1. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '12 16:44
    He can't do any worse, accept for sir alf !
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 May '12 11:43
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I wish they had considered one of the three Roberto's instead. Di Matteo is a tremendous motivator, Mancini reined in a terrible group of broncos and Martinez is a giant slayer!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '12 14:24
    I think he's a great guy, too good for the England job that's for sure.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '12 21:23
    Well he's English, which feels right for the national side. I wonder why Redknapp didn't get approached.
  5. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    01 May '12 23:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Well he's English, which feels right for the national side. I wonder why Redknapp didn't get approached.
    his wife would not let him. seriously, best of luck in the finals from north of the border most scots hope you do well. seldom admit it though. 😀
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 May '12 05:54
    Originally posted by roma45
    best of luck in the finals from north of the border most scots hope you do well. seldom admit it though. 😀
    really??
  7. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    02 May '12 09:30
    really??
    hand on heart, honestly, dont know if the olympics razzmatazz or what, but not much talk about euro 12 just now, just hope its better to watch than the last world cup. 😀
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 May '12 18:51
    Roy's gonna get slaughtered, it's just a matter of time.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 May '12 18:55
    really??
    No. Trust me, no.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 May '12 19:12
    Originally posted by Trev33
    No. Trust me, no.
    I like Roy...really. But what were the FA thinking? The whole fotballign country wanted Harry, but oh no he was 'expensive'.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 May '12 21:03
    I like Roy...really. But what were the FA thinking? The whole fotballign country wanted Harry, but oh no he was 'expensive'.
    Roy has more international experience that Harry, he's a better pick imo. Who got Fulham to the final of the Europa league? Yes, i know... the Europa league, but with Fulham.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Hodgson

Read it and tell me he's a bad pick. Best Englishman for the job. He has been to the World and Euros with Switzerland, managed Finland and a bunch of clubs in different countries. What has Harry done? Managed 6 clubs, all in England... 7 years at West Ham, what did the Han do in the period? Nothing. Won the FA cup beating the mighty Cardiff in the final. Good couple of years with Spur but what have they won? Nothing.

Dude is over rated and too happy with 'safe' jobs, not the guy for England. Roy on the other hand has thrown himself into the lion den and gave it a go over the years, not all have been successful but at least experience was gained.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '12 02:481 edit
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Roy has more international experience that Harry, he's a better pick imo. Who got Fulham to the final of the Europa league? Yes, i know... the Europa league, but with Fulham.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Hodgson

Read it and tell me he's a bad pick. Best Englishman for the job. He has been to the World and Euros with Switzerland, managed Finland and ave it a go over the years, not all have been successful but at least experience was gained.
    I agree that he has had a lot of expereince but Roy'strack record is hardly one that can be compared to 'Alex Ferguson's' even outside England (as suggested in the Wiki link). Perhaps that page was written by an FA representative as it reads like a generous CV.

He's not a bad choice but he will be up against it, as he is not the fans choice.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 May '12 02:57
    I agree that he has had a lot of expereince but Roy'strack record is hardly one that can be compared to 'Alex Ferguson's' even outside England (as suggested in the Wiki link). Perhaps that page was written by an FA representative as it reads like a generous CV.

He's not a bad choice but he will be up against it, as he is not the fans choice.
    A 1/4 or 1/2 spot in the Euros and everyone will be saying he can win the WC with more time getting to know the players.

He has done two things than Harry has not, managed a top European side (Inter) and taken a country to a major championships. Forget what the fans want, who has the experience to do the best job out of all English candidates?
  14. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    05 May '12 21:54
    Harry would be too troublesome for the FA, they want a yes man who will not question anything
  15. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 May '12 09:42
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    Harry would be too troublesome for the FA, they want a yes man who will not question anything
    If Merlin the magician got the job we still wouldn't make the semi-finals .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree