other clauses, sometimes a club will have to pay an additional amount based on performance, for example, and then there's agents' commissions and other stuff like a fee if the player is sold on again. It's difficult to work out the exact cost of a transfer. A proportion of the transfer fee usually goes to the player. Players salaries are independent of the transfer fee, and can also include many different types of bonuses.
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 19:42
    Jorge Mendes does it again!
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 19:56
    yes but all the teams involved have money problems. hell just a few years ago the council in madrid bought real's training ground off them for a stupid amount of money then built them a new one, for free. they are still in debt though. but yes this money will no doubt go to the man utd shareholders, some maybe for transfer funds but the public will still be ripped off in ticket and mercendice prices.

i would like to see a few things from n. america brought into european sports actually, the wage cap for example. mediocor players getting £50,000+ a week while your average smuck has to pay about £40 just to get to see them play.

basically i think this 80m fee is a joke.
  15. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 20:52
    Originally posted by blade68
    Fergie's not daft - he's got someone in the pipeline to relace him no doubt... plus what a great bit of business - buy something for 17M and 4/5 years later sell it for 80M....
    He's like Mike Ashley in reverse.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree