1. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 07:36
    Originally posted by Hopster
    In other news Portsmouth are very close to going to the wall.

That's what paying obscene wages will do to a club.

Funny that Rednapp hasn't commentated.
    What's he gonna say?

"It's not my fault nobody stopped me spending money they didn't have"
  2. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 16:231 edit
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    What's he gonna say?

To an extent that would be a fair comment. It's not the manager's job to set a budget - that's for the board. (Which is why, as a Leeds fan, I blame Ridsdale rather than O'Leary for what happened when it all went wrong). There aren't many managers who won't spend money if they're given it.

The flip side of this is that it does often irritate me when managers complain they aren't being given any cash to spend. Their job is to do the best with the resources that are available. As long as the expectations match the investment (e.g. you can't blame a manager for getting relegated if you're funding the club like a lower division side) and the board is honest about the situation (no saying "yes, you'll have money to spend" and then back-tracking) they've got no complaint.
  3. Santiago
    Moves
    27 Oct '10 03:09
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    What's he gonna say?

He's probably not going to say that most of the deals were done so he could take a slice off the top.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    27 Oct '10 09:161 edit
    Originally posted by mtthw
    To an extent that would be a fair comment. It's not the manager's job to set a budget - that's for the board. (Which is why, as a Leeds fan, I blame Ridsdale rather than O'Leary for what happened when it all went wrong). There aren't many managers who won't spend money if they're given it.

The flip side of this is that it does often irritate me when mana yes, you'll have money to spend" and then back-tracking) they've got no complaint.
    Well, it's the manager's job to assess realistically what the team is able to achieve. Of course, whining will get you nowhere but there are other ways to get the message across.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 14:20
    So he's go on hols to the USA for a while. What do you reckon that's really about?
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 16:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So he's go on hols to the USA for a while. What do you reckon that's really about?
    Let's hope the greedy fat potatoe head ,barsteward stays there !!
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 20:47
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Let's hope the greedy fat potatoe head ,barsteward stays there !!
    Lol.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree