Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 30 Apr '12 16:44
    He can't do any worse, accept for sir alf !
  2. 01 May '12 11:43
    Originally posted by phil3000
    He can't do any worse, accept for sir alf !
    I wish they had considered one of the three Roberto's instead. Di Matteo is a tremendous motivator, Mancini reined in a terrible group of broncos and Martinez is a giant slayer!
  3. 01 May '12 14:24
    Originally posted by phil3000
    He can't do any worse, accept for sir alf !
    I think he's a great guy, too good for the England job that's for sure.
  4. 01 May '12 21:23
    Originally posted by phil3000
    He can't do any worse, accept for sir alf !
    Well he's English, which feels right for the national side. I wonder why Redknapp didn't get approached.
  5. Subscriber roma45online
    st johnstone
    01 May '12 23:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Well he's English, which feels right for the national side. I wonder why Redknapp didn't get approached.
    his wife would not let him. seriously, best of luck in the finals from north of the border most scots hope you do well. seldom admit it though.
  6. 02 May '12 05:54
    Originally posted by roma45
    best of luck in the finals from north of the border most scots hope you do well. seldom admit it though.
    really??
  7. Subscriber roma45online
    st johnstone
    02 May '12 09:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    really??
    hand on heart, honestly, dont know if the olympics razzmatazz or what, but not much talk about euro 12 just now, just hope its better to watch than the last world cup.
  8. 02 May '12 18:51
    Roy's gonna get slaughtered, it's just a matter of time.
  9. 02 May '12 18:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    really??
    No. Trust me, no.
  10. 02 May '12 19:12
    Originally posted by Trev33
    No. Trust me, no.
    I like Roy...really. But what were the FA thinking? The whole fotballign country wanted Harry, but oh no he was 'expensive'.
  11. 02 May '12 21:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I like Roy...really. But what were the FA thinking? The whole fotballign country wanted Harry, but oh no he was 'expensive'.
    Roy has more international experience that Harry, he's a better pick imo. Who got Fulham to the final of the Europa league? Yes, i know... the Europa league, but with Fulham.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Hodgson

    Read it and tell me he's a bad pick. Best Englishman for the job. He has been to the World and Euros with Switzerland, managed Finland and a bunch of clubs in different countries. What has Harry done? Managed 6 clubs, all in England... 7 years at West Ham, what did the Han do in the period? Nothing. Won the FA cup beating the mighty Cardiff in the final. Good couple of years with Spur but what have they won? Nothing.

    Dude is over rated and too happy with 'safe' jobs, not the guy for England. Roy on the other hand has thrown himself into the lion den and gave it a go over the years, not all have been successful but at least experience was gained.
  12. 03 May '12 02:48 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Roy has more international experience that Harry, he's a better pick imo. Who got Fulham to the final of the Europa league? Yes, i know... the Europa league, but with Fulham.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Hodgson

    Read it and tell me he's a bad pick. Best Englishman for the job. He has been to the World and Euros with Switzerland, managed Finland and ave it a go over the years, not all have been successful but at least experience was gained.
    I agree that he has had a lot of expereince but Roy'strack record is hardly one that can be compared to 'Alex Ferguson's' even outside England (as suggested in the Wiki link). Perhaps that page was written by an FA representative as it reads like a generous CV.

    He's not a bad choice but he will be up against it, as he is not the fans choice.
  13. 03 May '12 02:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I agree that he has had a lot of expereince but Roy'strack record is hardly one that can be compared to 'Alex Ferguson's' even outside England (as suggested in the Wiki link). Perhaps that page was written by an FA representative as it reads like a generous CV.

    He's not a bad choice but he will be up against it, as he is not the fans choice.
    A 1/4 or 1/2 spot in the Euros and everyone will be saying he can win the WC with more time getting to know the players.

    He has done two things than Harry has not, managed a top European side (Inter) and taken a country to a major championships. Forget what the fans want, who has the experience to do the best job out of all English candidates?
  14. 05 May '12 21:54
    Harry would be too troublesome for the FA, they want a yes man who will not question anything
  15. 06 May '12 09:42
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    Harry would be too troublesome for the FA, they want a yes man who will not question anything
    If Merlin the magician got the job we still wouldn't make the semi-finals .